#SPREADSHEET

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: #SPREADSHEET

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Feb 2017, 15:45

TheWolf wrote:I prefer shopping at Lowes because I feel like the stores are generally just cleaner, they actually keep all their lumber carts in an easy to find place, basically it just feels kind of more "upscale" to me but isn't noticeably more expensive. Maybe that's just my local stores, but I like Lowes better.

I agree with that up here, but I dunno how that translates nationwide. Generally, the employees at the Home Depots near me seem to give less than zero fucks. Getting assistance there is virtually impossible.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 08 Feb 2017, 15:46

TheWolf wrote:I prefer shopping at Lowes because I feel like the stores are generally just cleaner, they actually keep all their lumber carts in an easy to find place, basically it just feels kind of more "upscale" to me but isn't noticeably more expensive. Maybe that's just my local stores, but I like Lowes better.

#ManlyAF
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Prez » 08 Feb 2017, 15:49

Frank the Tank wrote:

I agree with that up here, but I dunno how that translates nationwide. Generally, the employees at the Home Depots near me seem to give less than zero fucks. Getting assistance there is virtually impossible.

I am also in the Lowe's >> Home Depot group. It doesn't hurt that I have a Lowe's only 1.5 miles from my house. Home Depot is fine if it's closer, but Lowe's is a nicer cleaner store.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Goose » 08 Feb 2017, 15:52

Prez wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

I am also in the Lowe's >> Home Depot group. It doesn't hurt that I have a Lowe's only 1.5 miles from my house. Home Depot is fine if it's closer, but Lowe's is a nicer cleaner store.

I find Lowe's nicer, but think Home Depot is better if you're looking for construction material over home improvement products. I generally go to Lowe's b/c it's less than five minutes away, while Home Depot is about 20 minutes away.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby TVF wannabe » 08 Feb 2017, 15:58

Frank the Tank wrote:

Add me to the Lowe's camp for all the above reasons, Lowe's will help and home depot won't. Lowe's will give advice and if you need to get anything cut good luck dealing with Home depot.

If you're buying a lot of shit they both have some kind of program that you can join and save a boatload on your initial purchase.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Feb 2017, 16:00

TVF wannabe wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

Add me to the Lowe's camp for all the above reasons, Lowe's will help and home depot won't. Lowe's will give advice and if you need to get anything cut good luck dealing with Home depot.

If you're buying a lot of shit they both have some kind of program that you can join and save a boatload on your initial purchase.

I've never been to Home Depot where it didn't take less than three people and walking four hundred feet to answer my question.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 08 Feb 2017, 16:03

Gregs Kite wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

I've never been to Home Depot where it didn't take less than three people and walking four hundred feet to answer my question.

I am surprised at the national agreement on the superiority of Lowe's over Home Depot. My experiences are the same in both Ohio and Utah.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Feb 2017, 16:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

this happens to me at both places. i have no real preference between the two, whichever is closer. for me that's lowes.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby CourtesyFlush » 08 Feb 2017, 16:06

Count me in the Lowe's >>>> Home Depot camp as well. HD seems to cater more to the contractor types. I'm not one of Theny's Guats, you know.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Feb 2017, 16:09

Lowe's it is. Bam, another L taken by Arthur Blank.
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Feb 2017, 16:14

Lowes is a hardware store for women. No wonder why SOTSG prefers it.

I'm in the same camp as Yokel though, closest one wins for me which is also Lowes.

You all miss out not having Menards though.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Feb 2017, 16:15

Briandong79 wrote:Lowes is a hardware store for women. No wonder why SOTSG prefers it.

I'm in the same camp as Yokel though, closest one wins for me which is also Lowes.

You all miss out not having Menards though.

i know Menards because of nascar. never been in one doe
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Goose » 08 Feb 2017, 16:22

Here's a quick Lowe's story that I may have already told. One Saturday my dryer stopped drying. I took it apart and there was some sort of fault in the heating module. Of course they're built in molded plastic cubes that plug into the dryer housing, so you can't just open it up and replace a wire or resistor or whatever's broken. Well a new module costs almost as much as a new dryer and takes a few days to be delivered, so I just decided to buy a new dryer. Plus, if my diagnosis is wrong I'm out the money and still don't have a working dryer.

I do a quick online search of Home Depot vs. Lowe's dryers and Lowe's has the best price. I drive to Lowe's and tell the guy that I want to buy the dryer. Part of their policy is that they'll deliver the new one and pick up the old one for free. They have the dryer in stock at the store and they can deliver it on Tuesday. I tell him that I've got wet laundry at home and we have a bunch more to do, so I'd like to take the dryer with me and they can just pick up the old one on Tuesday.

I immediately see his brain shorting out. He has to get a manager. She comes around and cannot seem to comprehend my request at all. I tell her that she can just schedule the delivery, mark the form that the customer already took the dryer and just pick the old one up.

I try to explain it to her again in very small words and hand gestures.
I buy the dryer.
I take it home.
You just pick up the old one.

She just doesn't understand how it can work and calls somebody. Apparently it can't be done. I G-R-R-R my way out of there and head to the Sears outlet down the street. I end up with a much cheaper dryer (mainly b/c of a ding on the side, but who ever sees the side of a dryer), come home and wire the old 230V plug to it and we're back in the laundry business. The next Saturday I hauled the old dryer to the scrap yard and got almost $2 for it.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Feb 2017, 16:34

that is an everywhere problem. imagine if she had understood your request and wanted to help you and then tried to make the scheduling program in the computer accept the non-standard delivery.

OBJECT REFERENCE ERROR, AN EXCEPTION HAS BEEN THROWN BY THE TARGET OF AN INVOCATION
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TVF wannabe » 08 Feb 2017, 16:39

Our local Home Depot had a succah center and the Lowe's hadn't heard of it, they arent perfect but for a guy with basically 2 left hands they work better for me.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.