The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Postby mj3528 » 05 Feb 2018, 12:42

Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:i'm wrong so often, skinman, who can really keep track.

for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. basically cooked steak ums, sauteed onions and peppers, and some provolone wrapped with crescent roll dough, formed into a ring and baked. goddam that was good. the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay, chili that was really good, a dip that's basically melted velveeta with some chopped tomatoes mixed in with tortilla chips, and i guess that was it. lemon bundt cake for desert. it was low key, their family and ours, surprising lack of beverages. left at halftime to watch the rest at home, which was a good move because they have a small tv (probably 35"?) and got to watch the rest on mine.

whatcha got on the wall? #55OrGoHome

55, not on the wall but on top of a cabinet.

I think mine is only 48", above the fireplace.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 05 Feb 2018, 12:44

mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:

for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. basically cooked steak ums, sauteed onions and peppers, and some provolone wrapped with crescent roll dough, formed into a ring and baked. goddam that was good. the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay, chili that was really good, a dip that's basically melted velveeta with some chopped tomatoes mixed in with tortilla chips, and i guess that was it. lemon bundt cake for desert. it was low key, their family and ours, surprising lack of beverages. left at halftime to watch the rest at home, which was a good move because they have a small tv (probably 35"?) and got to watch the rest on mine.

No wonder you sneak into ex's house to watch stuff
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 05 Feb 2018, 12:44

mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Is that why you prefer watch TV at your wife's house when she's not home?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 05 Feb 2018, 12:45

JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:

I think hers is only 50", also above the fireplace.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby JT99 » 05 Feb 2018, 12:45

mj3528 wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:

I think hers is only 50", also above the fireplace.

No worries, I hope that things pick up for you in the future. Hang in there, kid.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Jew Jitsu » 05 Feb 2018, 13:27

55? Better be the bed room set. 65 and up all day
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 05 Feb 2018, 13:28

Jew Jitsu wrote:55? Better be the bed room set. 65 and up all day

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 05 Feb 2018, 14:39

Rodney Farva wrote:for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. basically cooked steak ums, sauteed onions and peppers, and some provolone wrapped with crescent roll dough, formed into a ring and baked. goddam that was good.

We make this, but just with breakfast sausage, an egg, cheese, and some diced, sauteed peppers and onions. Good shit. Always a hit. The crescent roll tube is a versatile base for delicious and unhealthy appetizers. Your wife sounds like a good egg.

the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay

Gonna need more details on this. BBQ? Could you just pick it up and eat it with your hands? Were rolls provided? Tortillas?

chili that was really good

:thumbsupemoji:

a dip that's basically melted velveeta with some chopped tomatoes mixed in with tortilla chips

That's the very definition of queso. Bonus points if she used rotel. Good shit.

lemon bundt cake for desert.

Inject it into my veins.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Feb 2018, 14:45

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. basically cooked steak ums, sauteed onions and peppers, and some provolone wrapped with crescent roll dough, formed into a ring and baked. goddam that was good.

We make this, but just with breakfast sausage, an egg, cheese, and some diced, sauteed peppers and onions. Good shit. Always a hit. The crescent roll tube is a versatile base for delicious and unhealthy appetizers. Your wife sounds like a good egg.

she is. putting up with me for so long gets her on the express path to sainthood.

the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay

Gonna need more details on this. BBQ? Could you just pick it up and eat it with your hands? Were rolls provided? Tortillas?

it was made in a crock pot, finished with sweet baby ray's bbq sauce. should have been cooked a lot longer, which is why it was just okay. there were martin's potato rolls. i got nutty and added a glob of the queso to it inside the roll, it was better than you might think.

a dip that's basically melted velveeta with some chopped tomatoes mixed in with tortilla chips

That's the very definition of queso. Bonus points if she used rotel. Good shit.

no clue if our hostess used rotel or not.

lemon bundt cake for desert.

Inject it into my veins.

it was store bought, but pretty moist and not too much icing.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby the cheese » 05 Feb 2018, 14:57

Rodney Farva wrote:the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay

it was made in a crock pot, finished with sweet baby ray's bbq sauce. should have been cooked a lot longer, which is why it was just okay. there were martin's potato rolls. i got nutty and added a glob of the queso to it inside the roll, it was better than you might think.

I respect that hustle. I will put queso on literally anything. I put it on burgers, I put it on fries, I put it on bbq, I'll put it on a baked potato. Doesn't matter, I'll put queso on almost any sandwich, dippable item, vegetable, whatever.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 05 Feb 2018, 17:11

the cheese wrote:

We make this, but just with breakfast sausage, an egg, cheese, and some diced, sauteed peppers and onions.

This made me laugh. We make cheese steak too, but without steak. I know exactly what you meant, but the phrasing was humorous to me.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 06 Feb 2018, 09:18

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:

We make this, but just with breakfast sausage, an egg, cheese, and some diced, sauteed peppers and onions.

This made me laugh. We make cheese steak too, but without steak. I know exactly what you meant, but the phrasing was humorous to me.

But WITH an egg.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby ctz31 » 06 Feb 2018, 09:35

My television set is 40 inches. Maybe. I don't care.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby chrisco » 06 Feb 2018, 09:36

ctz31 wrote:My television set is 40 inches. Maybe. I don't care.

You consider mid-definition? It would probably suit a man of your stature.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 06 Feb 2018, 09:40

Rodney Farva wrote:
for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. .

just call it a cheesesteak ring because nobody eats that shit around here in chiptown
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.