Your hood--pros and cons

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Your hood--pros and cons

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2018, 16:42

chrisco wrote:5pointz, the Queens graffiti mecca got whitewashed two nights ago.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/5-p ... -1.1521660

I happened to be driving by it the day before and decided to stop because I heard they were tearing down the building. I only checked one side because I parked illegally. Had I known, I would have spent more time. :sniff:

I'm going to miss seeing biggie staring back at me on the 7.

I can't find it but I posted a sweet wedding photo from there a couple years back.

Some of you might remember this. It ended up costing the landlord $6.7 million bucks in a landmark Visual Artists Rights Act ruling . He's paying it to the graffiti guys he painted over. :shock:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/nyre ... gment.html

IIRC, 5pointz and the developer had a deal in place where he'd leave their stuff up for some amount of time before tearing the building down. He ended up white washing it in the middle of the night because he didn't want there to be a scene on the last day there (maybe he was scared of some hail mary preservation act). Nuts to think that's what this is costing him.

Anyway condos are going up on the site now and they look like every other piece of condo construction in LIC/Queens Plaza.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 14 Feb 2018, 16:47

chrisco wrote:
chrisco wrote:5pointz, the Queens graffiti mecca got whitewashed two nights ago.

I happened to be driving by it the day before and decided to stop because I heard they were tearing down the building. I only checked one side because I parked illegally. Had I known, I would have spent more time. :sniff:

I can't find it but I posted a sweet wedding photo from there a couple years back.

Some of you might remember this. It ended up costing the landlord $6.7 million bucks in a landmark Visual Artists Rights Act ruling . He's paying it to the graffiti guys he painted over. :shock:

IIRC, 5pointz and the developer had a deal in place where he'd leave their stuff up for some amount of time before tearing the building down. He ended up white washing it in the middle of the night because he didn't want there to be a scene on the last day there (maybe he was scared of some hail mary preservation act). Nuts to think that's what this is costing him.

Anyway condos are going up on the site now and they look like every other piece of condo construction in LIC/Queens Plaza.

Nuts to think that you can vandalize someone else's property and be paid millions of dollars if the property owner removes it.

When I rented a house after my divorce, part of my renter duties was to paint over gang tags on the house. It was white painted brick and there was a part close to the sidewalk that got tagged about 4 times in a year. I probably owe those gangs damages.
Last edited by mj3528 on 14 Feb 2018, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2018, 16:54

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Nuts to think that you can vandalize someone else's property and be paid millions of dollars if the property owner removes it.

When I rented a house after my divorce, part of my renter duties was to paint over gang tags on the house. It was white painted brick and there was a part close to the sidewal that got tagged about 4 times in a year. I probably owe those gangs damages.

This wasn't vandalism. That building had a long history as a Graf showcase with the developer, artists, and city all in on it. The damages appear to be coming from him whitewashing before a 90 day intent to remove notification period was up.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mister bacon » 15 Feb 2018, 09:28

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:

bro do you even basquiat? graffiti is not the same thing as gang tagging. this is sad even by your standards.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Goose » Today, 15:22

Sheriffing can be pretty profitable.

Jike, explain this to me like I'm too lazy to look up the law.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Previous

Return to Misc.