Blockchain and blockchain alone.

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Blockchain and blockchain alone.

Postby bosux » 12 Oct 2017, 21:11

chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:sounds to me like higher risk/upside with ethereum.

now...how zealous are you regarding the upcoming hard fork, and are you going to pull your bits off coinbase and put them in a TRU wallet?

Ah, now I see why BTC has been moving up. We've got another hard fork on our hands!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/coinbas ... it2x-fork/

This to me is the biggest knock on the bitcoin community. Imagine if SOTSG.com had to agree to upgrades to PHPbb, but that any group of posters could grab the entire site's history and start alt versions of the board if they didn't like a proposed change.

Anyway, I am keeping my money in Coinbase. After the Bitcoin Cash snafu and their look at potential liability, there's enough of a stick to make sure that they don't act against depositors profiting from splits.

$5500 right now...amazing
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 13 Oct 2017, 08:00

Up 44% overall. Stupid.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Goose » 16 Oct 2017, 11:58

I saw an article this morning that banks are starting to take this bitcoin stuff seriously. Is that responsible for this recent big uptick?

Please explain in less than 10,000 words.

TYIA.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby chrisco » 16 Oct 2017, 13:30

Goose wrote:I saw an article this morning that banks are starting to take this bitcoin stuff seriously. Is that responsible for this recent big uptick?

TYIA.

Bitcoin or blockchains? JP Morgan is taking blockchains very seriously, but will still fire anyone that trades bitcoin.

Honestly, I don't know anymore. This whole thing is beyond me. I'm just along for the ride to moon now.

Also I did some hindsight 20/20 . Had I shut everything down in Sept and stayed with just the BTC and ETH, I'd be $500 ahead of where I am today and I'd have $10k less at risk. So basically everything I bought last month has been an anchor around those two currencies.

I'm going to see if a rising tide lifts all boats, otherwise I might trim some positions, or I could just let it ride. Who knows? What I do know is that Imma gonna noodle on it a bit instead of making a rash decision.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Goose » 16 Oct 2017, 14:15

chrisco wrote:
Goose wrote:I saw an article this morning that banks are starting to take this bitcoin stuff seriously. Is that responsible for this recent big uptick?

TYIA.

Bitcoin or blockchains? JP Morgan is taking blockchains very seriously, but will still fire anyone that trades bitcoin.

Honestly, I don't know anymore. This whole thing is beyond me. I'm just along for the ride to moon now.

Also I did some hindsight 20/20 . Had I shut everything down in Sept and stayed with just the BTC and ETH, I'd be $500 ahead of where I am today and I'd have $10k less at risk. So basically everything I bought last month has been an anchor around those two currencies.

I'm going to see if a rising tide lifts all boats, otherwise I might trim some positions, or I could just let it ride. Who knows? What I do know is that Imma gonna noodle on it a bit instead of making a rash decision.

They were talking about blockchains and cryptocurrencies in general, but used bitcoin in the headline and lede.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-big- ... ut-bitcoin
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby chrisco » 20 Oct 2017, 07:47

I'm in the process of moving a lot of my stack out of coinz and into dollars.

Last night I sold off everything that wasn't BTC and ETH and moved that into BTC. I had about $7-8k in alt coins. I then sold off 60% of my ETH. Finally I sold a bitcoin which got me to Coinbase's $15k sell limit for the week. (Yes they limit liquidity out which is turrible in a downturn.)

Next week I plan to sell more BTC until I only have between $10k and 20k left in crypto, the rest is staying in dollars for now.

I've had a 30% return in 6 months which put me up $11k. I might leave just that much in there and take all the rest out. I might leave some more in. We'll see.

Reasoning - I got in early enough to make some money, but too late to make a bunch. I'm not confident enough in the overall space, and don't know if there's a lot more dumb money out there to puff it up. Almost all my moves in the last 60 days ended in the red, and this feels like a good time to get most of my money out and be able to think fondly of crypto should it melt down. If it keeps going up, then hey I got enough left in to feel like I was smart(ish).

Further reasoning:

1. I am a huge investment mush and with my taxes out of the way, just moved money into mutual funds. So look for the market to correct soon. I wasn't up for both my crypto and recent stock buys to be red.

2. PonziCo is looking very frisky in Q4 (which is when we usually get taken out behind the woodshed), so that will be my action in lieu of coins.

3. I've got something else to keep me interested and the only thing it costs is time.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Goose » 20 Oct 2017, 07:54

chrisco wrote:3. I've got something else to keep me interested and the only thing it costs is time.

I can only assume this means spending time on the bored.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby chrisco » 20 Oct 2017, 08:41

Goose wrote:Image

chrisco wrote:3. I've got something else to keep me interested and the only thing it costs is time.

I can only assume this means spending time on the bored.

Free passes to pitch and putt. Its going to stay 68 and sunny with no humidity forever, right?
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 20 Oct 2017, 11:52

Double posting. So Bitcoin is going to break $6k today. Glad I hit my sell limit last night which was basically all my alt coins converted to BTC, and didn't sell any of my Bitcoin position.

$1400 in my favor.

Ethereum on the other hand is flat. Now thinking I'm going to pull out of Ethereum and then just play a game of chicken with some of my BTC and the inevitable crash.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 20 Oct 2017, 12:08

chrisco wrote:Double posting. So Bitcoin is going to break $6k today. Glad I hit my sell limit last night which was basically all my alt coins converted to BTC, and didn't sell any of my Bitcoin position.

$1400 in my favor.

Ethereum on the other hand is flat. Now thinking I'm going to pull out of Ethereum and then just play a game of chicken with some of my BTC and the inevitable crash.

any idea what is fueling this most recent surge?
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 20 Oct 2017, 12:22

bosux wrote:
chrisco wrote:Double posting. So Bitcoin is going to break $6k today. Glad I hit my sell limit last night which was basically all my alt coins converted to BTC, and didn't sell any of my Bitcoin position.

$1400 in my favor.

Lunacy
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 20 Oct 2017, 12:55

chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:

$1400 in my favor.

Lunacy

i just might be the lunatic they're looking for
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Goose » 20 Oct 2017, 13:18

bosux wrote:
chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:

$1400 in my favor.

Lunacy

Can I interest you in some Pets.com stock?
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby chrisco » 24 Oct 2017, 19:53

Goose wrote:
bosux wrote:
chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:

$1400 in my favor.

Lunacy

Can I interest you in some Pets.com stock?

A. In late 2000, I worked for a woman who was an ex Pets.com employee. She had a significant amount of exercised options that were in a post IPO lockup period. Before she could sell, this happened: "Pets.com stock had fallen from its IPO price of $11 per share in February 2000 to $0.19 the day of its liquidation announcement." She was a paper millionaire and just another "victim" of the dot com bubble.

B. I'm down to 2 BTC (plus 3 BCH from the fork this summer that's owed to me from Coinbase) which now represents all my gains in coinz. That's about $12k in total. My outlay has been returned to the bank so I can't lose money here. Right now I think I'll hang in for a couple tests of the BTC bottom at $5200. If it falls I'll probably unload, but if it keeps going up I'll take the ride.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 31 Oct 2017, 12:18

Bitcoin heading to the Chicago futures market. This is good for bulls because it will make it easier for institutional money to hedge against price swings.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cme-planni ... 1509459517

BTC at $6400 today. ETH still bobbing around the $300 mark. Poor ethereum is a belgian beer while bitcoin is a super hopped IPA.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.