Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2017, 12:28

MisterTambourineMan wrote:After paying off all debts I would invest 75% in stable mutual funds that over 20 years should triple in value while establishing a trust that wouldn't allow any potential future heirs to squander it, at least right away, then using most of the remainders to purchase real estate in developing communities that should only appreciate in time while leaving myself with enough liquid assets to live comfortably and maintain my current job.

That's an implied 5.65% annual return. Fairly reasonable IMO. Much more reasonable than pension funds assuming 7% every year. However remember that in 20 years inflation will eat away at that. If you assume 2% annual inflation (probably fair over 20 years even if a little high now) then a dollar will only be worth 2/3rds as much in 2037 than it is today. So you have 3x as much money but only 2x as much buying power. The moral of the story is that if you want to both manage money over your remaining life and make sure money-grubbing heirs don't get their filthy hands on it, you have to go the Leaving Las Vegas route and do a lot of hookers, booze, and blow to manage your bankroll and lifespan simultaneously.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Feb 2017, 12:32

Frank the Tank wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:After paying off all debts I would invest 75% in stable mutual funds that over 20 years should triple in value while establishing a trust that wouldn't allow any potential future heirs to squander it, at least right away, then using most of the remainders to purchase real estate in developing communities that should only appreciate in time while leaving myself with enough liquid assets to live comfortably and maintain my current job.

That's an implied 5.65% annual return. Fairly reasonable IMO. Much more reasonable than pension funds assuming 7% every year. However remember that in 20 years inflation will eat away at that.

Fuck, Inflation! The most insidious tax of them all....

you have to go the Leaving Las Vegas route and do a lot of hookers, booze, and blow to manage your bankroll and lifespan simultaneously

I knew I was doing it right.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2017, 12:35

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

That's an implied 5.65% annual return. Fairly reasonable IMO. Much more reasonable than pension funds assuming 7% every year. However remember that in 20 years inflation will eat away at that.

Fuck, Inflation! The most insidious tax of them all....

you have to go the Leaving Las Vegas route and do a lot of hookers, booze, and blow to manage your bankroll and lifespan simultaneously

I knew I was doing it right.

The next MinneapolisCon is going to be epic, even though Dong set a high bar for shenanigans last year.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2017, 12:52

you know who loved hookers, booze, and blow? and hockey?

joe stalin. that's who.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mister bacon » 14 Feb 2017, 12:55

Rodney Farva wrote:you know who loved hookers, booze, and blow? and hockey?

joe stalin. that's who.

tfw you love hookers, booze, blow, and hockey.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BigJohnStudd » 14 Feb 2017, 14:14

Rodney Farva wrote:gregs, if you won the lottery and were really rich, would you hire a housekeeper?

He's already got a wife. After she left him and took all his money, she'd keep the house too.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Mar 2017, 20:44

Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 14 Mar 2017, 20:50

Stalin did a lot of things, but he didn't double post.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JichaelDick » 14 Mar 2017, 20:51

The dog seems to be more libertarian to me.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Mar 2017, 20:56

'Sco: He was never confounded by diabolical capitalist HTML.

JichaelDick wrote:The dog seems to be more libertarian to me.

Libertarians go on and on about how they're "the real liberals". In any event, they are both politics that represent the commercial interests in one way or another.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 06 Apr 2017, 09:08

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 29 May 2017, 21:06

chrisco wrote:I'm ready to co-op this thread into a review of Marky Mark films. I clicked you link and saw that Patriot Day had 4.5 stahs on Amazon. That seemed like a lot. I then saw that Deepwatah Horizon also had 4.5 stahs. I actually seen that movie and it was a piece of shit.

In closing, I liked your Stalin thread bettah.

Why thank you! I realize it has gone dormant.

Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 30 May 2017, 09:11

With Noriega dying, is Panama the most random country we've invaded in our lifetime? I guess Grenada was probably a bit more odd but I don't really remember that at all.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 30 May 2017, 09:18

Briandong79 wrote:With Noriega dying, is Panama the most random country we've invaded in our lifetime? I guess Grenada was probably a bit more odd but I don't really remember that at all.

Grenada is the obvious choice, given that we sent half of the army to rescue some med school dropouts. Somalia though? Most of the country couldn't find it on a map at the time, still not sure why we invaded. Panama at least has a certain degree of geopolitical importance, controlling the Pacific-to-Atlantic shipping artery.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 30 May 2017, 09:22

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:With Noriega dying, is Panama the most random country we've invaded in our lifetime? I guess Grenada was probably a bit more odd but I don't really remember that at all.

Grenada is the obvious choice, given that we sent half of the army to rescue some med school dropouts. Somalia though? Most of the country couldn't find it on a map at the time, still not sure why we invaded. Panama at least has a certain degree of geopolitical importance, controlling the Pacific-to-Atlantic shipping artery.

Agree with Cheese on Grenada as the correct choice. Somalia was one of the big first failed states. I think other countries were there first, and it felt like we should do something. We weren't really invested doe. A few U.S. Soldiers die and we were out.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.