Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 May 2017, 12:07

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Re: Politics

Postby Briandong79 » 10 May 2017, 13:00

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The People's President

I enjoyed the actual article from GQ
http://www.gq.com/story/dwayne-johnson- ... dent-cover

By Caity Weaver, writer of my favorite Gawker-related site story ever....the quest for unlimited appetizers
http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for ... 1606122925
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 13:09

Briandong79 wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The People's President

I enjoyed the actual article from GQ
http://www.gq.com/story/dwayne-johnson- ... dent-cover

By Caity Weaver, writer of my favorite Gawker-related site story ever....the quest for unlimited appetizers
http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for ... 1606122925

My most popular facebook post of 2016 was my The Rock 2020 post on February 1, 2016.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 May 2017, 13:57

liberal fb feed blowing up congratulating people for booing and turning their backs on betsy devos when she spoke at a graduation speech in florida. i didn't read any of the stories because i can well imagine them.

hey fellow lefties, stop doing that. you don't like her, neither do i. but for fuck's sake, let's try to have a society here people. sit stonefaced and don't clap. but don't be rude and contribute further to the coarsening of political discourse.* doesn't help anyone, just riles up the right wing neanderthals.

* internet message boreds being the obvious exception in terms of where this is acceptable
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 14:08

Rodney Farva wrote:liberal fb feed blowing up congratulating people for booing and turning their backs on betsy devos when she spoke at a graduation speech in florida. i didn't read any of the stories because i can well imagine them.

hey fellow lefties, stop doing that. you don't like her, neither do i. but for fuck's sake, let's try to have a society here people. sit stonefaced and don't clap. but don't be rude and contribute further to the coarsening of political discourse.* doesn't help anyone, just riles up the right wing neanderthals.

* internet message boreds being the obvious exception in terms of where this is acceptable

I have different strands of this debate with a friend via facebook fairly frequently, and I typically take the opposite side. Civil discourse is dead and has been for a long while. Why would you give Betsy DeVos, whose public statements and policy are generally racist and ignorant, the pleasure and political victory of speaking her racist bullshit to a bunch black people without incident?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 May 2017, 14:40

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:liberal fb feed blowing up congratulating people for booing and turning their backs on betsy devos when she spoke at a graduation speech in florida. i didn't read any of the stories because i can well imagine them.

I have different strands of this debate with a friend via facebook fairly frequently, and I typically take the opposite side. Civil discourse is dead and has been for a long while. Why would you give Betsy DeVos, whose public statements and policy are generally racist and ignorant, the pleasure and political victory of speaking her racist bullshit to a bunch black people without incident?

I gotta go with Rodney here. Once we've decided political discourse is dead, and that sound bites and video clips and evisceration culture are all that matter, we've surrendered all hope. Anyone who wants to change this broken system has to be better than the system. #iknowiknow #pollyanna
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 May 2017, 14:44

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I gotta go with Rodney here. Once we've decided political discourse is dead, and that sound bites and video clips and evisceration culture are all that matter, we've surrendered all hope. Anyone who wants to change this broken system has to be better than the system. #iknowiknow #pollyanna

Let's take a step back--who at Bethune Cookman thought it was a good idea to bring in DeVos for commencement speaker? You'd have thought it would've been fully vetted. Maybe Steve Harvey or Stephen A. Smith could've stepped in as a last minute replacement.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 14:45

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I guess I don't see booing as that bad. She was given a platform, the students responded to her presence and presumably her words. She wasn't prevented from speaking and was never physically threatened. It was their graduation more than it was her opportunity to speak. Ascii shrug guy.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 14:47

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Let's take a step back--who at Bethune Cookman thought it was a good idea to bring in DeVos for commencement speaker? You'd have thought it would've been fully vetted. Maybe Steve Harvey or Stephen A. Smith could've stepped in as a last minute replacement.

methinks the Bethune Cookman administration may possibly perhaps have anticipated this reaction and it was exactly what they were looking for
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 14:49

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

methinks the Bethune Cookman administration may possibly perhaps have anticipated this reaction and it was exactly what they were looking for

Apparently the president took the microphone midway through and threatened to cancel the rest of the event if decorum did not improve. I do not think this had its desired effect. He may have been boo'd as well.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 10 May 2017, 14:49

SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Well there you go. You're smarter than I am.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 10 May 2017, 14:50

At this point isn't it assumed that no graduation speaker is ever "right" enough for commencement addresses? I feel like we had a rash of these last year including Condi Rice.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 14:53

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Apparently the president took the microphone midway through and threatened to cancel the rest of the event if decorum did not improve. I do not think this had its desired effect. He may have been boo'd as well.

hey now you kids take it easy on this racist ass cracker white bitch
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 10 May 2017, 14:53

chrisco wrote:At this point isn't it assumed that no graduation speaker is ever "right" enough for commencement addresses? I feel like we had a rash of these last year including Condi Rice.

It's a terribly boring tradition. Jesus, we had John McCain in 2005 and Andrew McCullough in 2008. McCain spent 25 minutes droning on about the threat of terrorism amid a fairly decent rainstorm and I was drunk AF for McCullough. McCain's speech writer did him no favors, but his oratory was frankly terrible.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 10 May 2017, 15:18

the cheese wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I guess I don't see booing as that bad. She was given a platform, the students responded to her presence and presumably her words. She wasn't prevented from speaking and was never physically threatened. It was their graduation more than it was her opportunity to speak. Ascii shrug guy.

hmmm maybe this had something to do with why they were pissed.

President Trump confused and angered advocates for historically black colleges Friday when he suggested that a key aid program for the institutions could be unconstitutional. But, amid criticism, Trump aides reached out to black-college supporters and said his Friday comment didn't mean he was going to change anything. And then on Sunday he issued a statement calling his support for the institutions “unwavering.”
The controversy is frustrating many black-college supporters, some of whom continue to doubt the Trump administration's professed commitment to their institutions, despite a highly publicized meeting when Trump invited HBCU leaders to the White House.
Some advocates said in interviews over the weekend that they were told the White House would clarify the president's views with a public statement of some kind. While he did issue a statement of support for black colleges Sunday night, he didn't explain why the program for black colleges was included on a list of programs he thought might be unconstitutional.

yeah the week after you make that kind of a statement if someone shows up to a historically black college to speak at a graduation they're gonna get booed and there's going to be a demonstration. it was completely appropriate.

one day maybe, just maybe, america will stop telling black people how we should react when america treats us like shit. but i doubt it.

as the son and brother of HBCU grads, and a HBCU grad myself all of you can eat an entire bag o dicks. tyia.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.