People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Things!

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 May 2017, 08:26

Briandong79 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
HookNose wrote:The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available for anyone struggling with difficult emotions - you do not have to be thinking about suicide to call.


What kind of lunatic would call the national suicide prevention lifeline if they're not thinking about suicide? Just to chat I guess, ok. :-s


someone struggling with difficult emotions - i'm no shrink but i can see where they're going


My friend's wife runs a suicide prevention section of a nonprofit here in town and they really try to get word out to have people call when they're depressed, feeling that things are slipping away, etc, rather than when they've got the .45 in their mouth. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, blah blah. In any case, yeah they want to get ahead of it because once it starts really rolling in the direction of suicide, it's tough to stop.

Calling the national number just to chat seems a tad odd, though.


i guess it makes sense. I don't know how busy they are. if there are open lines than i agree. if suicidal people are being put on hold because someone's depressed/lonely and feel like they need to talk to someone, but aren't actually on the verge of killing themselves than that would suck...so i don't really know.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7316
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Briandong79 » 19 May 2017, 08:27

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
HookNose wrote:The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available for anyone struggling with difficult emotions - you do not have to be thinking about suicide to call.


What kind of lunatic would call the national suicide prevention lifeline if they're not thinking about suicide? Just to chat I guess, ok. :-s


someone struggling with difficult emotions - i'm no shrink but i can see where they're going


My friend's wife runs a suicide prevention section of a nonprofit here in town and they really try to get word out to have people call when they're depressed, feeling that things are slipping away, etc, rather than when they've got the .45 in their mouth. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, blah blah. In any case, yeah they want to get ahead of it because once it starts really rolling in the direction of suicide, it's tough to stop.

Calling the national number just to chat seems a tad odd, though.


i guess it makes sense. I don't know how busy they are. if there are open lines than i agree. if suicidal people are being put on hold because someone's depressed/lonely and feel like they need to talk to someone, but aren't actually on the verge of killing themselves than that would suck...so i don't really know.


Yeah, I'm not sure, thankfully I don't know what the intake process is on those and how they separate the emergencies from the more run of the mill calls.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29712
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby PhillyJim76 » 19 May 2017, 08:40

Yeah I was going to call the suicide prevention line but they were too busy talking to an overwhelmed mommy blogger /Chris Cornell
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby PhillyJim76 » 19 May 2017, 08:46

Double post- my mother the prophet has spoken


"If all this bullshit doesn't stop soon we are looking at a civil war. And not the North vs the South, it will be liberals, progressives against the conservative , the right and it will not end pretty."
It feels so good to be back.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Briandong79 » 19 May 2017, 08:51

PhillyJim76 wrote:Double post- my mother the prophet has spoken


"If all this bullshit doesn't stop soon we are looking at a civil war. And not the North vs the South, it will be liberals, progressives against the conservative , the right and it will not end pretty."


A liberal vs conservative civil war would be over in a day and a half. Our military would consist of like the dude who wrote Jarhead.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29712
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Rodney Farva » 19 May 2017, 08:57

Briandong79 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
HookNose wrote:The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available for anyone struggling with difficult emotions - you do not have to be thinking about suicide to call.


What kind of lunatic would call the national suicide prevention lifeline if they're not thinking about suicide? Just to chat I guess, ok. :-s


someone struggling with difficult emotions - i'm no shrink but i can see where they're going


My friend's wife runs a suicide prevention section of a nonprofit here in town and they really try to get word out to have people call when they're depressed, feeling that things are slipping away, etc, rather than when they've got the .45 in their mouth. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, blah blah. In any case, yeah they want to get ahead of it because once it starts really rolling in the direction of suicide, it's tough to stop.

Calling the national number just to chat seems a tad odd, though.


just to chat was jekyll being smug, not the from the original Stern post
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24256
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 May 2017, 08:58

Oh, that Michael, I hate him. He's just so smug.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29411
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 May 2017, 17:15

As a mom, I'm super worried about my kids being bullied and the implications and have spoken to both about treating others with kindness for as long as I can remember, so:

Bullying is NOT okay, NO MATTER the age. Wounds heal, but the memories last forever. I'd love to see 3 of my friends copy and paste this for bullying awareness. Bullying SCARS inside!!!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29411
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Briandong79 » 19 May 2017, 19:49

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
As a mom, I'm super worried about my kids being bullied and the implications and have spoken to both about treating others with kindness for as long as I can remember, so:

Bullying is NOT okay, NO MATTER the age. Wounds heal, but the memories last forever. I'd love to see 3 of my friends copy and paste this for bullying awareness. Bullying SCARS inside!!!


