Save Us, Hollywood! Celebrities + Politics

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Save Us, Hollywood! Celebrities + Politics

Postby bosux » 21 Nov 2017, 10:19

charlie rose is a gentleman.

al franken is a deviant. everyone knows this.
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Nov 2017, 10:21

bosux wrote:charlie rose is a gentleman.

When the Charlie Rose news hit I wanted to believe it was James Lipton who did all these deviant things. Which is funnier when you think about it.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 10:22

CourtesyFlush wrote:

When the Charlie Rose news hit I wanted to believe it was James Lipton who did all these deviant things. Which is funnier when you think about it.

Lucille gave him chlamydia.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 21 Nov 2017, 10:59

CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
mister bacon wrote:interesting. ball/jeckyll your thoughts?

Not Bald or Jeck, but I'm not shocked. Weren't many big names on there, doe. Tina Fey was rather conspicuous by her absence.

What women were included here? If Fey, Poehler, and some of the other big names didn't sign on to this then it's irrelevant. Melanie Hutsell and Ellen Cleghorne signed on to this? Well then now we're talking...:roll:

Looks like the biggest names were Jane Curtin and Laraine Newman.

:lol: and they were relevant 30 years ago

when did Franken leave the show?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Nov 2017, 11:01

personally i think it's weird for anyone to vouch for him (or Moore) unless they were there. like, Ellen Cleighorn was on the transport plane to Kuwait? No? Ok maybe stay out of it. Alabama governor at the mall in Gadsden? No? STFU.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 21 Nov 2017, 11:12

CourtesyFlush wrote:

I'm wondering how the Bloomberg channel is going to fill that hour between the US market wrap up and the opening bell in Asia. Charlie's interview show was the awkward glue linking capitalism's global scoreboard.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 21 Nov 2017, 12:49

mister bacon wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

Not Bald or Jeck, but I'm not shocked. Weren't many big names on there, doe. Tina Fey was rather conspicuous by her absence.

What women were included here? If Fey, Poehler, and some of the other big names didn't sign on to this then it's irrelevant. Melanie Hutsell and Ellen Cleghorne signed on to this? Well then now we're talking...:roll:

ding ding ding

I'M NOT DEFENDING WHAT HE DID. i'm just pointing out that it's wrong to see something fishy if women who worked on the show after he left didn't sign on to that note.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Nov 2017, 12:55

You guys are right. Totally cool for other women to come to this guy's defense. :^o
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2017, 12:59

CourtesyFlush wrote:You guys are right. Totally cool for other women to come to this guy's defense. :^o

SNL people and alums rarely get back to the show, so there's no way the newer woman would ever meet Franken, irregardless. Either way, he's prolly contrite and stuff and OH LOOK TURMPS GOLFING AGAIN.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 21 Nov 2017, 13:30

Rodney Farva wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

ding ding ding

I'M NOT DEFENDING WHAT HE DID. i'm just pointing out that it's wrong to see something fishy if women who worked on the show after he left didn't sign on to that note.

Would these women have specific knowledge of things he is accused of doing in the last ten years, though?
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Nov 2017, 14:37

Frankly, I'm enjoying watching SOME liberals on Twitter going all Roy Moore supporter and calling the accusers liars and opportunists. It's pretty dammed funny.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 14:42

JichaelDick wrote:Frankly, I'm enjoying watching SOME liberals on Twitter going all Roy Moore supporter and calling the accusers liars and opportunists. It's pretty dammed funny.

Eh....Agree to a point but there are degrees here.

Franken did a stupid thing by putting his hands on a vest and forcing a kiss during an acting rehearsal. If he wants to be the bigger man, he should resign. (and then get ready for senator Keith Ellison)

Moore is running for senator, was banned from an Alabama shopping mall in the early 90s, signed high school yearbooks when he was 30something, and thinks it's okay to ask out teenagers as long as you asked their mother's permission.

Defending either isn't a good look. Defending one is much worse than the other, however.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Theny » 21 Nov 2017, 14:42

JichaelDick wrote:Frankly, I'm enjoying watching SOME liberals on Twitter going all Roy Moore supporter and calling the accusers liars and opportunists. It's pretty dammed funny.

Learned from the best, Hilldawg.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 21 Nov 2017, 14:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:

Franken did a stupid thing by putting his hands on a vest and forcing a kiss during an acting rehearsal. If he wants to be the bigger man, he should resign. (and then get ready for senator Keith Ellison)

Moore is running for senator, was banned from an Alabama shopping mall in the early 90s, signed high school yearbooks when he was 30something, and thinks it's okay to ask out teenagers as long as you asked their mother's permission.

Defending either isn't a good look. Defending one is much worse than the other, however.

I'm on record as saying that Franken is nowhere near as bad as Moore. I just find it hilarious to see some of the group that says "believe women" decided that when it's a guy on THEIR team getting accused, they go scorched earth.

I'm already disgusted that Moore is going to win, and the number of folks who are outright saying they'll vote for him even if he did do it while purporting to be all about "wholesome Christian family values" makes me want to vomit. This state needs an enema.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Nov 2017, 14:53

JichaelDick wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:

I'm on record as saying that Franken is nowhere near as bad as Moore. I just find it hilarious to see some of the group that says "believe women" decided that when it's a guy on THEIR team getting accused, they go scorched earth.

I'm already disgusted that Moore is going to win, and the number of folks who are outright saying they'll vote for him even if he did do it while purporting to be all about "wholesome Christian family values" makes me want to vomit. This state needs an enema.

Yeah, agreed with that.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.