Taeks On Toast

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Taeks On Toast

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 Nov 2017, 08:17

chrisco wrote:Bacon was a very popular costume last night. #coolstorysco

With or without the Ace Award accessory?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 01 Nov 2017, 08:29

CourtesyFlush wrote:
chrisco wrote:Bacon was a very popular costume last night. #coolstorysco

With or without the Ace Award accessory?

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Nov 2017, 20:40

I would like to offer a slight addendum to my earlier taek on toast.

Rodney Farva wrote:have to differentiate between the rye breads.

jewish rye (seeded or unseeded) is the absolute finest toasting bread ever created and a fine argument for the existence of god. i call it 'jewish rye' because growing up we would get grossinger's rye with carraway seeds, which i think was known as 'jewish rye' but maybe there is another way to describe it. toast it, spread some butter on it, then a slice of muenster cheese, man oh manischewitz that's delicious.

with all apologies to the good people at schnitzer's, marble rye is closer to pumpernickel. neither makes for a nice toast. toasting pumpernickel or marble rye just makes it taste a bit stale. both are good untoasted for sammiches, however.

a poached egg on toast is delicious.

a slice of melted cheese on a piece of toast is not the same as a grilled cheese because you don't get the melted butter permeating the grilled side which ends up with a better crunch and oh so slight carmelization.

i haven't seen it elsewhere but here you often see a snack or appetizer called chili cheese toast. as you would guess from its name, you get melted cheese with a little bit of sliced chilis on a slice of toasted bread. it is very nice.

all just my $0.02 for your ignoring pleasure.

I wanted to make Muenster on toasted and buttered seeded Jewish rye tonight, but we were out of Muenster so provokone slices came off the bench. damned good, that nice little provolone bite added a nice twist to the proceedings. better than the Muenster? may well be. further research is warranted.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Nov 2017, 05:13

Sounds very nice. Please keep us posted.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Nov 2017, 09:52

Rodney Farva wrote:I would like to offer a slight addendum to my earlier taek on toast.

jewish rye (seeded or unseeded) is the absolute finest toasting bread ever created and a fine argument for the existence of god. i call it 'jewish rye' because growing up we would get grossinger's rye with carraway seeds, which i think was known as 'jewish rye' but maybe there is another way to describe it. toast it, spread some butter on it, then a slice of muenster cheese, man oh manischewitz that's delicious.

with all apologies to the good people at schnitzer's, marble rye is closer to pumpernickel. neither makes for a nice toast. toasting pumpernickel or marble rye just makes it taste a bit stale. both are good untoasted for sammiches, however.

a slice of melted cheese on a piece of toast is not the same as a grilled cheese because you don't get the melted butter permeating the grilled side which ends up with a better crunch and oh so slight carmelization.

i haven't seen it elsewhere but here you often see a snack or appetizer called chili cheese toast. as you would guess from its name, you get melted cheese with a little bit of sliced chilis on a slice of toasted bread. it is very nice.

I wanted to make Muenster on toasted and buttered seeded Jewish rye tonight, but we were out of Muenster so provokone slices came off the bench. damned good, that nice little provolone bite added a nice twist to the proceedings. better than the Muenster? may well be. further research is warranted.

I never see "Jewish" Rye anymore, growing up Jewish Rye meant it wasn't as good as regular rye bread. All the local places carry Rye it's just not called Jewish Rye.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby babylurch » 02 Nov 2017, 10:34

TVF wannabe wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:I would like to offer a slight addendum to my earlier taek on toast.

I never see "Jewish" Rye anymore, growing up Jewish Rye meant it wasn't as good as regular rye bread. All the local places carry Rye it's just not called Jewish Rye.

Hmm, I understood that Jewish Rye was better than goyische rye bread...
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby ctz31 » 02 Nov 2017, 10:39

babylurch wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

More like jewish why.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TVF wannabe » 02 Nov 2017, 10:47

babylurch wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:

The local places are jewish and just call it Rye, the bread labelled Jewish Rye -which I never see anymore- wasn't as good.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Nov 2017, 14:15

i'm talking a pre-wrapped loaf from arnold's or wherever on a supermarket shelf, not taking a trip to schnitzer's.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Goose » 02 Nov 2017, 14:49

In China they just call it food.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Feb 2018, 12:41

Happy Valentines Day to meeee

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Previous

Return to Misc.