The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The battle for dignity: What are you eating?

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 May 2017, 11:39

thought the boy and i would eat out tonight so gave the manservant the night off. turns out we stayed in, the kid got himself a pizza and i got wacky with some leftovers.

took a grill pan with raised ridges, put a little olive oil in, and heated up some left over breaded chicken breast cutlets, and surrounded them in the pan with other leftovers - brown rice, carrots, and broccoli. once the chicken was warmed through and the outside really brown on both sides, i put cheese slices on the cutlets, added a touch of water to the pan and covered it. once the cheese was melty and everything good and hot i took the chicken out and put it on a bed of spinach leaves. threw some dijon mustard in the pan and mixed the other ingredients all together along with the browned leftover scrapings from the chicken, then put the frenchie fried rice on top of the chicken and spinach. damned fine eating.

for dessert i made myself a loaded milk shake, whirring around in the blender vanilla ice cream, fresh mango (it's mango season) and emptying out a bottle i had left of old english toffee vodka. no milk, added in more ice cream to keep it thick. deelish.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 May 2017, 17:03

Learned today that J Tim's has "buffacue" dirt wings off the menu. They're fantastic.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 12 May 2017, 20:59

Frank the Tank wrote:Learned today that J Tim's has "buffacue" dirt wings off the menu. They're fantastic.

They sound fantastic. Need to try those soon.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby babylurch » 14 May 2017, 12:07

I cooked bratwurst for dinner last night. It went well until toward the end, when I turned them one more time. I was using tongs, and as soon as the bratwurst cleared the side of the pan it ejaculated on me. Pretty substantial amount of amount of grease shot about 6 inches from over the stove onto my shirt.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby mj3528 » 17 May 2017, 15:49

This is interesting:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/the-best-wing-spot-in-every-state/ss-BBAmsnP?li=BBnb7Kz

Dew Drop Inn, Derby

With more than 80 sauce options, it's no wonder the Dew Drop Inn won the title of Best Wings in Connecticut in 2016. The sauce options sound insane but are totally worth trying. Notable mentions are cajun taco butter, cucumber wasabi, parm butter bacon, strawberry habanero, suicide (we imagine they're deathly hot?), and s'mores.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 17 May 2017, 15:53

mj3528 wrote:This is interesting:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/the-best-wing-spot-in-every-state/ss-BBAmsnP?li=BBnb7Kz

Dew Drop Inn, Derby

With more than 80 sauce options, it's no wonder the Dew Drop Inn won the title of Best Wings in Connecticut in 2016. The sauce options sound insane but are totally worth trying. Notable mentions are cajun taco butter, cucumber wasabi, parm butter bacon, strawberry habanero, suicide (we imagine they're deathly hot?), and s'mores.

FAKE NEWS!
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 May 2017, 16:22

I did the El Diablo Challenge at NHs place. They were hot. Thanks.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 17 May 2017, 16:27

Gregs Kite wrote:I did the El Diablo Challenge at NHs place. They were hot. Thanks.

Please detail this El Diablo Challenge, your performance and if you were successful. If yes, what prize did you receive? Thanks.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 May 2017, 16:30

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:I did the El Diablo Challenge at NHs place. They were hot. Thanks.

Please detail this El Diablo Challenge, your performance and if you were successful. If yes, what prize did you receive? Thanks.

I think it was ten wings in ten minutes. No drink, no napkins until you finished.

I succeeded. Lots of snot.

ETA: the prize was getting the wings Prez style and a picture on the wall.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 17 May 2017, 16:35

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I think it was ten wings in ten minutes. No drink, no napkins until you finished.

I succeeded. Lots of snot.

ETA: the prize was getting the wings Prez style and a picture on the wall.

thanks. I hope you didn't have your ridiculous beard at the time of the challenge. that would have been messy.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 17 May 2017, 17:51

Lol @ Prez style.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby babylurch » 17 May 2017, 19:24

Dew Drop Inn, Derby

Pretty good. Much greater variety than JT.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 May 2017, 14:54

babylurch wrote:

Dew Drop Inn, Derby

Pretty good. Much greater variety than JT.

I have heard good things about the Dew Drop, but haven't tried them. I guess part of it is how much you value variety. If you're comparing buffalo to buffalo, I'm guessing J Tim's is better.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TVF wannabe » 22 May 2017, 15:00

If your sauces are smores and thin mint, I dont care if you have 1000 options only about 5 are worth a damn, foh with smore wings.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 May 2017, 15:02

What if they're available for a good, fair price?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.