Weird F*ckin' Animals

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Weird F*ckin' Animals

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 Oct 2017, 08:01

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Oct 2017, 08:02

SouthernYokel wrote:tbh, without reading the article, i cannot tell what about that horse has been bred to look cartoonish. the nostrils?

It's the indent.

Not sure who thinks that looks like a perfect horse though. Looks like a fridge fell on it and nobody fixed the damage.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Oct 2017, 08:04

TY LDOT. i agree with the weirdos, the new horse is prettier.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Oct 2017, 08:05

It looks like a duck, you serious Clark?
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby chrisco » 13 Oct 2017, 08:06

MisterTambourineMan wrote:It looks like a duck, you serious Clark?

There's no fat on it and you can see all the musculature. Of course Yoke likes it.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Oct 2017, 08:13

chrisco wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:It looks like a duck, you serious Clark?

There's no fat on it and you can see all the musculature. Of course Yoke likes it.

this guy gets it
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 13 Oct 2017, 08:16

Yokel's nuts. That's a funny ass lookin horse.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Nov 2017, 11:16

Fungus turns ants into zombies

When one of these insects gets infected by a certain fungus, it turns into a so-called “zombie ant” and is no longer in control of its actions. Manipulated by the parasite, an infected ant will leave the cozy confines of its arboreal home and head to the forest floor—an area more suitable for fungal growth. After parking itself on the underside of a leaf, the zombified ant anchors itself into place by chomping down onto the foliage. This marks the victim’s final act. From here, the fungus continues to grow and fester inside the ant’s body, eventually piercing through the ant’s head and releasing its fungal spores. This entire process, from start to finish, can take upwards of ten agonizing days.

MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby chrisco » 10 Nov 2017, 11:34

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Fungus turns ants into zombies

When one of these insects gets infected by a certain fungus, it turns into a so-called “zombie ant” and is no longer in control of its actions. Manipulated by the parasite, an infected ant will leave the cozy confines of its arboreal home and head to the forest floor—an area more suitable for fungal growth. After parking itself on the underside of a leaf, the zombified ant anchors itself into place by chomping down onto the foliage. This marks the victim’s final act. From here, the fungus continues to grow and fester inside the ant’s body, eventually piercing through the ant’s head and releasing its fungal spores. This entire process, from start to finish, can take upwards of ten agonizing days.

You ant about this life. :corn:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby rickm3 » 24 Nov 2017, 21:31

I just got back from a vacation. On a walk on the beach I stepped on a yellow jacket and the fucker stung me. Hurt like a bitch for a little while and then itched for a few days, other than that I am fine. I have read that all bees die after they sting you, I know my guy did, he was sticking into the side of my foot before I swiped him off and saw his dead carcass laying in the sand. So my question is this...if bees die after they sting you then what is the fucking point and why do they bother to sting you? They die...you have a little bit of pain, but recover pretty quickly. Who benefits from the whole situation? Come on Mother Nature you can do better.

x-post - #beesarestupid
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Nov 2017, 21:47

Yellowjackets are wasps, not bees. /science nerds
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby nerf66 » 25 Nov 2017, 09:32

rickm3 wrote:I just got back from a vacation. On a walk on the beach I stepped on a yellow jacket and the fucker stung me. Hurt like a bitch for a little while and then itched for a few days, other than that I am fine. I have read that all bees die after they sting you, I know my guy did, he was sticking into the side of my foot before I swiped him off and saw his dead carcass laying in the sand. So my question is this...if bees die after they sting you then what is the fucking point and why do they bother to sting you? They die...you have a little bit of pain, but recover pretty quickly. Who benefits from the whole situation? Come on Mother Nature you can do better.

x-post - #beesarestupid

There is a barb on their stinger which is an evolutionary advantage against other insects. The barb makes it easier to penetrate an exoskeleton - and they can pull their stinger out of an insect’s exoskeleton and live to fight another day. Against mammals however they cannot get that barb out of the flesh.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby BigJohnStudd » 25 Nov 2017, 13:07

nerf66 wrote:
rickm3 wrote:I just got back from a vacation. On a walk on the beach I stepped on a yellow jacket and the fucker stung me. Hurt like a bitch for a little while and then itched for a few days, other than that I am fine. I have read that all bees die after they sting you, I know my guy did, he was sticking into the side of my foot before I swiped him off and saw his dead carcass laying in the sand. So my question is this...if bees die after they sting you then what is the fucking point and why do they bother to sting you? They die...you have a little bit of pain, but recover pretty quickly. Who benefits from the whole situation? Come on Mother Nature you can do better.

x-post - #beesarestupid

There is a barb on their stinger which is an evolutionary advantage against other insects. The barb makes it easier to penetrate an exoskeleton - and they can pull their stinger out of an insect’s exoskeleton and live to fight another day. Against mammals however they cannot get that barb out of the flesh.

I've penetrated an ex's old skeleton.

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby mj3528 » 25 Nov 2017, 13:13

nerf66 wrote:

x-post - #beesarestupid

Most tenacious, fearsome yellow jackets can be found at the mirage in Vegas.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 25 Nov 2017, 15:30

Fans of emergent behavior can make the argument that the organism is the colony and not the individual yellow jacket. Therefore by sacrificing the individual for the sake of the collective, nature did in fact do better.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.