SOTSG Personal Grooming Thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: SOTSG Personal Grooming Thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Apr 2015, 10:15

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:i stopped using antipersperant and switched to straight deodorant last fall. i'm thinking of switching back for summer. sweaty pits aint a good look.

just put oxiclean in with your detergent in the wash. keeps out the yellow from the antiperspirant. also, welcome back to club Parkinsons, we missed you

I WILL be trying this.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Apr 2015, 13:12

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:i stopped using antipersperant and switched to straight deodorant last fall. i'm thinking of switching back for summer. sweaty pits aint a good look.

just put oxiclean in with your detergent in the wash. keeps out the yellow from the antiperspirant. also, welcome back to club Parkinsons, we missed you

I WILL be trying this.

it's best as a preventative measure but it actually took some of the yellow out of some workout shirts i had. it won't get the really destroyed ones back to normal, but after a few washes it will get them to where you arent keeping your arms by your sides out of embarrassment.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Jan 2018, 15:59

this seems like something that has probably been discussed at some point in time, i don't really feel like going through this whole thread tho...does anyone have any experience with the dollar shave club? thoughts? i currently use gillette fusion. word is, it's the best a man can get! and i do like it. but if i can save on something that's just as good or close to it then why not.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 10 Jan 2018, 16:15

Dr Jeckyll wrote:this seems like something that has probably been discussed at some point in time, i don't really feel like going through this whole thread tho...does anyone have any experience with the dollar shave club? thoughts? i currently use gillette fusion. word is, it's the best a man can get! and i do like it. but if i can save on something that's just as good or close to it then why not.

I also use Gillette Fusion, and have wondered about this Dollar Shave Club business. If no one has an answer here, I nominate you to be the guinea pig. But please remember that this job includes offering your opinion of the service after trying it. :mrgreen:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 10 Jan 2018, 16:18

TheWolf wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:this seems like something that has probably been discussed at some point in time, i don't really feel like going through this whole thread tho...does anyone have any experience with the dollar shave club? thoughts? i currently use gillette fusion. word is, it's the best a man can get! and i do like it. but if i can save on something that's just as good or close to it then why not.

I also use Gillette Fusion, and have wondered about this Dollar Shave Club business. If no one has an answer here, I nominate you to be the guinea pig. But please remember that this job includes offering your opinion of the service after trying it. :mrgreen:

Opt out procedure is supposed to be ridiculous. Like all of these subscription services.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Jan 2018, 16:21

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Opt out procedure is supposed to be ridiculous. Like all of these subscription services.

ty, doesn't sound like something i'd want to deal with.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Jan 2018, 16:25

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I feel like you'd be able to sting the phone cancellation rep pretty good tho.

"I can make a special deal for you though if you just..."
"Brain cancer"
"..."
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 10 Jan 2018, 16:26

SouthernYokel wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

"Brain cancer"
"..."

I'm sorry Doc, but this one tickled me pretty damn good. I'm enjoying your work today, Yokel.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Jan 2018, 16:44

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

"Brain cancer"
"..."

I'm sorry Doc, but this one tickled me pretty damn good. I'm enjoying your work today, Yokel.

no problem. not really related but somehow i'm reminded, i'm in a FF league with some people i knew from college. i don't really consider most of them friends since i don't talk to or see them anymore except through this league. one guy who was in the league died last year, he had a wife and kid. there was a collections page to help at the time so i donated some $$ at that time. this season some guy in the league during the season said if he won he was going to donate his winnings to her and people were agreeing with him left and right. so i came in 4th place and was going to come out with $80, i didn't want to come across like a bad guy and be the only one in the league not to donate, so i was texting with her and asked for her email address. i sent her an $80 amazon gift card, she acted annoyed bc i sent her a gift card rather than sending her the $ through paypal #-o . i felt like she should just be grateful i was giving her money. so am i being an insensitive jerk or is she being a bitch? sons?
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 10 Jan 2018, 16:46

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

"Brain cancer"
"..."

no problem. not really related but somehow i'm reminded, i'm in a FF league with some people i knew from college. i don't really consider most of them friends since i don't talk to or see them anymore except through this league. one guy who was in the league died last year, he had a wife and kid. there was a collections page to help at the time so i donated some $$ at that time. this season some guy in the league during the season said if he won he was going to donate his winnings to her and people were agreeing with him left and right. so i came in 4th place and was going to come out with $80, i didn't want to come across like a bad guy and be the only one in the league not to donate, so i was texting with her and asked for her email address. i sent her an $80 amazon gift card, she acted annoyed bc i sent her a gift card rather than sending her the $ through paypal #-o . i felt like she should just be grateful i was giving her money. so am i being an insensitive jerk or is she being a bitch? sons?

She is being a bitch, but under the circumstances probably she is entitled to some slack here.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 10 Jan 2018, 16:46

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

"Brain cancer"
"..."

I think it's weird that you bothered to buy a gift card instead of just sending her the money. But an Amazon gift card is essentially cash, so she's being a bitch for having a problem with this.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Jan 2018, 16:47

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

"Brain cancer"
"..."

You're more than in the clear there.

Also "Her husband died, what can we do to help? "I know - our fantasy football dues!" Ok.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Jan 2018, 16:48

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

"Brain cancer"
"..."

I probably would have asked for her physical address and sent her the cash instead of an e-gift but complaining about receiving something from a relative stranger seems odd.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 10 Jan 2018, 17:01

Fuck, in 2018, for a parent? An Amazon giftcard is just as valuable as cash because it's just going to go there anyway. Might as well be bitcoin.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Jan 2018, 17:01

Shoulda just given her the D.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.