I hope you cut and pasted, balls.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29712
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby JichaelDick » 19 May 2017, 23:14

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
As a mom, I'm super worried about my kids being bullied and the implications and have spoken to both about treating others with kindness for as long as I can remember, so:

Bullying is NOT okay, NO MATTER the age. Wounds heal, but the memories last forever. I'd love to see 3 of my friends copy and paste this for bullying awareness. Bullying SCARS inside!!!


At least 20 of my "friends" have posted this. I think it was all women.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25089
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 May 2017, 05:08

copying & pasting heals those scars
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24256
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby TheWolf » 20 May 2017, 06:33

Briandong79 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
As a mom, I'm super worried about my kids being bullied and the implications and have spoken to both about treating others with kindness for as long as I can remember, so:

Bullying is NOT okay, NO MATTER the age. Wounds heal, but the memories last forever. I'd love to see 3 of my friends copy and paste this for bullying awareness. Bullying SCARS inside!!!


I hope you cut and pasted, balls.


Copy and paste. Cutting leaves scars.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 16502
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby JichaelDick » 20 May 2017, 15:23

Hey everyone, just a quick PSA, i feel that the Lord is pushing me to ask you all to come to him as soon as you can. If you haven't already, now is an excellent time to surrender yourself to our wonderful and loving Lord Jesus. He's not an angry guy, and He's not looking for any chance to punish. He really loves you and wants you to know Him. Instead of thinking of an impersonal invisible old man in the sky, think of God as a loving father, always willing to hug His children. He really wants you to know the love He has. Once you let Him in, He will show you wonderful and powerful truths.

Honestly, I would still be in the darkest and most depressed state of my life if God hadn't started moving in my life in ways I wasn't expecting. Coincidences may happen, but not 20 times in a row, and that's just what happened recently, leading me to pass the classes I was about to fail. Trust me when I say that God does love you, and desperately wants you to seek Him. Again, think of Him as a loving and caring father. He will be there for you when you open the door for Him. All you need to do is pray to ask Jesus to come into your heart and show you His truths. Love will follow. I promise!
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25089
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Dthefritz » 20 May 2017, 16:01

JichaelDick wrote:
Hey everyone, just a quick PSA, i feel that the Lord is pushing me to ask you all to come to him as soon as you can. If you haven't already, now is an excellent time to surrender yourself to our wonderful and loving Lord Jesus. He's not an angry guy, and He's not looking for any chance to punish. He really loves you and wants you to know Him. Instead of thinking of an impersonal invisible old man in the sky, think of God as a loving father, always willing to hug His children. He really wants you to know the love He has. Once you let Him in, He will show you wonderful and powerful truths.

Honestly, I would still be in the darkest and most depressed state of my life if God hadn't started moving in my life in ways I wasn't expecting. Coincidences may happen, but not 20 times in a row, and that's just what happened recently, leading me to pass the classes I was about to fail. Trust me when I say that God does love you, and desperately wants you to seek Him. Again, think of Him as a loving and caring father. He will be there for you when you open the door for Him. All you need to do is pray to ask Jesus to come into your heart and show you His truths. Love will follow. I promise!

I don't know, your acquaintance kind of has a point. Faith in Jesus can help a man who stabbed someone to death and destroyed all the evidence that could convict him, not only find forgiveness in the eyes of the Lord, but also the eyes of the law and of ESPN. His mercy endureth not just for the prime years of an athlete's career, but forever.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6565
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby JT99 » 20 May 2017, 16:44

Dthefritz wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
Hey everyone, just a quick PSA, i feel that the Lord is pushing me to ask you all to come to him as soon as you can. If you haven't already, now is an excellent time to surrender yourself to our wonderful and loving Lord Jesus. He's not an angry guy, and He's not looking for any chance to punish. He really loves you and wants you to know Him. Instead of thinking of an impersonal invisible old man in the sky, think of God as a loving father, always willing to hug His children. He really wants you to know the love He has. Once you let Him in, He will show you wonderful and powerful truths.

Honestly, I would still be in the darkest and most depressed state of my life if God hadn't started moving in my life in ways I wasn't expecting. Coincidences may happen, but not 20 times in a row, and that's just what happened recently, leading me to pass the classes I was about to fail. Trust me when I say that God does love you, and desperately wants you to seek Him. Again, think of Him as a loving and caring father. He will be there for you when you open the door for Him. All you need to do is pray to ask Jesus to come into your heart and show you His truths. Love will follow. I promise!

I don't know, your acquaintance kind of has a point. Faith in Jesus can help a man who stabbed someone to death and destroyed all the evidence that could convict him, not only find forgiveness in the eyes of the Lord, but also the eyes of the law and of ESPN. His mercy endureth not just for the prime years of an athlete's career, but forever.


I think that I understood this one.......Tom Brady, right?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 8883
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests