White People Problems

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: White People Problems

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Jan 2018, 22:25

going from international schools for all my kids' school years to what is supposed to be one of the best public high schools in one of the best public school districts in the country, i can see the value of private school if you can afford it because you get a lot more communication and feedback on what your kid is doing and it's a lot less likely anyone will let him get away with shit or slip through the cracks without you knowing about it early and clearly. you get teachers and counselors who know the kids well. you get class sizes around 10-12 instead of 25-30. you get parent-teacher conferences each quarter. my son's HS is too big for any of that. i'm not saying he's getting a worse education but it's not the same, and if it cost a reasonable number instead of more than $40K a year i definitely would have put him in the international school here. that's not an indictment of the public school, it's what would be a better fit for him. and i totally get that there are huge benefits for him having to get on it and advocate for himself. he'll be completely fine where he is and who knows, in the long run maybe he will truly be better off.

before some of you start insulting me, do me a favor and read that again and then try to make some sense in your criticisms. thank you in advance.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 05 Jan 2018, 23:41

Rodney Farva wrote:going from international schools for all my kids' school years to what is supposed to be one of the best public high schools in one of the best public school districts in the country, i can see the value of private school if you can afford it because you get a lot more communication and feedback on what your kid is doing and it's a lot less likely anyone will let him get away with shit or slip through the cracks without you knowing about it early and clearly. you get teachers and counselors who know the kids well. you get class sizes around 10-12 instead of 25-30. you get parent-teacher conferences each quarter. my son's HS is too big for any of that. i'm not saying he's getting a worse education but it's not the same, and if it cost a reasonable number instead of more than $40K a year i definitely would have put him in the international school here. that's not an indictment of the public school, it's what would be a better fit for him. and i totally get that there are huge benefits for him having to get on it and advocate for himself. he'll be completely fine where he is and who knows, in the long run maybe he will truly be better off.

before some of you start insulting me, do me a favor and read that again and then try to make some sense in your criticisms. thank you in advance.

I have no criticisms. This all seems very reasonable. I'd say my only semi-criticism is that what you're talking about is applicable to BIG public schools but not necessarily all public schools. Class sizes and how much attention the kids get and what not are not strictly a function of public vs. private. I think your mileage may vary greatly in city vs. suburb vs. country.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Jan 2018, 23:47

fair point, but i would expect it's going to be exceptionally rare to get class sizes of 8-12 kids plus quality instruction and counseling in a public school.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 05 Jan 2018, 23:49

Rodney Farva wrote:fair point, but i would expect it's going to be exceptionally rare to get class sizes of 8-12 kids plus quality instruction and counseling in a public school.

Also a fair point. I have no counterpoint.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby God Shamgod » 05 Jan 2018, 23:57

Yeah, but if he's ever in an underground rap battle it could be used against him.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby JT99 » 06 Jan 2018, 09:00

God Shamgod wrote:Yeah, but if he's ever in an underground rap battle it could be used against him.

Lonzo.gif
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Jan 2018, 09:12

JT99 wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:Yeah, but if he's ever in an underground rap battle it could be used against him.

Lonzo.gif

LOL, that was great Shammy.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 07 Jan 2018, 13:06

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
rickm3 wrote:This guy at work today had his private school admissions interview for his 9 yo twins who will be in 5th grade next year. He mentioned the name of the school and since he lives in Bronxville, NY (for those that don't know, Bronxville is pretty high end. According to Uncle Wiki the average household income for the 2,312 households was $317k) I figured it was pricey. And pricey it is. $55k per year for EACH kid....for 5th grade. The guy makes good money and all but holy shit $110k per year for 2 kids to go to 5th grade? Plus, I am pretty sure the B'ville public school is really good.

I have no hard data, but I can assure you that a Bronxville public education is not going to result in the doors of opportunity being closed for you.

It's not so much the quality of the education you're going to get going to the public schools, it's the access to other private school children whose parent earn enough money to send them to a private school costing $55k a year. Down the line when all the kids grow up, and the losers OD, your child will have the connections to get a higher paying job than you have. Now nothing is guaranteed of course but the more people you know from a higher class, the better.

I agree 100%. But my point was also that going to Bronxville public school, you have a pretty damn good network as is. Again, no scientific study, but the handful of people I know who went there all come from pretty serious money, and I'm sure their parents could easily have afforded top-tier private school. Of course, there's always an incentive to spend even more money to get an even more exclusive experience, but this is a pretty extreme example.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Jan 2018, 13:23

Scared money don’t make no money.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby bosux » 07 Jan 2018, 16:27

the public school i went to was the top high school in NJ, public or private, and by a fair margin, at the time i was there...and this was in a town surrounded by top private schools

as far as i know it still always finishes top 10 every year...lots of rich fucks there
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby ctz31 » 08 Jan 2018, 00:02

bosux wrote:the public school i went to was the top high school in NJ, public or private, and by a fair margin, at the time i was there...and this was in a town surrounded by top private schools

as far as i know it still always finishes top 10 every year...lots of rich fucks there

I thought you grew up with the neeeeegros? /mortimerduke
ctz31
#nnf

Postby bosux » 08 Jan 2018, 10:18

ctz31 wrote:
bosux wrote:the public school i went to was the top high school in NJ, public or private, and by a fair margin, at the time i was there...and this was in a town surrounded by top private schools

indeed i did... in the low income housing projects that the state forced the town to build
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jan 2018, 19:55

bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

indeed i did... in the low income housing projects that the state forced the town to build

Did your pops ever tell them to open their own pizzeria if they wanted some brothers up on the wall?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Dunking Donut » 08 Jan 2018, 20:05

Rod's actually had a parent teach conferences and they have more than one guidance counselor? Shit is fancy up there in Virginia public schools.

But we have low taxes. =D+=
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby bosux » 08 Jan 2018, 20:12

Dthefritz wrote:
bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Did your pops ever tell them to open their own pizzeria if they wanted some brothers up on the wall?

my parents divorced when i was 3 in 1976. i went with my moms and we was po. my pops did ok, owned a few businesses etc, but generally squandered whatever he had and didn't support us at all. i am lucky as fuck we were able to get in these places. we lived with my mom's parents for 4 years while she got her nursing degree and then moved back to my hometown, same projects as before.
bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.