Drinks. I don't give a shit about your damn thread titles.

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Drinks. I don't give a shit about your damn thread title

Postby the cheese » 28 Feb 2017, 10:23

Briandong79 wrote:The 50 best Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts in a blind taste test:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... and-r.html

I have had 43, 38, 29, 19 and 5. 43 is actually probably my favorite, followed by 5.

You have fun.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Feb 2017, 10:28

Briandong79 wrote:The 50 best Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts in a blind taste test:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... and-r.html

I have had 43, 38, 29, 19 and 5. 43 is actually probably my favorite, followed by 5.

One of the guys this weekend was talking about #10's brewery (it's near Raleigh). I'll have to check it out sometime and report back.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 28 Feb 2017, 10:40

I've had none of those. Good talk.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Feb 2017, 10:52

I'll withhold comment until #s comes here to tell us all about the ones he's never heard of, and the meh ones he made his slave ex-wife bring to him.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 28 Feb 2017, 10:58

Gregs Kite wrote:I'll withhold comment until #s comes here to tell us all about the ones he's never heard of, and the meh ones he made his slave ex-wife bring to him.

scanning the list, I don't think I have had any of these. I don't drink stouts very often, which is strange because I like them when I have them.

the brewery with #6 and #23, is 6 blocks from my office.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Feb 2017, 10:59

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:I'll withhold comment until #s comes here to tell us all about the ones he's never heard of, and the meh ones he made his slave ex-wife bring to him.

scanning the list, I don't think I have had any of these. I don't drink stouts very often, which is strange because I like them when I have them.

Please ex pand on the bolded part. TY.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 28 Feb 2017, 11:02

mj3528 wrote:

I feel the same way about stouts. I almost always enjoy them, but I rarely think of them when choosing what beer to purchase.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 28 Feb 2017, 17:15

TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I feel the same way about stouts. I almost always enjoy them, but I rarely think of them when choosing what beer to purchase.

I like pale ales so much and some ambers that stouts are hardly ever my first choice. However, when I have them occasionally, I always enjoy them.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 10:01

Taking this off-line so folks don't get mad at my shoutbox presence and leave....

mj3528 - Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:57 am:
kite, please share your thoughts. this is a safe space. and I really want an answer to my treehouse question

All the Treehouse IPAs and DIPAs are fruity juice bombs. They're Hi-C for adults. They also offer the Single Shot, Double Shot, and That's What She Said stout series, which is basically chocolate milk for adults.

Your best bet is to try Pride and Purpose or Eureka.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Mar 2017, 10:05

Gregs Kite wrote:Taking this off-line so folks don't get mad at my shoutbox presence and leave....

kite, please share your thoughts. this is a safe space. and I really want an answer to my treehouse question

All the Treehouse IPAs and DIPAs are fruity juice bombs. They're Hi-C for adults. They also offer the Single Shot, Double Shot, and That's What She Said stout series, which is basically chocolate milk for adults.

Is there a fruity nationally available beer that is remotely comparable (because we all know that nothing compares to Treehouse)?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 10:08

Briandong79 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Taking this off-line so folks don't get mad at my shoutbox presence and leave....

Is there a fruity nationally available beer that is remotely comparable (because we all know that nothing compares to Treehouse)?

Fuck if I know. All I know is the local "juice haze bombz" I've had around here (Trillium, Great Rhythm, Bissell Bros) are all basically the same thing as Treehouse, with infinitely less headache trying to acquire them. I assume much of TG brews, if they are NE style IPAs, will be very similar to the 'House.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Mar 2017, 10:10

Gregs Kite wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Fuck if I know. All I know is the local "juice haze bombz" I've had around here (Trillium, Great Rhythm, Bissell Bros) are all basically the same thing as Treehouse, with infinitely less headache trying to acquire them. I assume much of TG brews, if they are NE style IPAs, will be very similar to the 'House.

I wouldn't describe the main TG IPAS as fruity, that's part of why I'm really confused (and intrigued(and aroused)) by the description of the Treehouse stuff.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mj3528 » 06 Mar 2017, 11:27

mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 07 Mar 2017, 08:39

I'll let the real goons weigh in, but I feel like if the headline is calling Heady Topper "America's most-loved craft beer," then this story was written at least a year too late. I don't even remember the last time I heard someone talk about this stuff.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Mar 2017, 08:44

TheWolf wrote:

I'll let the real goons weigh in, but I feel like if the headline is calling Heady Topper "America's most-loved craft beer," then this story was written at least a year too late. I don't even remember the last time I heard someone talk about this stuff.

It's the grandfather of the goon beer, but now everyone's got beerboners for these Hi-C IPA fruit juice bombs that people forget this dirty hippie started everything. It's the pussification of beers.

I still don't like being told I have to drink it straight from the can. So bossy!
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.