MQM Goonery - the travel advice thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: MQM Goonery - the travel advice thread

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 06 Oct 2017, 09:51

flights to europe are really cheap now, like not that much more than a flight to california. i haven't gone there in years and was really surprised how inexpensive it is. i don't remember how much i paid last time but i think it was alot more. just an fyi.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Oct 2017, 10:24

Dr Jeckyll wrote:flights to europe are really cheap now, like not that much more than a flight to california. i haven't gone there in years and was really surprised how inexpensive it is. i don't remember how much i paid last time but i think it was alot more. just an fyi.

HOW ABOUT SHARING YOUR OPINION YOU PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE FART HEAD! /farva
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 06 Oct 2017, 10:35

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:flights to europe are really cheap now, like not that much more than a flight to california. i haven't gone there in years and was really surprised how inexpensive it is. i don't remember how much i paid last time but i think it was alot more. just an fyi.

ha, my former coworker moved to switzerland so i can stay there for free, her family has a guest room. i don't want to take advantage too much, and i don't want to overstay my welcome so just going to stay there a few days and then go elsewhere. where, i don't know yet. i'm excited actually!
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Oct 2017, 10:37

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

ha, my former coworker moved to switzerland so i can stay there for free, her family has a guest room. i don't want to take advantage too much, and i don't want to overstay my welcome so just going to stay there a few days and then go elsewhere. where, i don't know yet. i'm excited actually!

You should get a hold of Clayton and see if theres any way he can possibly get any time off (LOL) from his job and show you around!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 06 Oct 2017, 10:52

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You should get a hold of Clayton and see if theres any way he can possibly get any time off (LOL) from his job and show you around!

I bet you know how to get a hold of him. At his work. At midnoght. /MTM
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 06 Oct 2017, 13:03

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

I bet you know how to get a hold of him. At his work. At midnoght. /MTM

Is midnoght actually 1am? Because blacks are always late. Eh i'll hit submit. What the hell.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby chrisco » 12 Oct 2017, 12:51

In news that might only barely interest #s, Frank, and possibly Rod Farva, I've believe that I've figured out how to get to platinum status without needing to manufacture a useless trip in December. I'm short $1900 in spend and 9500 miles.

Flying to STL on business for an overnight in a couple weeks. That flight is a lot more expensive than expected and it was only $100 more to upgrade to first, so that's $700 of MQD and 2650 MQMs.

I'm heading up to Boston next weekend with the fam (driving up), my uncle is in town so I'm thinking of spending an extra day to go golfing while the rest of the fam drives back. If I fly back then thats $125-150 of MQD and 225 of MQM.

My final work trip of the year is heading to Ponzi HQ in December for the company christmas party and to show my face since I haven't been out since March. LGA to SNA on first would be 7800 MQMs and $1100 MQD.

The best news is that every trip I've taken this year has been on the company's dime. Only the Boston one would be out of pocket.

#retirement #spreadsheet #ponzilife
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Nov 2017, 09:07

chrisco wrote:4. Dog restrooms have replaced the family bathroom. I can't with you dog owners.

Dogs in the main cabin are out of control. A friend of mine who occasionally hosts a poker game Wolf and I attend was scheduled to take his first business trip to Australia this week. He’s supposed to fly United BOS-LAX then Qantas to Brisbane. While he’s waiting for takeoff in Boston a “service animal” had massive diarrhea all over the place. Cleaning crew determines they can’t just spot-clean it and they de-board the plane and bring in a new one. Despite promises from United that their valued Star Alliance partner Qantas will hold the plane in LAX given the number of people on that flight making that connection they didn’t hold it. He was going to miss the main meeting since he couldn’t get there for another 24 hours so he wound up missing a bunch of standby flights home and wound up back where he started in Boston 36 hours later. All because a fucking dog shit on the plane.

