Politics

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Politics

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Nov 2017, 10:56

BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:From what I can gather, if he wins, they'll seat him, and vote to remove him in about 4 minutes (his THIRD time kicked out of office!) At that point, I THINK Kay Ivey appoints someone to the spot for two years. Rumor is it will be Sessions.

I HOPE Bake can bring his Hoosier magic and get Doug in. Dude seems to be actually trying to help Alabamians rather than pumping up his Jeebus points.

Also, Al Franken is bad.

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

Do they vote to remove Franken?

with all these "Actually, Bill Clinton was bad" retrospectives, i sure hope they leave Franken alone. it would be poetic.

Franken is the heir of Wellstone. He doesn't go anywhere on his own, and I'm sure he'll run and win whenever his term is up.

prolly should avoid airplanes then
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BigJohnStudd » 16 Nov 2017, 11:00

SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:From what I can gather, if he wins, they'll seat him, and vote to remove him in about 4 minutes (his THIRD time kicked out of office!) At that point, I THINK Kay Ivey appoints someone to the spot for two years. Rumor is it will be Sessions.

I HOPE Bake can bring his Hoosier magic and get Doug in. Dude seems to be actually trying to help Alabamians rather than pumping up his Jeebus points.

Also, Al Franken is bad.

with all these "Actually, Bill Clinton was bad" retrospectives, i sure hope they leave Franken alone. it would be poetic.

Franken is the heir of Wellstone. He doesn't go anywhere on his own, and I'm sure he'll run and win whenever his term is up.

prolly should avoid airplanes then

Franken's chapter about Wellstone's funeral in "Lies, and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them" is instructive. But I couldn't get through whatever his next book was called, and they just got smugger and smugger after that.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 16 Nov 2017, 11:02

I miss Wellstone.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Nov 2017, 11:03

MisterTambourineMan wrote:I miss Wellstone.

went down the wikipedia hole on him a few minutes ago, that pilot of his plane. hooooo boy. worked up a real Frank Abagnale to get that pilot job.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 16 Nov 2017, 11:04

SouthernYokel wrote:

went down the wikipedia hole on him a few minutes ago, that pilot of his plane. hooooo boy. worked up a real Frank Abagnale to get that pilot job.

Probably did not receive many rounds of applause on landings. Certainly not for the last flight.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby BigJohnStudd » 16 Nov 2017, 11:06

He was a hypocrite who said he'd only serve two terms, then reneged. I was delighted when he died. God hates a liar, apparently.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby JichaelDick » 16 Nov 2017, 11:09

Damn, that got dark.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby chrisco » 16 Nov 2017, 11:15

BigJohnStudd wrote:

He was a hypocrite who said he'd only serve two terms, then reneged. I was delighted when he died. God hates a liar, apparently.

Did he have billions of dollars that he privately used to donate away every objection to him reneging and then changing the law so he could run again? /Bloomberg shoehorn
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BigJohnStudd » 16 Nov 2017, 11:21

chrisco wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:

Did he have billions of dollars that he privately used to donate away every objection to him reneging and then changing the law so he could run again? /Bloomberg shoehorn

Shoulda stuck with the Wellstone Express.

JichaelDick wrote:Damn, that got dark.

Keep in mind the ex-wife was a pretty big Dem supporter, and the crash was 5 days after she asked for the divorce. My perceptions may be a bit, how you say, tainted. I also cried tears of joy when Daschole didn't get the HHS position he and his pharmaceutical rep wife had been angling for for so long.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Rodney Farva » 16 Nov 2017, 12:03

he's still a human being. delighted when he died? damn, son(z).

this whole thing of mcconnell threatening to have moore expelled from the senate immediately if he wins, i dunno, democracy? pandora's slippery slope box? i don't see how they can toss the guy for behavior before he was elected, with no convictions. just give him time and he'll shortly screw up, or the thing with his wife's charity paying him will get big enough.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BigJohnStudd » 16 Nov 2017, 12:33

Rodney Farva wrote:he's still a human being. delighted when he died? damn, son(z).

this whole thing of mcconnell threatening to have moore expelled from the senate immediately if he wins, i dunno, democracy? pandora's slippery slope box? i don't see how they can toss the guy for behavior before he was elected, with no convictions. just give him time and he'll shortly screw up, or the thing with his wife's charity paying him will get big enough.

I agree with both of these paragraphs.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby mj3528 » 16 Nov 2017, 16:16

BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:

Also, Al Franken is bad.

Franken sounds like a guy prepared to resign with this statement:

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There’s more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it’s the only thing you care to hear, that’s fine—is: I’m sorry.

I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

For instance, that picture. I don’t know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn’t matter. There’s no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn’t funny. It’s completely inappropriate. It’s obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what’s more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

Coming from the world of comedy, I’ve told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren’t the point at all. It’s the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to come to terms with that.

While I don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Nov 2017, 16:21

mj3528 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:

Also, Al Franken is bad.

“The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There’s more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it’s the only thing you care to hear, that’s fine—is: I’m sorry.

I respect women. I don’t respect men who don’t. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

For instance, that picture. I don’t know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn’t matter. There’s no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn’t funny. It’s completely inappropriate. It’s obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what’s more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

Coming from the world of comedy, I’ve told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren’t the point at all. It’s the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to come to terms with that.

While I don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences.

I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them.”

...to me this sounds like a guy who knows it was just a dumb joke but also knows he and his pals have been playing this sexual assault bullshit up for political gain and just happens to have reached the azimuth of the bullshit right at the time when his dumb joke was made public. an ethics investigation into a photo of a guy pretending to grab tits over a kevlar vest. get right the fuck out of town.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 16 Nov 2017, 16:25

SouthernYokel wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:

Also, Al Franken is bad.

...to me this sounds like a guy who knows it was just a dumb joke but also knows he and his pals have been playing this sexual assault bullshit up for political gain and just happens to have reached the azimuth of the bullshit right at the time when his dumb joke was made public. an ethics investigation into a photo of a guy pretending to grab tits over a kevlar vest. get right the fuck out of town.

Yeah he sounds like someone who wants to just get his paddling over with now.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 16 Nov 2017, 17:23

i'm not 100 on the timing, but i believe others had already been calling for an ethics investigation of him before he released his statement.

i'm willing to entertain the possibility that he's actually contrite. call me a silly head if you must.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.