Stuff white people like

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Stuff white people like

Postby TheWolf » 31 Jan 2017, 09:54

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I am fascinated by the amount of NPR that is consumed by this board (or at least you two).

Emmylou Harris

People listen to non-music/sports talk radio voluntarily?

I also listen to comedy.

I could not name one NPR show, nor tell you where to find it on my radio dial.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jan 2017, 09:55

Briandong79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I am fascinated by the amount of NPR that is consumed by this board (or at least you two).

i grew up listening to npr every day in the car from the time i was four years old. when i was 8 years old i won a contest at a school assembly by naming all of the OPEC countries from memory and my class got a pizza party.

I just had a conversation about this at a Christmas party. I mentioned that I had never listened to an NPR program in my life and they were all aghast.

I haven't, either.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Jan 2017, 09:55

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Emmylou Harris

i quit sports talk, i can't with them anymore. i will say Trump is making it difficult for me to enjoy NPR these days as well. They can't stop talking about him and i'm just over here waiting for a story about salmon fishing in the Snake River.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2017, 10:05

Briandong79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

i grew up listening to npr every day in the car from the time i was four years old. when i was 8 years old i won a contest at a school assembly by naming all of the OPEC countries from memory and my class got a pizza party.

I just had a conversation about this at a Christmas party. I mentioned that I had never listened to an NPR program in my life and they were all aghast.

A conversation about NPR at a Christmas party.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any whiter....
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2017, 10:05

Briandong79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

I'll listen to NPR when I drive. Other than pledge drive time, its pretty even keeled (sound wise, not politically), has no commercial breaks, and I can just set it and forget it.

While there is plenty of better stuff on the radio (like music), between the commercials, the DJ blather, and hopping around some one station to the next, its too much work for me.

Nowadays if I am listening to music in the car, its going to be running off Spotify plugged into the aux line.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 31 Jan 2017, 10:10

I listened to NPR for a few years in college when I was delivering pizzas. It was either that or a shitty country station or a shitty classic rock station.

Haven't listened to any radio in several years. Always have my iPod in the car. When I still did, I was listening to the local public radio station (just people playing whatever music they wanted).
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby bosux » 31 Jan 2017, 10:11

Sirius XM ftw
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 Jan 2017, 11:07

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Always have my iPod in the car.

Embassy Suites.

I either listen to my ipod or the local classic rock station when I'm in the car.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 31 Jan 2017, 11:13

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Emmylou Harris

i quit sports talk, i can't with them anymore. i will say Trump is making it difficult for me to enjoy NPR these days as well. They can't stop talking about him and i'm just over here waiting for a story about salmon fishing in the Snake River.

Trump is making enjoying any news based media difficult these days.

The soothing, nasal tones of Mike McGrath as he reassures you that yes, you can put that miniature potted lemon tree in a bay window in the winter? Those are apolitical.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2017, 11:19

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Emmylou Harris

Trump is making enjoying any news based media difficult these days.

The soothing, nasal tones of Mike McGrath as he reassures you that yes, you can put that miniature potted lemon tree in a bay window in the winter? Those are apolitical.

The only time I used to listen to NPR was when I was driving all over Ohio for work, and sometimes that was the only station that could be heard. I remember one program/story on the payola scandal in radio. Dick Clark was very lucky to save his career. It was very interesting. I guess I should seek it out more.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2017, 12:24

i've never listened to NPR by choice
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 31 Jan 2017, 12:47

Rodney Farva wrote:i've never listened to NPR by choice

You a big BBC World fan? Nothing beats their opening litany of daily disaster....We are following a ferry capsizing in the Straits of Hormuz. 200 feared dead. Meanwhile shelling continues in Aleppo. Everyone is dead.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2017, 12:54

chrisco wrote:

You a big BBC World fan? Nothing beats their opening litany of daily disaster....We are following a ferry capsizing in the Straits of Hormuz. 200 feared dead. Meanwhile shelling continues in Aleppo. Everyone is dead.

You jest, but that sort of knowledge is powerful during heated arguments over tea at the club. Imagine the look on Thurston when you drop that nugget on him!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 31 Jan 2017, 12:57

chrisco wrote:

i don't listen to BBC radio. will occasionally watch BBC Word tv news.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 31 Jan 2017, 13:38

Rodney Farva wrote:
chrisco wrote:

i don't listen to BBC radio. will occasionally watch BBC Word tv news videos.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.