Whats The Deal With Home-Work?

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Whats The Deal With Home-Work?

Postby jman » 07 Mar 2017, 15:03

mister bacon wrote:dryer vent cleaning guy... is an actual profession? or does he do chimneys too?

They do duct cleaning (whole house and dryer) and repair in general. A couple companies I looked at do chimneys as well but most are HVAC guys.

Look at some of the websites about dryer fires and they try to scare the living shit out of you to have your dryer vent professionally cleaned once a year. Guys are probably fucking millionaires.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Rodney Farva » 07 Mar 2017, 15:06

jman wrote:so I go buy a decent length vent snake

what are you going to do with it now that you've discovered it's too short for your house? try to list it on craigslist or somewhere as "nearly new"?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mj3528 » 07 Mar 2017, 15:11

Rodney Farva wrote:

what are you going to do with it now that you've discovered it's too short for your house? try to list it on craigslist or somewhere as "nearly new"?

I had a client who played college baseball will Tru Indian Paul Assenmacher. Assenmacher was moving his daughter into her college apartment. Someone took a dook and clogged up the toilet. Assenmacher went and bought a snake from home depot to address the clog. He did it with no problem, and then knew his daughter and friends would never use it so went to return it to home depot.

As he was returning the very snake he just used, he ran into a friend at home depot who asked him what he was doing there. Assenmacher did not want to tell him because his friend was a stand up comedian, and Assenmanher told him he would use it for his act. His stand up comic friend was Jeff Foxworthy.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby jman » 07 Mar 2017, 15:19

Rodney Farva wrote:

It was like $10 for a whole dryer cleaning kit. After the amount I've dropped on this fiasco I will have no problem parting ways with it. Or I'll figure out a way to take the vent apart and clean it out in sections. But right now I just want the damn thing done.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Theny » 07 Mar 2017, 17:01

mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

I had a client who played college baseball will Tru Indian Paul Assenmacher. Assenmacher was moving his daughter into her college apartment. Someone took a dook and clogged up the toilet. Assenmacher went and bought a snake from home depot to address the clog. He did it with no problem, and then knew his daughter and friends would never use it so went to return it to home depot.

As he was returning the very snake he just used, he ran into a friend at home depot who asked him what he was doing there. Assenmacher did not want to tell him because his friend was a stand up comedian, and Assenmanher told him he would use it for his act. His stand up comic friend was Jeff Foxworthy.

Cool story Hansel.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Mar 2017, 10:38

I didn't want to one-up the Jew in the GRR thread, but his post jogged my memory. I went to the hardware store to buy a replacement trash barrel lid and they wouldn't sell me the lid by itself. I thought this was ludicrous. I didn't need a new barrel, I needed a new lid. Just sell me the lid! I wanted to punch the guy in the face and then lean over him and defecate on his chest.

JK, I'm not a petulant child, I said okay and left.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 10:51

Who calls it a trash barrel?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Mar 2017, 10:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Who calls it a trash barrel?

Who doesn't?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 13 Mar 2017, 10:56

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Who calls it a trash barrel?

Who doesn't?

Everyone except you.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Mar 2017, 11:04

it is a trash can or a garbage can unless somehow your neighborhood uses oil barrels as trash cans. which, philly, so probably.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 13 Mar 2017, 12:46

SouthernYokel wrote:it is a trash can or a garbage can unless somehow your neighborhood uses oil barrels as trash cans. which, philly, so probably.

That's has to be a very New England thing.

Like bubbler, tonic, soda, sofa, rummage sale, etc.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 13 Mar 2017, 12:59

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:it is a trash can or a garbage can unless somehow your neighborhood uses oil barrels as trash cans. which, philly, so probably.

That's has to be a very New England thing.

Like bubbler, tonic, soda, sofa, rummage sale, etc.

packie, southie, northie, eastie, westie, rozzie, Marky, Ricky, Danny, Terry, Mikey, Davey, Timmy, Tommy, Joey, Robby, Johnny, barnies, dunkies, hoodsies, morgie's, townie.....
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Mar 2017, 13:15

I woulda figured the trailer park had a community dumpsta.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Magnum » 13 Mar 2017, 15:40

I have never heard anyone call it trash barrel.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Mar 2017, 07:53

Four years as a homeowner. Only 11 years more of debt payments!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.