Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Postby Dthefritz » 30 May 2017, 17:34

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:With Noriega dying, is Panama the most random country we've invaded in our lifetime? I guess Grenada was probably a bit more odd but I don't really remember that at all.

Grenada is the obvious choice, given that we sent half of the army to rescue some med school dropouts. Somalia though? Most of the country couldn't find it on a map at the time, still not sure why we invaded. Panama at least has a certain degree of geopolitical importance, controlling the Pacific-to-Atlantic shipping artery.

Panama has geopolitical importance because of shipping lanes, but Somalia is a completely random country. And how does Vicelord of the Admiralty Cheese imagine that crude oil from the Persian Gulf, not to mention goods produced in Asia, arrive in Europe? Why is it that there are pirates in Somalia? Could it be that somebody had the bright idea of building a canal in Egypt so that ships wouldn't have to sail all the way around Africa to reach the Mediterranean from the Arabian Sea or the Indian Ocean? And that to reach this canal, might there be a relatively narrow pass between Somalia and yet another random country the US always seems to be involved in?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 May 2017, 19:02

Jesus Christ, the cheese,'THINK man!

You're embarrassing yourself. And your country.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 31 May 2017, 08:22

Dthefritz wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:With Noriega dying, is Panama the most random country we've invaded in our lifetime? I guess Grenada was probably a bit more odd but I don't really remember that at all.

Grenada is the obvious choice, given that we sent half of the army to rescue some med school dropouts. Somalia though? Most of the country couldn't find it on a map at the time, still not sure why we invaded. Panama at least has a certain degree of geopolitical importance, controlling the Pacific-to-Atlantic shipping artery.

Panama has geopolitical importance because of shipping lanes, but Somalia is a completely random country. And how does Vicelord of the Admiralty Cheese imagine that crude oil from the Persian Gulf, not to mention goods produced in Asia, arrive in Europe? Why is it that there are pirates in Somalia? Could it be that somebody had the bright idea of building a canal in Egypt so that ships wouldn't have to sail all the way around Africa to reach the Mediterranean from the Arabian Sea or the Indian Ocean? And that to reach this canal, might there be a relatively narrow pass between Somalia and yet another random country the US always seems to be involved in?

Thank you, I am aware of the existence of the Suez Canal.

That being said, UNSOM 1 and 2 were expressly humanitarian missions. Some cursory googling indicates no major anti-piracy operations at the time.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dthefritz » 31 May 2017, 19:46

This is Reza Shah Pahlavi. He started as a poor soldier and worked himself up to become the king of Iran. Still think that feudalism doesn't work?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 17 Jun 2017, 17:03

Is it too late to change my rank to "infantile bourgeois leftist stooge?"
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Aug 2017, 20:10

Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 01 Aug 2017, 20:35

Sorry for the lost of McCain's sinus cavity, eye sockets, and anything else resembling a face.

Then again he got his. Served up cold. Hopefully there was a nice chianti to go with those farva beans. /an expressive Kite
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 10 Sep 2017, 19:41

This trend towards pre-slicing blocks of cheese is making us weak and will cost us the upcoming war vs. North Korea.

Xpost to the Ultimate Battle for Dignity
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 11 Sep 2017, 07:26

I don't mind the pre-sliced cheese for a tailgate or something. It's an easy thing to just toss in the cooler and not have to worry about bringing a knife or anything. But I almost never buy it and ultimately I think your point is valid.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby bosux » 11 Sep 2017, 08:49

TheWolf wrote:I don't mind the pre-sliced cheese for a tailgate or something. It's an easy thing to just toss in the cooler and not have to worry about bringing a knife or anything. But I almost never buy it and ultimately I think your point is valid.

unless you are putting that cheese on a burger you are an infantile bourgeois leftist stooge
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 11 Sep 2017, 08:57

Do we have problems with deli trays?

Or is this solely pre-sliced cheese blocks?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby bosux » 11 Sep 2017, 09:01

the cheese wrote:Do we have problems with deli trays?

if you bring your own deli slicer to the tailgate you are the man
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TheWolf » 11 Sep 2017, 09:05

bosux wrote:

Like one of these? Has anyone ever done that?

"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby bosux » 11 Sep 2017, 09:10

TheWolf wrote:
bosux wrote:

Like one of these? Has anyone ever done that?

this guy

bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Sep 2017, 09:17

i was proud to get through a summer working at a supermarket deli counter without slicing a finger open. always a pleasure to have some old betty come in and ask me for half a pound of my hard salami.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.