White People Problems

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: White People Problems

Postby BigJohnStudd » 22 Nov 2017, 17:17

chrisco wrote:Filled up 8 bags, and found that my strawberry plant has decided to make a comeback.


Keith will be over for strawberry picking on Friday, and he's bringing a guest.
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 4111
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: White People Problems

Postby TheWolf » 22 Nov 2017, 23:32

BigJohnStudd wrote:
chrisco wrote:Filled up 8 bags, and found that my strawberry plant has decided to make a comeback.


Keith will be over for strawberry picking on Friday, and he's bringing a guest.


Swish.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19971
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: White People Problems

Postby rickm3 » 05 Jan 2018, 17:42

This guy at work today had his private school admissions interview for his 9 yo twins who will be in 5th grade next year. He mentioned the name of the school and since he lives in Bronxville, NY (for those that don't know, Bronxville is pretty high end. According to Uncle Wiki the average household income for the 2,312 households was $317k) I figured it was pricey. And pricey it is. $55k per year for EACH kid....for 5th grade. The guy makes good money and all but holy shit $110k per year for 2 kids to go to 5th grade? Plus, I am pretty sure the B'ville public school is really good.
rickm3
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 198
Joined: 13 May 2006, 14:58

Re: White People Problems

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2018, 18:13

Any word if they have to wait out side for the bus?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24995
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: White People Problems

Postby rickm3 » 05 Jan 2018, 18:24

Gregs Kite wrote:Any word if they have to wait out side for the bus?


Why? Do you want to offer them a ride and some candy?
rickm3
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 198
Joined: 13 May 2006, 14:58

Re: White People Problems

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Jan 2018, 18:52

rickm3 wrote:This guy at work today had his private school admissions interview for his 9 yo twins who will be in 5th grade next year. He mentioned the name of the school and since he lives in Bronxville, NY (for those that don't know, Bronxville is pretty high end. According to Uncle Wiki the average household income for the 2,312 households was $317k) I figured it was pricey. And pricey it is. $55k per year for EACH kid....for 5th grade. The guy makes good money and all but holy shit $110k per year for 2 kids to go to 5th grade? Plus, I am pretty sure the B'ville public school is really good.

I have no hard data, but I can assure you that a Bronxville public education is not going to result in the doors of opportunity being closed for you.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 8084
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: White People Problems

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2018, 18:52

rickm3 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Any word if they have to wait out side for the bus?


Why? Do you want to offer them a ride and some candy?


For a nominal fee. Sure!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24995
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: White People Problems

Postby rickm3 » 05 Jan 2018, 19:59

Dthefritz wrote:
rickm3 wrote:I have no hard data, but I can assure you that a Bronxville public education is not going to result in the doors of opportunity being closed for you.


Agreed, its not like they are in Compton and have to get their kids to a good school to keep them from hooking or slinging to make bank. These kids will be just fine at the Bronxville public school. Interestingly enough (for me anyway), Bronxville has only one school..for all grades. Kind of like Little House on the Prairie. Not that anyone of you other than Rod and Prez will get that reference.

That's all I got.
rickm3
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 198
Joined: 13 May 2006, 14:58

Re: White People Problems

Postby Theny » 05 Jan 2018, 20:11

rickm3 wrote:This guy at work today had his private school admissions interview for his 9 yo twins who will be in 5th grade next year. He mentioned the name of the school and since he lives in Bronxville, NY (for those that don't know, Bronxville is pretty high end. According to Uncle Wiki the average household income for the 2,312 households was $317k) I figured it was pricey. And pricey it is. $55k per year for EACH kid....for 5th grade. The guy makes good money and all but holy shit $110k per year for 2 kids to go to 5th grade? Plus, I am pretty sure the B'ville public school is really good.


Yeah I wonder if most people think that's normal for private school. My 1st grader's private school tuition is like 3,000 a year.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 31082
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: White People Problems

Postby Jew Jitsu » 05 Jan 2018, 20:19

Dthefritz wrote:
rickm3 wrote:This guy at work today had his private school admissions interview for his 9 yo twins who will be in 5th grade next year. He mentioned the name of the school and since he lives in Bronxville, NY (for those that don't know, Bronxville is pretty high end. According to Uncle Wiki the average household income for the 2,312 households was $317k) I figured it was pricey. And pricey it is. $55k per year for EACH kid....for 5th grade. The guy makes good money and all but holy shit $110k per year for 2 kids to go to 5th grade? Plus, I am pretty sure the B'ville public school is really good.

I have no hard data, but I can assure you that a Bronxville public education is not going to result in the doors of opportunity being closed for you.

It's not so much the quality of the education you're going to get going to the public schools, it's the access to other private school children whose parent earn enough money to send them to a private school costing $55k a year. Down the line when all the kids grow up, and the losers OD, your child will have the connections to get a higher paying job than you have. Now nothing is guaranteed of course but the more people you know from a higher class, the better.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 9036
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: White People Problems

Postby God Shamgod » 05 Jan 2018, 20:24

I remember hanging with some kids at FSU from expensive private schools. I mean it's a fine state school for the regular student, but your parents paying more for elementary school than college seems weird. Like you should be at Stanford or an Ivy or something. Should of asked for a refund
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5747
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: White People Problems

Postby chrisco » 05 Jan 2018, 20:59

God Shamgod wrote:I remember hanging with some kids at FSU from expensive private schools. I mean it's a fine state school for the regular student, but your parents paying more for elementary school than college seems weird. Like you should be at Stanford or an Ivy or something. Should of asked for a refund

Or not shelled out that sort of money in the first place unless your kid is a genius or has special needs.

A friend of mine is in education. Started with Teach for America,then NYC public school teacher, then went on to do a lot of work with cirriculum implementation in different school districts. Her sister is a lawyer in Denver who sent their kid to some expensive private school that she was always bragging about. The friend sat in the class for some reason or the other. Her assessment is that the education was the same level as a public elementary school and that her sister was paying the big bucks for customer service from the staff and the reputation of the school.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12767
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: White People Problems

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2018, 21:11

You're kidding.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24995
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: White People Problems

Postby chrisco » 05 Jan 2018, 21:26

Iono, I had twelve years of Catholic school that were a lot better than Quincy public.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12767
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: White People Problems

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 05 Jan 2018, 21:59

The local Catholic school had an open house once in 5th or 6th grade. I went to school there that day. I was light years ahead of them.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18758
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest