The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Postby the cheese » 09 Jan 2018, 15:51

BLTs are ok.

BALTs are good.

TABLEs are great.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 09 Jan 2018, 15:59

arugula >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spinach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> field

best use of iceberg is a wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing and bacon, maybe toss a couple halved cherry tomatoes on there for shits 'n giggles
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BigJohnStudd » 09 Jan 2018, 16:08

Still baffles me that "wedge salad" is a thing. That's just a chunk of lettuce, du.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2018, 16:15

BigJohnStudd wrote:Still baffles me that "wedge salad" is a thing. That's just a chunk of lettuce, du.

THIS.

Additional thoughts...

I swear he's ranked lettuces before. I know we have, and he steals all our ideas so I think this is a repeat.

Iceberg is way too high. I am OK with the appeal of this stuff for the crunch. For that reason it's good on burgers and BLTs and such. But it has no flavor and presumably little to no nutritional value. I also associate it with poor people for some reason. I think because it's all my mom ever bought when we were kids, and then when we grew up and moved out and Papa Wolf started making real coin, they expanded their lettuce game. So now I always just assume that iceberg is cheap and trashy, even though I literally have no idea if it costs less than other lettuces.

I've shared this opinion before, but I'll share it again. Arugula is the most overrated green out there. It's perfectly acceptable as a complementary green. But if you use it as the base for a salad, it's too strong of a flavor and ends up overpowering the other ingredients. Virtually every menu item I've ever seen that lists arugula as an ingredient overdoes it, and I end up scraping like 70% of it into a pile on the side of my plate that I won't touch. Moderation, people. Moderation.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 09 Jan 2018, 16:27

arugula tossed with a little bit of olive oil and some salt is fantastic. you don't need anything else with it. it's also great as a topping added to pizza after it's been cooked.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2018, 16:41

Rodney Farva wrote:arugula tossed with a little bit of olive oil and some salt is fantastic. you don't need anything else with it. it's also great as a topping added to pizza after it's been cooked.

It's the arugula on pizza that makes me GRRR. It's fine in small doses, as I said. But I've been served too many pizzas that have like 18 ounces of arugula on them. Fuck you, pizza places.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 09 Jan 2018, 17:01

TheWolf wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:arugula tossed with a little bit of olive oil and some salt is fantastic. you don't need anything else with it. it's also great as a topping added to pizza after it's been cooked.

It's the arugula on pizza that makes me GRRR. It's fine in small doses, as I said. But I've been served too many pizzas that have like 18 ounces of arugula on them. Fuck you, pizza places.

There's a fancy-ish pizza place that we like that has a good pizza i like with arug on it, but the q.c. of the arug quantity is way off from pie to pie. One trip might have the perfect amount, the next looks like the dumped the whole box.

I like to buy the 50/50 boxes of baby spinach and mixed greens when we do salads. Good variety, it comes pre-washed, I feel virtuous because I'm not just eating crispy solid vegetable water.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 Jan 2018, 17:33

Bunch of salad tossers.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 09 Jan 2018, 21:31

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Bunch of salad tossers.

We made steak salad tonight. NY Strip on the grill, 50/50 greens/baby spinach mix, cucumber, cherry tomato, bacon, avocado, tiny sprinkle of bleu cheese, simple vinaigrette dressing. It was lovely.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2018, 21:36

the cheese wrote:

We made steak salad tonight. NY Strip on the grill, 50/50 greens/baby spinach mix, cucumber, cherry tomato, bacon, avocado, tiny sprinkle of bleu cheese, simple vinaigrette dressing. It was lovely.

Sounds very tasty.

I made shake and bake pork chops in an effort to get dinner on the table quickly and with as little effort as possible. Not the shit from the box, but essentially shake and bake. My wife and kids thought it was chicken, lol. I paired it with leftover potatoes au gratin and some green beans. It was a meal.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 09 Jan 2018, 21:37

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sounds very tasty.

I made shake and bake pork chops in an effort to get dinner on the table quickly and with as little effort as possible. Not the shit from the box, but essentially shake and bake. My wife and kids thought it was chicken, lol. I paired it with leftover potatoes au gratin and some green beans. It was a meal.

That was my mom's go-to for years.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dthefritz » 09 Jan 2018, 21:42

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sounds very tasty.

Burger salad is a great lazy meal.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2018, 21:50

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sounds very tasty.

Your mom has been my go-to for years (sorry, couldn't leave that one hanging).
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 09 Jan 2018, 22:41

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sounds very tasty.

Your mom has been my go-to for years (sorry, couldn't leave that one hanging).

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Theny » 10 Jan 2018, 05:10

I've convinced my kids that pork chops are steak.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.