#MAGA YOU IDIOTS - Hosted by Rod Farva

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: #MAGA YOU IDIOTS - Hosted by Rod Farva

Postby bosux » 31 Jan 2018, 10:14

Rodney Farva wrote:My son had to watch the SotU and response for school so I ended up seeing it.

Obvi can’t read too much into these speeches, but two things he said stuck out to me.

Giving heads of agencies and departments the ability to fire staff who “undermine the public trust or fail the American people “ sounds authoritarian AF.

And deciding immigration based on education and “merit” is all kinds of wrong, classist, and unamerican.

1. can't agy/dept heads fire employees already? isn't that what dept heads do? hire and fire people?? not gonna lie, that one, and the outrage around it confuses me...

2. education, yeah...but if 'merit' means you can't be a criminal, then i agree on that one

also like to point out that we're being lectured on what's classist by a guy who has/had a cook, a housecleaner, and a driver...always fun :mrgreen:
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2018, 10:22

bosux wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:My son had to watch the SotU and response for school so I ended up seeing it.

Obvi can’t read too much into these speeches, but two things he said stuck out to me.

Giving heads of agencies and departments the ability to fire staff who “undermine the public trust or fail the American people “ sounds authoritarian AF.

And deciding immigration based on education and “merit” is all kinds of wrong, classist, and unamerican.

1. can't agy/dept heads fire employees already? isn't that what dept heads do? hire and fire people?? not gonna lie, that one, and the outrage around it confuses me...

2. education, yeah...but if 'merit' means you can't be a criminal, then i agree on that one

also like to point out that we're being lectured on what's classist by a guy who has/had a cook, a housecleaner, and a driver...always fun :mrgreen:

1. I think federal employees have protections against being fired without cause unless part of a wider furlough or downsizing.

2. I don’t think anyone wants criminals in

On the last one, blow me
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JT99 » 31 Jan 2018, 10:25

Rodney Farva wrote:
bosux wrote:

1. I think federal employees have protections against being fired without cause unless part of a wider furlough or downsizing.

On the last one, blow me

Yeah, part of what makes the government so incredibly awesome at anything that they do is that their employees have almost no fear of being fired.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 31 Jan 2018, 10:27

JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
bosux wrote:

On the last one, blow me

Yeah, part of what makes the government so incredibly awesome at anything that they do is that their employees have almost no fear of being fired.

You shouldn't be able to be fired from a regular assed civil service job by a political appointee because of who you vote for.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 31 Jan 2018, 10:31

the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
bosux wrote:

On the last one, blow me

You shouldn't be able to be fired from a regular assed civil service job by a political appointee because of who you vote for.

so true
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby bosux » 31 Jan 2018, 10:35

Rodney Farva wrote:
bosux wrote:

On the last one, blow me

hard pass...call your husband for that one

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 13:28

Head of the CDC just resigned:

“You don’t buy tobacco stocks when you are the head of the CDC. It’s ridiculous; it gives a terrible appearance,” said Richard Painter, who served as George W. Bush’s chief ethics lawyer from 2005 to 2007. He described the move as “tone deaf,” given the CDC’s role in leading anti-smoking efforts.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ent-316245

Hopefully Newt Gingrich has another qualified candidate to offer up.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2018, 13:30

chrisco wrote:Head of the CDC just resigned:

“You don’t buy tobacco stocks when you are the head of the CDC. It’s ridiculous; it gives a terrible appearance,” said Richard Painter, who served as George W. Bush’s chief ethics lawyer from 2005 to 2007. He described the move as “tone deaf,” given the CDC’s role in leading anti-smoking efforts.

Aren't most tobacco companies diversified now, such that cigarettes are a small part of their business? I don't really see the outrage here, but maybe I am being obtuse.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2018, 13:35

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:Head of the CDC just resigned:

Aren't most tobacco companies diversified now, such that cigarettes are a small part of their business? I don't really see the outrage here, but maybe I am being obtuse.

I don't think Japan Tobacco is all that diversified: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Tobacco

She was told to divest per ethics rules and instead bought more tobacco stocks.

Maybe you want more of our officials to have to recuse themselves for conflicts, but I don't.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dunking Donut » 31 Jan 2018, 20:56

I think we actually should base more immigration on merit. Given how the nature of the economy has changed, it makes sense to want to recruit more talent around engineering, medicine, etc, than some average Joe off the street somewhere.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 01 Feb 2018, 08:38

Even Mika Brezinski has had enough of this Wolff character.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26624/wa ... en-shapiro
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Feb 2018, 09:16

Dunking Donut wrote:I think we actually should base more immigration on merit. Given how the nature of the economy has changed, it makes sense to want to recruit more talent around engineering, medicine, etc, than some average Joe off the street somewhere.

And to think blue eyed Norwegian neurosurgeons could be picking all are fruit. Thanks osama!
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Feb 2018, 11:17

Theny wrote:Even Mika Brezinski has had enough of this Wolff character.

And people wondered why Nikki Haley would be annoyed that folks read from his book during the Grammys.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Theny » 01 Feb 2018, 11:27

JichaelDick wrote:
Theny wrote:Even Mika Brezinski has had enough of this Wolff character.

And people wondered why Nikki Haley would be annoyed that folks read from his book during the Grammys.

Wolff's twitter spree right after he got kicked off the set was hilarious.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby BigJohnStudd » 01 Feb 2018, 12:56

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.