If you’re blind, of course bring your well-trained service dog. If you’re one of those people who slaps a “service animal” vest on your dog just cause you want them to ride with you, then you should be financially responsible for the delays and missed connections you cause other people. Sorry not sorry.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 08 Nov 2017, 09:12

Frank the Tank wrote:
chrisco wrote:4. Dog restrooms have replaced the family bathroom. I can't with you dog owners.

Dogs in the main cabin are out of control. A friend of mine who occasionally hosts a poker game Wolf and I attend was scheduled to take his first business trip to Australia this week. He’s supposed to fly United BOS-LAX then Qantas to Brisbane. While he’s waiting for takeoff in Boston a “service animal” had massive diarrhea all over the place. Cleaning crew determines they can’t just spot-clean it and they de-board the plane and bring in a new one. Despite promises from United that their valued Star Alliance partner Qantas will hold the plane in LAX given the number of people on that flight making that connection they didn’t hold it. He was going to miss the main meeting since he couldn’t get there for another 24 hours so he wound up missing a bunch of standby flights home and wound up back where he started in Boston 36 hours later. All because a fucking dog shit on the plane.

If you’re blind, of course bring your well-trained service dog. If you’re one of those people who slaps a “service animal” vest on your dog just cause you want them to ride with you, then you should be financially responsible for the delays and missed connections you cause other people. Sorry not sorry.

Hallelujah and Praise Tivo for this post. Dogs on planes are out of control. And they're typically not 'service animals'--they're technically classified as 'emotional support animals' in most cases. A service dog is always there for a medical reason--seizures, autism, disability, etc. Emotional support animals only need to pass a certain battery of tests to get that qualification.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 08 Nov 2017, 09:50

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Hallelujah and Praise Tivo for this post. Dogs on planes are out of control. And they're typically not 'service animals'--they're technically classified as 'emotional support animals' in most cases. A service dog is always there for a medical reason--seizures, autism, disability, etc. Emotional support animals only need to pass a certain battery of tests to get that qualification.

that is one of the things that irked me about crazy girl. She took here 3 legged Italian Greyhound on the plane as a service animal. Tough to respect her for that.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 08 Nov 2017, 10:06

Who do we blame for this completely unacceptable development in society? 79? Obama? Simmons? Trump? The blacks? LOL, certainly not the blacks.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Nov 2017, 10:06

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

that is one of the things that irked me about crazy girl. She took here 3 legged Italian Greyhound on the plane as a service animal. Tough to respect her for that.

Tell her that's why she's not going to Whistler
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 08 Nov 2017, 10:09

mj3528 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

There's a couple other reasons she's tough to respect, too. #onatee

The service animal thing is out of control, that's definitely a genie to put back in the bottle.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Nov 2017, 10:17

I could’ve sworn I posted about this when it happened but apparently not.

Last year when I was flying back home from paying some people to jump BD79 in the twin cities, someone brought an emotional support pig onto my flight. I was scared to death I’d sit next to it, but thankfully I didn’t. The owner was quite proud of this pig. Lots of people went up to the pig, asked questions about it, took a picture, then went out of the owner’s hearing radius to bitch about it. I was one of those people.

03F7E077-66B4-4F77-8844-B3572C2DED93.jpeg

Fucking people are the worst.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 08 Nov 2017, 10:20

Frank the Tank wrote:I could’ve sworn I posted about this when it happened but apparently not.

Last year when I was flying back home from paying some people to jump BD79 in the twin cities, someone brought an emotional support pig onto my flight. I was scared to death I’d sit next to it, but thankfully I didn’t. The owner was quite proud of this pig. Lots of people went up to the pig, asked questions about it, took a picture, then went out of the owner’s hearing radius to bitch about it. I was one of those people.

03F7E077-66B4-4F77-8844-B3572C2DED93.jpeg

Fucking people are the worst.

I thought you posted about that too. I've certainly read or heard the story before. But anyway, yes, people fucking suck.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.