Look At These Effing Hipsters

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jan 2017, 11:34

Magnum wrote:I didn't pay that much for a Rogue. ok.


that's interesting, the small suv market is really tight i guess. every MSRP is within $750 of each other.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby TheWolf » 24 Jan 2017, 12:15

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:Titan IMO. The Frontier is shorter. I had a Titan years ago :sniff: quality truck if you can't afford to pay the full freight of the Silverado/Sierra or F150.


i always thought nissans were over priced. i have never shopped their trucks because i don't like the way they look but the cars are insane. nobody's paying that much for a fucking Maxima.


I see a lot of Maximas on the road. I'd argue someone is paying that much for them.

I have a Pathfinder. Wolfette leases a Rogue and owned an Altima before that. I got no beef with Nissan.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jan 2017, 12:17

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:Titan IMO. The Frontier is shorter. I had a Titan years ago :sniff: quality truck if you can't afford to pay the full freight of the Silverado/Sierra or F150.


i always thought nissans were over priced. i have never shopped their trucks because i don't like the way they look but the cars are insane. nobody's paying that much for a fucking Maxima.


I see a lot of Maximas on the road. I'd argue someone is paying that much for them.

I have a Pathfinder. Wolfette leases a Rogue and owned an Altima before that. I got no beef with Nissan.


my MIL drives a maxima. that 'nobody' meant me. i'm not buying a maxima for $10,000 more than a camry.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby Theny » 24 Jan 2017, 12:19

SouthernYokel wrote:
jman wrote:
JT99 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Goose wrote:
jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Image


haha, good for him. i am with the hipster on this one.

eta - bd that's a Smart car. even hipsterier.

only problem with that is truck driver guy and his buddy could probably just pick that thing up and move it out of the way.


That's an asshole move by the truck driver. One of the conditions you have to accept when you own a truck is that you may have to park further away so that you have room to back out, turn around, whatever. On the other hand I'm not sure making your point is worth the potential vandalism.


well it's a smart car, i think they cost like $5000. Also, the truck is parked across all those spaces which is a thing i associate with someone who wants to make sure their car isn't touched because it's precious, but then the left rear quarter panel is demolished. so...why is he parking like this? this photo is a real enigma.


Additionally, to me, it looks like a mom truck, to me. Definitely not a 250 or bigger.

looks like a Nisan Titan, not 'murrican. Probably safe to say there's not a gun rack in the back window.


i could not tell if it was a titan or a frontier. because it has the suicide door i was leaning frontier, very few people spring for the full size truck and then get the small cab.


It's a Titan. Wack truck.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30548
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby TheWolf » 24 Jan 2017, 12:23

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:Titan IMO. The Frontier is shorter. I had a Titan years ago :sniff: quality truck if you can't afford to pay the full freight of the Silverado/Sierra or F150.


i always thought nissans were over priced. i have never shopped their trucks because i don't like the way they look but the cars are insane. nobody's paying that much for a fucking Maxima.


I see a lot of Maximas on the road. I'd argue someone is paying that much for them.

I have a Pathfinder. Wolfette leases a Rogue and owned an Altima before that. I got no beef with Nissan.


my MIL drives a maxima. that 'nobody' meant me. i'm not buying a maxima for $10,000 more than a camry.


Isn't the Camry in the same class as the Altima? If you're paying $10K more, you should be comparing the Maxima to the Avalon.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby TVF wannabe » 24 Jan 2017, 12:25

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:Titan IMO. The Frontier is shorter. I had a Titan years ago :sniff: quality truck if you can't afford to pay the full freight of the Silverado/Sierra or F150.


i always thought nissans were over priced. i have never shopped their trucks because i don't like the way they look but the cars are insane. nobody's paying that much for a fucking Maxima.


I see a lot of Maximas on the road. I'd argue someone is paying that much for them.

I have a Pathfinder. Wolfette leases a Rogue and owned an Altima before that. I got no beef with Nissan.


my MIL drives a maxima. that 'nobody' meant me. i'm not buying a maxima for $10,000 more than a camry.


Isn't the Camry in the same class as the Altima? If you're paying $10K more, you should be comparing the Maxima to the Avalon.


