Las Vegas - hosted by rickm3

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Las Vegas - hosted by rickm3

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 20:59

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Just got home a few minutes ago. Will try and whip something up. But I went by myself for this trip. Might not be all that exciting.

Do not leave out the gay sex parts.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby bosux » 13 Mar 2017, 21:24

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Just got home a few minutes ago. Will try and whip something up. But I went by myself for this trip. Might not be all that exciting.

meal write ups too
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby mj3528 » 13 Mar 2017, 21:40

rickm3 wrote:Paging IMS: I believe you were (or are still in) Vegas. Please post some sort of a Vegas trip report if you get a chance. For those of us here that are interested (which seems to be a very few and which is very odd to me given the demo of this board..but different discussion...different day and all that). I leave on Monday for Vegas, trip #16 or something like that. We are planning on going to the Hoover Dam one day and will be going to Rao's for dinner (based on a suggestion from someone here Goose or Wolf...I think). Always looking for something new/different to do.

I was the source of the rao's recommendation.

If you like rock music this is a fun show:

http://www.raidingtherockvault.com/
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby bosux » 13 Mar 2017, 21:49

mj3528 wrote:
rickm3 wrote:Paging IMS: I believe you were (or are still in) Vegas. Please post some sort of a Vegas trip report if you get a chance. For those of us here that are interested (which seems to be a very few and which is very odd to me given the demo of this board..but different discussion...different day and all that). I leave on Monday for Vegas, trip #16 or something like that. We are planning on going to the Hoover Dam one day and will be going to Rao's for dinner (based on a suggestion from someone here Goose or Wolf...I think). Always looking for something new/different to do.

I was the source of the rao's recommendation.

red rock canyon is nice too
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Mar 2017, 07:44

Call Gaylord2 and see if he wants to play craps. We were undefeated at the craps table for a while. The Lord II has been present for my biggest and third-biggest craps wins ever.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby rickm3 » 14 Mar 2017, 16:00

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Please leave out the gay sex parts.
bosux wrote:
mj3528 wrote: I was the source of the rao's recommendation.

red rock canyon is nice too

Thanks for the Rao's suggestion, we are planning on going there but "planning" something for a Vegas trip is a very loose definition. One trip the guy I went with (not who I am going with this trip) was passed out cold by 5 pm or so (yes we are both in our mid 40's). Dinner plans for that night were put on ice as a result. The same guy one time went totally MIA for about an hour in the middle of the day. I never got a good explanation as to where he went, he just said he was "walking around"...but not responding to calls or texts. I am pretty sure he got a $20 hummer from a crack whore but didn't want to admit it.

I have been to Red Rock, you are right it is nice.

I have also heard good things about raiding the rock vault, but the guy I am going with this trip is super cheap, getting him to spring for the Hoover Dam trip was a bit of a surprise so I doubt a show is in the cards.

Frank the Tank wrote:Call Gaylord2 and see if he wants to play craps. We were undefeated at the craps table for a while. The Lord II has been present for my biggest and third-biggest craps wins ever.

GL2 is most certainly welcome, I am on a horrible run in craps the past few trips. I would save a lot of time and aggravation if I just lit my money on fire instead of playing craps. But things have to change eventually...right?
rickm3
Grantland Editor

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Mar 2017, 19:42

Gaylord and I just had a nice winning session at the Mirage craps table. I needed that after my worst Vegas day ever yesterday. We're like the goddamn wonder twins. Vulnerable apart but invincible together.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby BigJohnStudd » 17 Mar 2017, 21:25

Frank the Tank wrote:Gaylord and I just had a nice winning session at the Mirage craps table. I needed that after my worst Vegas day ever yesterday. We're like the goddamn wonder twins. Vulnerable apart but invincible together.

Which of you is the gorilla, and which is the bucket of ice water?
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Mar 2017, 09:12

BigJohnStudd wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Gaylord and I just had a nice winning session at the Mirage craps table. I needed that after my worst Vegas day ever yesterday. We're like the goddamn wonder twins. Vulnerable apart but invincible together.

Which of you is the gorilla, and which is the bucket of ice water?

Debatable, but Ball is definitely Gleek.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Frank the Tank » Today, 11:44

My trip was ok. Wound up down but rallied on the last day to turn what would have been my worst Vegas trip ever into just a bad trip.

Not too much in the way of antics. Two stories are kind of worth telling, but set your expectations to "meh" before proceeding.

The one guy in our group who isn't married picked up a reasonably attractive girl. He's early 40's. She's probably mid-30's. She introduced herself as a former bachelor contestant, but when we couldn't find her on Google she changed her story to say she was in the final cut but was whittled out of the pool before the first episode is filmed. OK. Anyways he meets us for golf Friday morning talking about all the crazy sex they had. First they went to a strip club that is naked women on the ground floor and naked men upstairs and split time between the two as a couple. Then they went back to her room and fucked like wildfire. HOWEVAH, she joined us for drinks Sunday morning before lunch, and one of the less-delicate guys in my group (already drunk around 10:30am) says "<guy> says the sex was good but could've been better. I'm guessing it would've been better with someone other than him?" She turns white and says "what did you tell them?????" Turns out they didn't fuck and he had to walk it back. Apparently the strip club thing was true but then she just wanted to cuddle back at the room because she's not that kind of girl. Apparently she's all into feeling up above the clothes but nothing else. This guy has a good track record so getting caught in this lie was hilarious. The only way he ever stops hearing about it is to outlive all of us.

Second story: we had a pool cabana at Treasure Island on Saturday. Not as nice as other pools, but much more reasonably priced than other spots on the Strip. Also pretty good waitstaff. Anyhoo, seven of the nine of us were there. We all knew a younger guy through work who was in town with his friends for his bachelor party. We invited them over and bought some beers. They offered to pay their share, but we declined trying to do something nice for the yung'uns. All good. But then some hot girls come over and start playing beer pong with them (they'll rent you a beer pong table at this pool). Then other guys unrelated to the bachelor party come over trying to hit on the hot girls. Next thing you know we've gone from 7 people in the cabana to like 30-35 in a hurry. We started trying to chase away the extra guys but were having limited success. So, rather than call security or do something confrontational, we just closed the bar tab and made sure the waitstaff knew they should be paid by anyone trying to place an order. I think the extra people did about $600-$700 worth of damage to our tab in that brief period of time. Again, we debated how to handle it, but not wanting a scene at the guy's bachelor party each of the seven of us threw in an extra $100 and wrote it off.

Also, I fell in my hotel room while blackout drunk and have a massive bruise across my right forearm. I'm lucky I didn't break my elbow.

Cool stories.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mj3528 » Today, 11:49

Frank the Tank wrote:My trip was ok. Wound up down but rallied on the last day to turn what would have been my worst Vegas trip ever into just a bad trip.

Not too much in the way of antics. Two stories are kind of worth telling, but set your expectations to "meh" before proceeding.

The one guy in our group who isn't married picked up a reasonably attractive girl. He's early 40's. She's probably mid-30's. She introduced herself as a former bachelor contestant, but when we couldn't find her on Google she changed her story to say she was in the final cut but was whittled out of the pool before the first episode is filmed. OK. Anyways he meets us for golf Friday morning talking about all the crazy sex they had. First they went to a strip club that is naked women on the ground floor and naked men upstairs and split time between the two as a couple. Then they went back to her room and fucked like wildfire. HOWEVAH, she joined us for drinks Sunday morning before lunch, and one of the less-delicate guys in my group (already drunk around 10:30am) says "<guy> says the sex was good but could've been better. I'm guessing it would've been better with someone other than him?" She turns white and says "what did you tell them?????" Turns out they didn't fuck and he had to walk it back. Apparently the strip club thing was true but then she just wanted to cuddle back at the room because she's not that kind of girl. Apparently she's all into feeling up above the clothes but nothing else. This guy has a good track record so getting caught in this lie was hilarious. The only way he ever stops hearing about it is to outlive all of us.

Second story: we had a pool cabana at Treasure Island on Saturday. Not as nice as other pools, but much more reasonably priced than other spots on the Strip. Also pretty good waitstaff. Anyhoo, seven of the nine of us were there. We all knew a younger guy through work who was in town with his friends for his bachelor party. We invited them over and bought some beers. They offered to pay their share, but we declined trying to do something nice for the yung'uns. All good. But then some hot girls come over and start playing beer pong with them (they'll rent you a beer pong table at this pool). Then other guys unrelated to the bachelor party come over trying to hit on the hot girls. Next thing you know we've gone from 7 people in the cabana to like 30-35 in a hurry. We started trying to chase away the extra guys but were having limited success. So, rather than call security or do something confrontational, we just closed the bar tab and made sure the waitstaff knew they should be paid by anyone trying to place an order. I think the extra people did about $600-$700 worth of damage to our tab in that brief period of time. Again, we debated how to handle it, but not wanting a scene at the guy's bachelor party each of the seven of us threw in an extra $100 and wrote it off.

Also, I fell in my hotel room while blackout drunk and have a massive bruise across my right forearm. I'm lucky I didn't break my elbow.

Cool stories.

Thank you. I think both of those stories were entertaining. The TI pool thing would have made me a little upset, but a $100 ok. Everyone spotted and took advantage of the MAWGs. The struggle is real.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » Today, 11:53

Those were, in fact, cool stories. Especially you falling, you drunk.

How'd she think the Bachelor story was going to end? Yeesh.

You guys handled the mooches well. I would've yelled at them to get off my lawn.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Prez » Today, 11:57

My fav part was the guy getting caught in a lie.
Sure.... you fucked like wildfire. Errr, I mean I felt her tits over her shirt #-o
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » Today, 12:05

I enjoyed both stories.

Dude that mooching story peeved me off. WTF is wrong with people. They know damn well drinks arent cheap. Its not a fucking house party.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Frank the Tank » Today, 12:17

Important side note about my fall, my room, like all the non-high-roller rooms at the Palazzo and Venetian, had three steps going down from the sleeping area to the living area. That was my downfall. I'm actually pretty lucky I didn't hit my head on something and bleed out. That would've been tough to spin in the obit. While I was lying on the ground, with the searing pain cutting through my drunken stupor, the only two words that went through my head were "peak Vegas".

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.