#SPREADSHEET

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: #SPREADSHEET

Postby the cheese » 28 Sep 2015, 11:14

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I don't get what's in it for the buyer. Mortgage rates are going to go up. Why buy a 3% mortgage for 12.5 years?

You gotta get your return somehow, and 3% is still better than a T-Bill.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 28 Sep 2015, 11:18

the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I don't get what's in it for the buyer. Mortgage rates are going to go up. Why buy a 3% mortgage for 12.5 years?

If mortgages are anything like most recurring payment models, then almost all your churn is up front and once you get past a certain aging of the cohort your default rate drops dramatically.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 28 Sep 2015, 11:27

chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:

If mortgages are anything like most recurring payment models, then almost all your churn is up front and once you get past a certain aging of the cohort your default rate drops dramatically.

Yep. Also, the bulk of all mortgages (something like 85%) run no longer than 7 years, and typically that's where the second tranche of most MBS pay off. Your mortgage is a great investment for somebody that needs to have the risk free rate plus 3-5 to generate the return required for a bunch of baby-boomer retirees but isn't allowed to invest in anything below BBB.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 29 Sep 2015, 11:51

Mortgages sell more in an uncertain interest rate environment. I think there's a lot of churn out there right now.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Feb 2017, 15:12

Got tired of looking for the homework thread so this'll do. Closed on my joint last week, need to do some minor touch ups before I move in. Mainly painting the walls and the interior doors. Also wanna add a backsplash while I'm st it. Any tips for a first time son doing all of this? Shit is not difficult and I'm capable of doing it so I'm not interested in having someone do it for me. Thanks!
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Feb 2017, 15:15

Jew Jitsu wrote:Got tired of looking for the homework thread so this'll do. Closed on my joint last week, need to do some minor touch ups before I move in. Mainly painting the walls and the interior doors. Also wanna add a backsplash while I'm st it. Any tips for a first time son doing all of this? Shit is not difficult and I'm capable of doing it so I'm not interested in having someone do it for me. Thanks!

i shocked the fuck out of myself putting the backsplash behind my old house's stovetop. the hood was on a different circuit than the stove and the circuit breaker was not labeled well. so...if it's an older house, check that shit carefully or kill all the power.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 08 Feb 2017, 15:17

SouthernYokel wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Got tired of looking for the homework thread so this'll do. Closed on my joint last week, need to do some minor touch ups before I move in. Mainly painting the walls and the interior doors. Also wanna add a backsplash while I'm st it. Any tips for a first time son doing all of this? Shit is not difficult and I'm capable of doing it so I'm not interested in having someone do it for me. Thanks!

i shocked the fuck out of myself putting the backsplash behind my old house's stovetop. the hood was on a different circuit than the stove and the circuit breaker was not labeled well. so...if it's an older house, check that shit carefully or kill all the power.

Just kill all the power.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Feb 2017, 15:17

Duly noted. How long did it take you yokel?
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Goose » 08 Feb 2017, 15:18

SouthernYokel wrote:

Get used to making trips to Home Depot and make sure to have plenty of cold beer on hand.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Feb 2017, 15:19

Home Depot or Lowes? Which one is better or are they the same shit?
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Feb 2017, 15:19

Jew Jitsu wrote:Duly noted. How long did it take you yokel?

it's really easy if you're just tiling it. like 20 minutes, max. i spent more time whining about my hand getting shocked than i did putting the backsplash up.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Feb 2017, 15:20

SouthernYokel wrote:
it's really easy if you're just tiling it. like 20 minutes, max. i spent more time whining about my hand getting shocked than i did putting the backsplash up.

Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

What's The Deal with Home-Work, anyways?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 Feb 2017, 15:41

Jew Jitsu wrote:Home Depot or Lowes? Which one is better or are they the same shit?

For most stuff it's the same shit. They do carry different brands of appliances so if you're shopping for a big ticket item like a refrigerator you'll get vastly different selections at each.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 08 Feb 2017, 15:43

I prefer shopping at Lowes because I feel like the stores are generally just cleaner, they actually keep all their lumber carts in an easy to find place, basically it just feels kind of more "upscale" to me but isn't noticeably more expensive. Maybe that's just my local stores, but I like Lowes better.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 08 Feb 2017, 15:45

Jew Jitsu wrote:Home Depot or Lowes? Which one is better or are they the same shit?

Don't matter. Buy builder's grade everything if at all possible because one of your dipshit tenants is going to ruin every single appliance in that house at some point or another.
Last edited by the cheese on 08 Feb 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
the cheese
The Douche

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.