The Greatest City in the Worrrrrrld: New York

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The Greatest City in the Worrrrrrld: New York

Postby nerf66 » 07 May 2017, 15:15

OJ8871440 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

I cant say Im surprised. I nearly shat myself there last summer there. They have like 2 bathrooms in the whole place! Lines out the wazoo!

Was told we had to walk up 3 train cars when we pulled into Penn Station, zero explanation, so of course I along with many others try to walk to those stairwells leading up to the area in the picture and get turned back, again with no explanation. Amtrak, MTA, LIRR and NJ Transit have been on fire the last 6 weeks with all the derailments and track work in Penn Station, didn't think it could get any shittier :corn:

No explanation?! Those people are complete ASSHOLES. You're 10 times the asshole for not listening to their warning...BUT STILL...
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby OJ8871440 » 08 May 2017, 23:18

nerf66 wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:

I cant say Im surprised. I nearly shat myself there last summer there. They have like 2 bathrooms in the whole place! Lines out the wazoo!

Was told we had to walk up 3 train cars when we pulled into Penn Station, zero explanation, so of course I along with many others try to walk to those stairwells leading up to the area in the picture and get turned back, again with no explanation. Amtrak, MTA, LIRR and NJ Transit have been on fire the last 6 weeks with all the derailments and track work in Penn Station, didn't think it could get any shittier :corn:

No explanation?! Those people are complete ASSHOLES. You're 10 times the asshole for not listening to their warning...BUT STILL...

Oh I know I'm an asshole, it's easier to get through life in the Greatest City in the Worrrrrld like that. The explanation part is usually they at least say they fucked up and didn't stop in time or pulled up short of the platform. Then again, I wouldn't hear any explanation with my headphones on anyway...because I'm an asshole
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 May 2017, 04:56

OJ8871440 wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:

Oh I know I'm an asshole, it's easier to get through life in the Greatest City in the Worrrrrld like that. The explanation part is usually they at least say they fucked up and didn't stop in time or pulled up short of the platform. Then again, I wouldn't hear any explanation with my headphones on anyway...because I'm an asshole

Usually people can't even hear their garbled "announcements", everyone looks around confused and asks what the guy just said, maybe one person heard or think they heard and people just rely on that:/. Can lead to mistakes...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 May 2017, 20:06

nice view of the ESB from my hotel room

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2017, 20:40

It amazes me that a building like that stands out so much in NYC. Mentally I just think of every building being huge.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 16 May 2017, 04:09

yeah, to add to the scale of it, I'm on the 19th floor.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby the cheese » 16 May 2017, 08:16

Isn't the ESB like a historically mismanaged property? I remember reading that somewhere. I also remember reading that it was intended to spur similar development in that area but it never happened. I have no point.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby babylurch » 16 May 2017, 08:35

the cheese wrote:Isn't the ESB like a historically mismanaged property? I remember reading that somewhere. I also remember reading that it was intended to spur similar development in that area but it never happened. I have no point.

I believe that it is owned by Sen. Richard Blumenthal's wife's family. I see your no point, and raise you disinterest.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby chrisco » 16 May 2017, 09:25

babylurch wrote:
the cheese wrote:Isn't the ESB like a historically mismanaged property? I remember reading that somewhere. I also remember reading that it was intended to spur similar development in that area but it never happened. I have no point.

I believe that it is owned by Sen. Richard Blumenthal's wife's family. I see your no point, and raise you disinterest.

I'll add a tiny bit of color...the Empire State and Graybar Building (the one over Grand Central) are both filled with tiny professional offices like doctors, dentists, sales people, recruiters, etc...I think its because both buildings are both so old and historically/touristy high profile that major corporations are not interested in using them as an HQ or major office.

I'm inferring this based on people I know who work in those buildings and the 1 time I visited a mentalist* in the Greybar.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
He did solve the crime, and it was the butler that put our silverware in the wrong cupboard.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 16 May 2017, 09:28

chrisco wrote:
I'm inferring this based on people I know who work in those buildings and the 1 time I visited a mentalist* in the Greybar.

He did solve the crime, and it was the butler that put our silverware in the wrong cupboard.

Yeah, this needs to be expanded upon somewhere.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 16 May 2017, 09:45

Briandong79 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Yeah, this needs to be expanded upon somewhere.

I accompanied someone to a shrink so they could get the official medical diagnosis for ADHD from a properly certified doctor for the sake of an administrative process. Sorry its not more interesting.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Goose » 16 May 2017, 09:48

Chrysler Building > ESB > IBS
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby CourtesyFlush » 16 May 2017, 09:49

Goose wrote:Chrysler Building > ESB > IBS

ESB > ANH > ROTJ
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 16 May 2017, 09:52

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Goose wrote:Chrysler Building > ESB > IBS

ESB > ANH > ROTJ

Fuller's London Pride ESB > Anheusier Busch Bud Heavy > Random Otter Turkey Jerk IPA
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 16 May 2017, 09:52

nerf66 wrote:
OJ8871440 wrote:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/05/02/amtrak-penn-station-repair-plan-2/

i'm selling my condo and going to be renting for a year in either NJ or Westchester, i think this alone could sway me to westchester :/
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.