Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Feb 2017, 10:27

gregs, if you won the lottery and were really rich, would you hire a housekeeper?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Feb 2017, 10:32

Rodney Farva wrote:gregs, if you won the lottery and were really rich, would you hire a housekeeper?

Not only that, but I would hire someone to wipe my bottom when I make number two as they transcribe all my wild old lady rantings about that evil Orange Man on a messagebaord.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 14 Feb 2017, 10:56

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Taking an offshoot of the lottery conversation: Am I crazy that I don't think I'd move if I won the lottery? Probably so, but I feel like after the initial shitshow (that you could avoid by traveling) it wouldn't be that bad.

I think I agree. I mean, I'd definitely move to a new house because I want to do that anyway. But I don't think I'd feel the need to relocate to another state or country.

I would move to a nicer house in Park City, and buy one on the water somewhere, maybe near Yokel land.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2017, 11:04

mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Taking an offshoot of the lottery conversation: Am I crazy that I don't think I'd move if I won the lottery? Probably so, but I feel like after the initial shitshow (that you could avoid by traveling) it wouldn't be that bad.

I think I agree. I mean, I'd definitely move to a new house because I want to do that anyway. But I don't think I'd feel the need to relocate to another state or country.

I would move to a nicer house in Park City, and buy one on the water somewhere, maybe near Yokel land.

I need someone to #SPREADSHEET this out...at what point does it make more sense to own a vacation house vs. renting one? It feels like a quarter of all the rental houses in Hawaii are for sale any time I am out there. People must buy those things for mega bucks, then only spend 4 weeks of the year there and realize they should have stuck to renting.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2017, 11:09

chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I need someone to #SPREADSHEET this out...at what point does it make more sense to own a vacation house vs. renting one? It feels like a quarter of all the rental houses in Hawaii are for sale any time I am out there. People must buy those things for mega bucks, then only spend 4 weeks of the year there and realize they should have stuck to renting.

I think the thing that fucks people over in the spreadsheeting is that they assume a higher occupancy rate than they actually get. You figure if you can rent it out the other 11 months that finances your 1 month in the house. And that's true... if you actually rent it out that much. But when you're full only 30% of the rest of the year it's a major fucking money pit.

This is a mistake Stalin never would have made.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Feb 2017, 11:10

Frank the Tank wrote:
I think the thing that fucks people over in the spreadsheeting is that they assume a higher occupancy rate than they actually get. You figure if you can rent it out the other 11 months that finances your 1 month in the house. And that's true... if you actually rent it out that much. But when you're full only 30% of the rest of the year it's a major fucking money pit.

POWERFUL FILM.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Feb 2017, 11:19

Great sound design.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2017, 11:23

Frank the Tank wrote:
chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Thank you.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Feb 2017, 11:59

Yeah, I think I'd just rent or stay in hotels with that kind of eff you money. I'd be tempted to get an apartment/condo in downtown Iowa City though for convenience for basketball/football.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 14 Feb 2017, 12:03

Briandong79 wrote:Yeah, I think I'd just rent or stay in hotels with that kind of eff you money. I'd be tempted to get an apartment/condo in downtown Iowa City though for convenience for basketball/football.

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 14 Feb 2017, 12:04

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Yeah, I think I'd just rent or stay in hotels with that kind of eff you money. I'd be tempted to get an apartment/condo in downtown Iowa City though for convenience for basketball/football.

does the appreciation of real property in these locations factor into the equation? I think it should.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Feb 2017, 12:06

mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:

does the appreciation of real property in these locations factor into the equation? I think it should.

I think the general thought process here is "fuck wealth creation, just keep the mouth-breathing gold diggers away from me". But thought processes like that don't get you the kind of fuck you money that let's you buy a hockey team and bring back the Hartford Whalers.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 14 Feb 2017, 12:12

Frank the Tank wrote:
chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

My buddy Jimbo's in-laws have a place like this. They rented it out for six months and got annoyed at having to replace furnishings and decorations that got trashed by drunken house guests. People seemed to factor the deposit into the cost of the week long rental and not worry about the damage. After a minute they said fuck it and stopped renting it. When you buy the place for cash I guess you don't worry about things like that.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Feb 2017, 12:17

You know what I would do if I won the lottery???

After paying off all debts I would invest 75% in stable mutual funds that over 20 years should triple in value while establishing a trust that wouldn't allow any potential future heirs to squander it, at least right away, then using most of the remainders to purchase real estate in developing communities that should only appreciate in time while leaving myself with enough liquid assets to live comfortably and maintain my current job.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 14 Feb 2017, 12:21

Frank the Tank wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:

I think the general thought process here is "fuck wealth creation, just keep the mouth-breathing gold diggers away from me". But thought processes like that don't get you the kind of fuck you money that let's you buy a hockey team and bring back the Hartford Whalers.

series idea:

arrogant black wall street lawyer BSD gets fired from his job for sum bullshit. the one client he manages to pull out for his fledgling start up is an eccentric tech billionaire. if he wins The Big Patent Case, he gets a piece of the Patent, which will make him a billionaire, ON THE CONDITION THAT the lawyer must buy buy a hockey team and move it back to hartford within 12 months.

starring Idris Elba, Morris Chesnut, Shai Lebouf and Debby Ryan

Remember the Whale on Starz this Fall!
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.