You are correct, Wolf. The Rogue is a cheap SUV especially if you're leasing.
User avatar
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: 07 Jun 2006, 14:16

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby TheWolf » 24 Jan 2017, 12:30

TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jan 2017, 15:40

TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby mj3528 » 24 Jan 2017, 15:45

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


years ago when I was looking for a new car, I test drove a camry and was underwhelmed. I then tried the Avalon, and was similarly underwhelmed especially considering the increased cost.

the salesman pulled the car guy trick: "What is preventing me from putting you in this new Camry today?"

I told him I can't believe I would have to pay that much for a Camry. He said he understood, and I left.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9279
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby TheWolf » 24 Jan 2017, 16:08

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


years ago when I was looking for a new car, I test drove a camry and was underwhelmed. I then tried the Avalon, and was similarly underwhelmed especially considering the increased cost.

the salesman pulled the car guy trick: "What is preventing me from putting you in this new Camry today?"

I told him I can't believe I would have to pay that much for a Camry. He said he understood, and I left.


Electric story, #s. /kite
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby the cheese » 24 Jan 2017, 16:20

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


years ago when I was looking for a new car, I test drove a camry and was underwhelmed. I then tried the Avalon, and was similarly underwhelmed especially considering the increased cost.

the salesman pulled the car guy trick: "What is preventing me from putting you in this new Camry today?"

I told him I can't believe I would have to pay that much for a Camry. He said he understood, and I left.


I have had that same thought about every Toyota product I've ever looked at on a lot.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Jan 2017, 16:29

the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


years ago when I was looking for a new car, I test drove a camry and was underwhelmed. I then tried the Avalon, and was similarly underwhelmed especially considering the increased cost.

the salesman pulled the car guy trick: "What is preventing me from putting you in this new Camry today?"

I told him I can't believe I would have to pay that much for a Camry. He said he understood, and I left.


I have had that same thought about every Toyota product I've ever looked at on a lot.


i think the Tundra is beautiful. the rest of their cars are just cars. perfect for someone who just wants a car that runs forever and doesn't care about having anything special or attractive about it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby the cheese » 24 Jan 2017, 16:30

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


years ago when I was looking for a new car, I test drove a camry and was underwhelmed. I then tried the Avalon, and was similarly underwhelmed especially considering the increased cost.

the salesman pulled the car guy trick: "What is preventing me from putting you in this new Camry today?"

I told him I can't believe I would have to pay that much for a Camry. He said he understood, and I left.


I have had that same thought about every Toyota product I've ever looked at on a lot.


i think the Tundra is beautiful. the rest of their cars are just cars. perfect for someone who just wants a car that runs forever and doesn't care about having anything special or attractive about it.


I have never driven a Tundra, and I agree that it is beautiful. It's no Sierra, but I would pay what they asked for it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby Goose » 24 Jan 2017, 16:37

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


years ago when I was looking for a new car, I test drove a camry and was underwhelmed. I then tried the Avalon, and was similarly underwhelmed especially considering the increased cost.

the salesman pulled the car guy trick: "What is preventing me from putting you in this new Camry today?"

I told him I can't believe I would have to pay that much for a Camry. He said he understood, and I left.


I have had that same thought about every Toyota product I've ever looked at on a lot.


i think the Tundra is beautiful. the rest of their cars are just cars. perfect for someone who just wants a car that runs forever and doesn't care about having anything special or attractive about it.


I have never driven a Tundra, and I agree that it is beautiful. It's no Sierra, but I would pay what they asked for it.


I still have my 2007 Tundra with about 135k miles on it. My mechanic told me that it was the original V8 before they converted to some more eco-friendly version that sucks and it should run forever. I've had no mechanical problems with it so far, so I'm sure it will blow a head gasket tomorrow. My goal is to drive it to 300k miles.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3617
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: Look At These Effing Hipsters

Postby TheWolf » 24 Jan 2017, 16:42

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:TY for confirming, TVF. So Yoke is paying $10K more for an apple than an orange?


camry and maxima are both classed as a mid-size sedan and the avalon is classed as a luxury sedan. i guess i never really considered that the altima is supposed to be the competitor to the camry...and i forgot the Avalon was a car that exists. ALSO, i am paying $10k LESS for an apple than an orange.

:oops:


I also forgot the Avalon existed. I looked it up because I didn't really know why there was such a difference between Altima and Maxima since the seem to be about the same size. So I formed the hypothesis that maybe the Altima and Camry are at a similar price point and Toyota has something else that costs Maxima money. Seems like I was right. Good times.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheCEO and 2 guests