MQM Goonery - the travel advice thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: MQM Goonery - the travel advice thread

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 May 2017, 16:36

They waived the normal change fee and just charged me the difference in fares. Called the funeral home to verify, that just took a minute or two. Wasn't a big hassle...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 May 2017, 21:34

glad it worked out
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 May 2017, 15:07

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 15:11

Frank the Tank wrote:Flying across the Atlantic Ocean anytime soon? Load up your iPhone with videos because the laptop is probably going to have to be checked.

well i really want to see one of these laptop bombs now.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 15:18

SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Flying across the Atlantic Ocean anytime soon? Load up your iPhone with videos because the laptop is probably going to have to be checked.

well i really want to see one of these laptop bombs now.

Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Re: Bitches. Hosted by PhillyJim & TheWolf

Postby chrisco » 15 May 2017, 09:10

I think condo/rentals are a much better deal than hotels, but a lot of people like paying a 50% markup for maid service, pools, hotel bars, USA Today outside their door, valet parking, etc...

To each their own. I don't think this is a leasing/buying debate where there can only be ONE right answer, but its definitely a two types of people in this world thing.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 15 May 2017, 09:13

chrisco wrote:I think condo/rentals are a much better deal than hotels, but a lot of people like paying a 50% markup for maid service, pools, hotel bars, USA Today outside their door, valet parking, etc...

To each their own. I don't think this is a leasing/buying debate where there can only be ONE right answer, but its definitely a two types of people in this world thing.

There can only be one right answer to the leasing/buying debate?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 15 May 2017, 09:14

chrisco wrote:I think condo/rentals are a much better deal than hotels, but a lot of people like paying a 50% markup for maid service, pools, hotel bars, USA Today outside their door, valet parking, etc...

Especially when there are multiple people the VBRO and Air BnB are the way to go.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JichaelDick » 15 May 2017, 09:15

While I try not to be a total slob and destructive, I'd feel more comfortable at a hotel than dealing with someone else's stuff. If I'm thirsty at the hotel, I can grab a water or something from a vending machine. I don't feel right grabbing one out of dude's fridge or using an ice machine for it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 15 May 2017, 09:22

I'm not a VRBO/AirBNB person when I'm in a city like Atlanta, but I understand the appeal. However, given the fact that it's tits and yokel and lil' handsome I figured that a pool would be required because a.) Yokel doesn't spend every other morning in the gym to not break out the beach bod at the earliest possible time and b.) you gotta have something for the kid to do that doesn't involve going anywhere.

But bringing the dog, I get it. I mean, I don't get bringing the dog. But I get it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 15 May 2017, 09:25

the cheese wrote:I'm not a VRBO/AirBNB person when I'm in a city like Atlanta, but I understand the appeal. However, given the fact that it's tits and yokel and lil' handsome I figured that a pool would be required because a.) Yokel doesn't spend every other morning in the gym to not break out the beach bod at the earliest possible time and b.) you gotta have something for the kid to do that doesn't involve going anywhere.

But bringing the dog, I get it. I mean, I don't get bringing the dog. But I get it.

Top 4 reasons why I love dogs but won't get one:

4. Traveling - No way am I dealing with the kennel vs. taking the dog problem.
3. Cancer - I refuse to have any pet in the house that can run up any vet bill period, let alone a 5 figure one
2. Picking up dog shit in a little bag - Nothing says I don't deserve my place at THE top of the food chain as nature's most evolved creature like picking up dog shit in a little bag.
1. Having to take care of it because no one else in the house will do what they said they would do.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 15 May 2017, 09:26

chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:I'm not a VRBO/AirBNB person when I'm in a city like Atlanta, but I understand the appeal. However, given the fact that it's tits and yokel and lil' handsome I figured that a pool would be required because a.) Yokel doesn't spend every other morning in the gym to not break out the beach bod at the earliest possible time and b.) you gotta have something for the kid to do that doesn't involve going anywhere.

3. Cancer - I refuse to have any pet in the house that can run up any vet bill period, let alone a 5 figure one
2. Picking up dog shit in a little bag - Nothing says I don't deserve my place at THE top of the food chain as nature's most evolved creature like picking up dog shit in a little bag.
1. Having to take care of it because no one else in the house will do what they said they would do.

The octopus is picking up your dog's shit?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 15 May 2017, 09:29

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

The octopus is picking up your dog's shit?

He's got seven free arms, so why not? (the other one is holding the dog's leash BSMB)
chrisco
Madoff

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 May 2017, 10:48

We did a mix for our Europe trip--AirBNB in Paris and hotel in Sorrento. Both had their advantages and disadvantages--AirBNB was 2 blocks from the Champs-Elysees and the metro station, grocery store and restaurants nearby, and nice bed; hotel in Sorrento had concierge we used to book activities and dinner reservations but the bed was the worst surface I've ever slept on. And I've slept on a bathroom floor before.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 24 May 2017, 10:51

Signing up for TSA Pre Check, and I realized that my driver's license doesn't match my current address. Do I need to get this fixed before I go in for my interview or am I ok?

Yes, you all look like Google to me.
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.