79 Presents: SJWs- Hosted by Jike, BSMB and SDGuy (who?)

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: 79 Presents: SJWs- Hosted by Jike, BSMB and SDGuy (who?)

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 11:30

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Parts of Africa are awesome. That one is too broad. But Haiti, yeah that's a shit hole

In fairness to Haiti, the UN gave it cholera in 2010 then spent 5 years trying to cover it up.

yes there's also this too. the Clinton admin sanctions pandering to racist Floridians and Cuban expats back in the 90s also did haiti no favors.

i am looking forward to this public deep dive on why hati has issues. could be good.

Taek: Haiti is a model of what will happen once climate change really kicks in. Like Haiti, you are going to see these barely functioning countries go into a death spiral of natural disasters taxing weak governments, leading to half assed foreign interventions that only end up further eroding public confidence in institutions until you have street gangs fighting over whatever few resources remain. At that point you have a toxic situation that no one wants to touch and the country will be labeled a "shithole". Bangladesh is on deck.

Panama isn't going to be a thing in 20 years.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BigJohnStudd » 12 Jan 2018, 11:37

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Parts of Africa are awesome. That one is too broad. But Haiti, yeah that's a shit hole

In fairness to Haiti, the UN gave it cholera in 2010 then spent 5 years trying to cover it up.

And Wyclef dicked them over.

smh.fugeesbreakup.nowthis

My web browser automatically converted that to a clickable link. Disappointed it didn't lead anywhere.

I just learned the phrase "disaster capitalist" while googling around to find a link that matched my preconceived notions about what happened to Haiti. That's a useful term. Billions and billions of dollars in donations after the hurricane. Lots of people made lots of money. Very very few of them were Haitians.

Anyway, this is the link I settled on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37826098

You will be surprised to discover I chose one that's critical of how the Clintons and their Foundation handled things. I mean it's great and important to get a hospital built, but focus on those kinds of prestige projects usually obscures the troubles of the downtrodden citizens, troubles that are much more difficult to solve.

Wyclef is another matter entirely, not to mention We are the World for Haiti. I couldn't figure out how much of that money actually went to Haiti last night, but I only searched for a few minutes.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 11:41

BigJohnStudd wrote:
chrisco wrote:

My web browser automatically converted that to a clickable link. Disappointed it didn't lead anywhere.

I just learned the phrase "disaster capitalist" while googling around to find a link that matched my preconceived notions about what happened to Haiti. That's a useful term. Billions and billions of dollars in donations after the hurricane. Lots of people made lots of money. Very very few of them were Haitians.

You will be surprised to discover I chose one that's critical of how the Clintons and their Foundation handled things. I mean it's great and important to get a hospital built, but focus on those kinds of prestige projects usually obscures the troubles of the downtrodden citizens, troubles that are much more difficult to solve.

Wyclef is another matter entirely, not to mention We are the World for Haiti. I couldn't figure out how much of that money actually went to Haiti last night, but I only searched for a few minutes.

WOuld you rather they have focused on reducing gambling addiction in Haiti?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BigJohnStudd » 12 Jan 2018, 11:44

the cheese wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Getting out of bed in the morning in Haiti is a gamble.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 11:45

BigJohnStudd wrote:
the cheese wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Would you rather they focused on providing beds in Haiti?
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BigJohnStudd » 12 Jan 2018, 11:47

the cheese wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
the cheese wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Would you rather they focused on providing beds in Haiti?

Why not both dot pee en gee.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby PhillyJim76 » 12 Jan 2018, 11:50

Haiti shouldn’t have sided with Mr T. It was all downhill after the shaved head.
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby bosux » 12 Jan 2018, 11:57

mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:

yes there's also this too. the Clinton admin sanctions pandering to racist Floridians and Cuban expats back in the 90s also did haiti no favors.

i am looking forward to this public deep dive on why hati has issues. could be good.

the very same clinton that your people love and admire so much???
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 12 Jan 2018, 12:01

bosux wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I saw him give a corporate speech at THE Super Bowl of Telecom, ITW back in 2011 maybe. He spent 5 minutes talking about the industry and then spent the entire time talking about his mission in Haiti. He either believed every word of it at the time, or just acted like he did. It was the "realest"" emotion I've ever seen out of a politician.

That was his gift.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 12 Jan 2018, 12:05

chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I saw him give a corporate speech at THE Super Bowl of Telecom, ITW back in 2011 maybe. He spent 5 minutes talking about the industry and then spent the entire time talking about his mission in Haiti. He either believed every word of it at the time, or just acted like he did. It was the "realest"" emotion I've ever seen out of a politician.

That was his gift.

that and an eidetic memory with regard to people's names and details about their lives...if you make people feel important they will love you no matter how much you rawfuck them
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TheWolf » 12 Jan 2018, 12:05

bosux wrote:
chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:

That was his gift.

that and an eidetic memory with regard to people's names and details about their lives...if you make people feel important they will love you no matter how much you rawfuck them

He was also a good saxophone player.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby PhillyJim76 » 12 Jan 2018, 12:08

Clinton likes Haiti bc you can’t get AIDS twice
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
The Bomb Dick

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Jan 2018, 12:09

this is all bullshit. who cares if haiti is or isn't a shithole. you, me, and the drunk guy on the next barstool can say that. the president, when negotiating immigration reform with congress, should not. especially when that president is claiming he wants merit-based immigration. entertaining this discussion just normalizes the fact we have an ill-mannered, illiterate, stupid sentient sack of suck in charge and that's supposed to be okay.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BigJohnStudd » 12 Jan 2018, 12:12

Rodney Farva wrote:this is all bullshit. who cares if haiti is or isn't a shithole. you, me, and the drunk guy on the next barstool can say that. the president, when negotiating immigration reform with congress, should not. especially when that president is claiming he wants merit-based immigration. entertaining this discussion just normalizes the fact we have an ill-mannered, illiterate, stupid sentient sack of suck in charge and that's supposed to be okay.

He's obviously not illiterate. I'd also argue against stupid.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby bosux » 12 Jan 2018, 12:14

Rodney Farva wrote:this is all bullshit. who cares if haiti is or isn't a shithole. you, me, and the drunk guy on the next barstool can say that. the president, when negotiating immigration reform with congress, should not. especially when that president is claiming he wants merit-based immigration. entertaining this discussion just normalizes the fact we have an ill-mannered, illiterate, stupid sentient sack of suck in charge and that's supposed to be okay.

too bad you supported the only candidate that could of possibly lost to an ill-mannered, illiterate, stupid sentient sack of suck =D+=
bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.