The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Jan 2018, 18:33

ctz31 wrote:It is upon us again. The monday before the superbowl, also known as the evening of the best meal of the year. Venison dinner at a local italian establishment. So fucking good. Meeting some guys out at 5:30 for some drinks and heading over for the dinner at 7. The menu consists of antipasto, venison soup, cacciatore, sausage, meatloaf, risotto, parmed cutlets, and a cannoli. All venison. Except for the cannoli. I don't eat that anyway. Also wine served w dinner. $50 a head. Can't wait. /bart My toots are going to stink to high hell tomorrow.

I am still toying with the idea of going to the wild game feast at our church this Saturday. The problem is that they develop a whole day around it so like the event goes from 9:45-2 and I haven't been going there long enough to gauge the appropriateness of just showing up for lunch. Probably would frown upon a loaded as well.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 29 Jan 2018, 19:52

Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:It is upon us again. The monday before the superbowl, also known as the evening of the best meal of the year. Venison dinner at a local italian establishment. So fucking good. Meeting some guys out at 5:30 for some drinks and heading over for the dinner at 7. The menu consists of antipasto, venison soup, cacciatore, sausage, meatloaf, risotto, parmed cutlets, and a cannoli. All venison. Except for the cannoli. I don't eat that anyway. Also wine served w dinner. $50 a head. Can't wait. /bart My toots are going to stink to high hell tomorrow.

I am still toying with the idea of going to the wild game feast at our church this Saturday. The problem is that they develop a whole day around it so like the event goes from 9:45-2 and I haven't been going there long enough to gauge the appropriateness of just showing up for lunch. Probably would frown upon a loaded as well.

If Jesus taught us anything, its that we are all sinners and that we all deserve to be forgiven for our sins.

Show up at 11:30 with a loaded.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 30 Jan 2018, 00:30

chrisco wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

If Jesus taught us anything, its that we are all sinners and that we all deserve to be forgiven for our sins.

Show up at 11:30 with a loaded.

This seems like the kind of logic Jesus people would get behind.

You could also just bring water an ask him to change it into wine.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BigJohnStudd » 30 Jan 2018, 02:06

If they've got quail, ask for some manna to go with it (that's a Bible reference).
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Theny » 30 Jan 2018, 07:07

BigJohnStudd wrote:If they've got quail, ask for some manna to go with it (that's a Bible reference).

That's for Jews only.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Feb 2018, 16:45

washington post (not their snooty food critic) does a blind taste test: dominos, papa johns or pizza hut? winner?

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
papa. but all blew.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Theny » 01 Feb 2018, 16:58

Rodney Farva wrote:washington post (not their snooty food critic) does a blind taste test: dominos, papa johns or pizza hut? winner?

papa. but all blew.

Not surprised. Bunch of haters out here baggin on PJ and Applebees.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby CourtesyFlush » 01 Feb 2018, 21:40

Theny wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:washington post (not their snooty food critic) does a blind taste test: dominos, papa johns or pizza hut? winner?

papa. but all blew.

PJ is gross. Nobody denies this.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Feb 2018, 21:47

Theny wrote:

papa. but all blew.

Applebees is fanfuckingtastic.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 01 Feb 2018, 22:56

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Theny wrote:

papa. but all blew.

PJ is gross. Nobody denies this.

No one. Least of all Delco 6s.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BigJohnStudd » 04 Feb 2018, 22:15

Rodney Farva wrote:so we’re agreed that your argument made no sense, glad we’re making progress

Looks like Farv was wrong again.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Feb 2018, 12:24

i'm wrong so often, skinman, who can really keep track.

for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. basically cooked steak ums, sauteed onions and peppers, and some provolone wrapped with crescent roll dough, formed into a ring and baked. goddam that was good. the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay, chili that was really good, a dip that's basically melted velveeta with some chopped tomatoes mixed in with tortilla chips, and i guess that was it. lemon bundt cake for desert. it was low key, their family and ours, surprising lack of beverages. left at halftime to watch the rest at home, which was a good move because they have a small tv (probably 35"?) and got to watch the rest on mine.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JT99 » 05 Feb 2018, 12:33

Rodney Farva wrote:i'm wrong so often, skinman, who can really keep track.

for the superb owl party, the missus found a recipe to make a philly cheesesteak ring. basically cooked steak ums, sauteed onions and peppers, and some provolone wrapped with crescent roll dough, formed into a ring and baked. goddam that was good. the friends we were at also had pulled pork that was okay, chili that was really good, a dip that's basically melted velveeta with some chopped tomatoes mixed in with tortilla chips, and i guess that was it. lemon bundt cake for desert. it was low key, their family and ours, surprising lack of beverages. left at halftime to watch the rest at home, which was a good move because they have a small tv (probably 35"?) and got to watch the rest on mine.

whatcha got on the wall? #55OrGoHome
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Feb 2018, 12:34

JT99 wrote:

55, not on the wall but on top of a cabinet.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JT99 » 05 Feb 2018, 12:42

Rodney Farva wrote:
JT99 wrote:

55, not on the wall but on top of a cabinet.

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.