The Greatest City in the Worrrrrrld: New York

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The Greatest City in the Worrrrrrld: New York

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Jan 2018, 18:28

mj3528 wrote:Anus, owns a bar in the East Village apparently:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/beverages/new-york-bar-bans-customers-who-say-%e2%80%98literally%e2%80%99/ar-BBIlv4X?li=BBnb7Kz

Continental, an East Village dive bar famous for selling five shots “of anything” for $10, has decided to take a bold stand against the word “literally,” of all things. According to a sign posted in the bar’s window, the staff will boot anybody who uses the word “literally” from the premises, on the grounds that it is “annoying” and they just won’t tolerate ungrammatical language in the dive bar.

I saw the sign posted on the 'book.

Fuck them, they water down their shots like a motherfucker.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 Jan 2018, 19:34

is it literally five shots of literally anything for literally ten bucks?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Jew Jitsu » 29 Jan 2018, 19:50

Dive bar with rules lol what is the world coming to? Just serve up shitty liquor to underage kids and stfu
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 29 Jan 2018, 19:54

That place? Fuck them.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Jan 2018, 20:08

Jew Jitsu wrote:Dive bar with rules lol what is the world coming to? Just serve up shitty liquor to underage kids and stfu

This place is a walking gimmick. It's right across from the nearest subway to a ton of other bars, so they're always pulling stupid shit to get people to stop in. I do admit to going there a decent amount when I was younger and dumber.

chrisco wrote:That place? Fuck them.

This guy gets it.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Jan 2018, 21:46

I’m so past places with stupid rules. I’m ok with “no shirt no shoes no service” but much past that you’ve lost me.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 29 Jan 2018, 22:23

Frank the Tank wrote:I’m so past places with stupid rules. I’m ok with “no shirt no shoes no service” but much past that you’ve lost me.

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby rickm3 » 13 Feb 2018, 19:22

I was talking (well since it is 2018 I was texting and not actually talking) to a friend of mine and told him I may go to MSG to try to catch the Big 10 tourney. I am not sure he has ever been to NYC. I told him I would take the train to Grand Central and walk to the Garden. He asked me if I feared for my life on that walk, I don't think he meant it literally but still he questioned the safety of it. Seriously, what do the hillbillies of the world think The City is like? I told him not to worry, the roughly 15 block walk is fine. The only real problem is the asshole people that work in the city, the stupid tourists that don't know how to cross the street and the random homeless person with the blind dog asking for money.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Feb 2018, 19:38

rickm3 wrote:I was talking (well since it is 2018 I was texting and not actually talking) to a friend of mine and told him I may go to MSG to try to catch the Big 10 tourney. I am not sure he has ever been to NYC. I told him I would take the train to Grand Central and walk to the Garden. He asked me if I feared for my life on that walk, I don't think he meant it literally but still he questioned the safety of it. Seriously, what do the hillbillies of the world think The City is like? I told him not to worry, the roughly 15 block walk is fine. The only real problem is the asshole people that work in the city, the stupid tourists that don't know how to cross the street and the random homeless person with the blind dog asking for money.

It's annoying that people think NY is a zillion times more dangerous than it is, but this misconception also causes people to think I'm way more badass than I am. So who am I to complain, really?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby rickm3 » 13 Feb 2018, 19:54

Dthefritz wrote:It's annoying that people think NY is a zillion times more dangerous than it is, but this misconception also causes people to think I'm way more badass than I am. So who am I to complain, really?

Good point, my friend was amazed when I told him I would likely be going solo. Nobody I know gives a shit about college bb (since I am in the NE and all) but since I am a Purdue grad it will be a chance to see my team. I am totally fine going into the big scary city all by myself. And I am almost as big of a pussy as Kite.

Actually, I don't know if Kite is a pussy or not but everyone else says he is so why shouldn't i pile on?
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Feb 2018, 20:03

The word you're looking for is cunt.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Feb 2018, 20:56

It would be pretty funny and 19 if you got raped a few times on that 15 Block walk.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Feb 2018, 20:58

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:It would be pretty funny and 19 if you got raped a few times on that 15 Block walk.

there's no raping going on between those two points
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 13 Feb 2018, 21:07

Rodney Farva wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:It would be pretty funny and 19 if you got raped a few times on that 15 Block walk.

there's no raping going on between those two points

Why does rick3m hate the 7 to the ACE?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Feb 2018, 21:25

Just make sure you choose crab juice over mountain dew.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.