People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Things!

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: People I'm Vaguely Acquainted With Say the Darndest Thin

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Mar 2017, 11:41

mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
JT99 wrote:For the record, I hold the doors open for everyone, regardless of genitalia, because I am a kind and compassionate human being and not at all a dick, regardless of what you've heard.

agree letting a door slam in someone's face is a dick move no matter what. i think women usually get to go first in almost all situations, anyone work in an office where the guys get out of the elevator first? I thought ladies first was one of those societal norms that's still applicable :beatsme:

I usually let women get off first, but if the elevator is jammed and I am towards the front, I will get out first to speed up the process. Is that polite, or conform to the rules of society? :beatsme:

the move to make in that situation is to pop out first, immediately to the side, and put your arm across the elevator door to keep it from closing as the woman get out. just like holding a real door open!

i always hold the door for women. if they have a nice pooper, seeing move in front of you give you a nice bonus on top of that self-satisfied smug "i'm awsum because i make the world a better place" feeling that we all thrive on.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Mar 2017, 11:45

Rodney Farva wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
JT99 wrote:For the record, I hold the doors open for everyone, regardless of genitalia, because I am a kind and compassionate human being and not at all a dick, regardless of what you've heard.

agree letting a door slam in someone's face is a dick move no matter what. i think women usually get to go first in almost all situations, anyone work in an office where the guys get out of the elevator first? I thought ladies first was one of those societal norms that's still applicable :beatsme:

I usually let women get off first, but if the elevator is jammed and I am towards the front, I will get out first to speed up the process. Is that polite, or conform to the rules of society? :beatsme:

i always hold the door for women. if they have a nice pooper, seeing move in front of you give you a nice bonus on top of that self-satisfied smug "i'm awsum because i make the world a better place" feeling that we all thrive on.

Farv gets it
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Mar 2017, 11:47

geez, a guy take a pleasant walk and comes back to this....
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 11:50

Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
huh. for a guy who is supposedly wrong all the time i seem to be scooping up quite a few Ws lately. hmm. [-X

What was the sample in "Regulate" again, Mr. Music Industry Insider?

When did this woman turn around and march on Washington in a pussy hat?

Again, I don't get the bit here to begin with. Jike JUST SAID this woman was a Trump supporter. Gee whiz.

Ah, you're going full cunt. Gotcha. It must be exhausting being you. I'd probably kill myself. Give it a go.

Hi, sunshine.

The entire premise is based on that one hashtag. If you can't get that, then we can agree to disagree and you can cuss up a storm and act like a four year old.

We can agree to disagree then. Because your cognitive dissonance has become you. You ripped her because she 'turns around and marched on Washington in a pussy hat.' It was pointed out that she never mentioned any of that and you were projecting. Jike mentioned she was against that march. You think you're still right. Seriously amazing how your mind works. Agree to disagree. Please don't respond to this post. It's the out.

----------

Seriously: How close does someone have to be to hold the door open? I say 10-15 feet.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 10 Mar 2017, 11:52

I'll extend it to 20 if she has a nice can.

Obviously, no limit if hands are full.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JT99 » 10 Mar 2017, 11:54

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Seriously: How close does someone have to be to hold the door open? I say 10-15 feet.

5 steps, max.

Assuming the longest of striders would cover 3 feet/step, you'd have a 15-foot max.

Essentially, if they are forced to speed up their stride for your door hold OR you get angry because they did not speed up, you fucked up.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 10 Mar 2017, 11:56

Karate gets it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Mar 2017, 11:56

JT99 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Seriously: How close does someone have to be to hold the door open? I say 10-15 feet.

5 steps, max.

Assuming the longest of striders would cover 3 feet/step, you'd have a 15-foot max.

Essentially, if they are forced to speed up their stride for your door hold OR you get angry because they did not speed up, you fucked up.

If they're outside that limit but start speedin gup you do the step inside but hold the door open with your arm so they can grab it and if more people are coming then they're the ones holding the door

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Mar 2017, 11:58

sounds about right. for women probably more imo and also depends on the situation, type of door, etc. elevator banks i don't really care at all, if they miss mine they can handle the 30 second wait for the next elevator.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby JT99 » 10 Mar 2017, 11:59

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
JT99 wrote:

5 steps, max.

If they're outside that limit but start speedin gup you do the step inside but hold the door open with your arm so they can grab it and if more people are coming then they're the ones holding the door

Your mama raised you right
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mister bacon » 10 Mar 2017, 12:01

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

sounds about right. for women probably more imo and also depends on the situation, type of door, etc. elevator banks i don't really care at all, if they miss mine they can handle the 30 second wait for the next elevator.

it's awesome when they "miss" the door and then hit the button in time for the door to open and you're stuck in the elevator with someone you let the door close on. especially when it's a woman \:D/
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Mar 2017, 12:01

i don't base it sheerly on distance, it's a black box equation where the inputs include (but are not limited to):

how far away is the person?
at what speed is the person moving?
have we made eye contact?
am i in a hurry?
do i know the person?
does the person, if i don't know them, look like someone i know, or like a famous person?
if the person is a women, am i attracted to her?
does the person look like a dirtbag?
am i in a hurry?
how am i feeling at the moment? grumpy? happy? sad? droopy? meh? horny? hungry?
does the person look like they would appreciate the small act of politesse i may be about to extend?
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Mar 2017, 12:05

mister bacon wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

it's awesome when they "miss" the door and then hit the button in time for the door to open and you're stuck in the elevator with someone you let the door close on. especially when it's a woman \:D/

haha, if eye contact is made i change that policy. in general i don't get rushing for an elevator when there's 11 other elevators a few feet away that are constantly coming and going.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Mar 2017, 12:07

Rodney Farva wrote:i don't base it sheerly on distance, it's a black box equation where the inputs include (but are not limited to):

how far away is the person? AGAIN, I'M AT THE 10-15 FEET USUALLY, BUT LIKE JIKE SAID UNLIMITED IF HANDS FULL
at what speed is the person moving? IF THEY'RE GLACIALLY SLOW, NOPE, I'LL MOVE ON
have we made eye contact? POSSIBILY UNLIMITED AT THAT TIME, I'D FEEL BAD OTHERWISE AND MY FEELINGS MEAN THE MOST
am i in a hurry? DEPENDS ON WHAT I'M IN A HURRY FOR. WORK? EH, I'LL HOLD. EVACUATING BOWELS? I'M GONE.
do i know the person? ALWAYS HOLD, THEY'LL SPEAK WELL OF ME WHEN I DIE
does the person, if i don't know them, look like someone i know, or like a famous person? IS THAT CHER?!
if the person is a women, am i attracted to her? 25 FEET. IF SHE'S FURTHER THAN THAT IT'S CREEPY WHEN SHE GETS TO THE DOOR.
does the person look like a dirtbag? YEAH, FUCK THAT DIRTBAG. THIS HAPPENS TO ME A LOT, BEING A DIRTBAG AND ALL.
am i in a hurry? dude we answered this
how am i feeling at the moment? grumpy? happy? sad? droopy? meh? horny? hungry? EH, DOESN'T REALLY FACTOR IN
does the person look like they would appreciate the small act of politesse i may be about to extend? YEAH, THE PAY IT FORWARD METHOD, THIS WILL HAVE THEM DO SOMETHING GOOD!
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Mar 2017, 12:10

related pet peeve: people who barge into an elevator without letting the people already on board get out first. if it weren't for teh whole 'dying' thing, i'd say they deserve to have what happened to rosalind on LA Law be visited upon them.

Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.