Politics

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Politics

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 13:39

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i am very much enjoying the walking back of the tax returns importance. it was a moronic thing to handwring about to begin with.


people who think they'll get something about russia from his tax returns are kidding themselves


This is true. Further, unless there's actual tax fraud on that return, no average American is going to care. Even if there is tax fraud on that return, no American is actually going to care. And no one is going to care that an S-Corp that owns a Trump property in Los Angeles received an equity investment of $50M and a $1B loan guarantee from an Icelandic bank in 2009, even if that Icelandic bank is a known front for various members of the Russian political class because everybody fell asleep when you tried to explain what an S-Corp did.


THIS!

Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

The moment that you reach the second paragraph, you've lost engagement.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Politics

Postby the cheese » 15 Mar 2017, 13:41

JT99 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i am very much enjoying the walking back of the tax returns importance. it was a moronic thing to handwring about to begin with.


people who think they'll get something about russia from his tax returns are kidding themselves


This is true. Further, unless there's actual tax fraud on that return, no average American is going to care. Even if there is tax fraud on that return, no American is actually going to care. And no one is going to care that an S-Corp that owns a Trump property in Los Angeles received an equity investment of $50M and a $1B loan guarantee from an Icelandic bank in 2009, even if that Icelandic bank is a known front for various members of the Russian political class because everybody fell asleep when you tried to explain what an S-Corp did.


THIS!

Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

The moment that you reach the second paragraph, you've lost engagement.


I stopped reading at THIS!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16634
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Politics

Postby JichaelDick » 15 Mar 2017, 15:41

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i am very much enjoying the walking back of the tax returns importance. it was a moronic thing to handwring about to begin with. This brings me to another "i hate the left" thought that is not about trump per-se (as i do not like him very much). I have the NPR news app. It pushes notifications to me when it thinks something is newsworthy. you'll be shocked, but the things it finds newsworthy are typically pretty damaging to conservatives. i would turn off the push notifications but i do like the breaking news alerts for non-political things.


Dear Left:

Trump will do stupid things, wait for them to occur. Do not force things where he beats you. It will be much better for you.


She deleted the Tweets, but Kristen Bell was SO EARNESTLY posting "Rachel Maddow is EXPOSING Trump right now" Tweets...3 hours after everyone had mocked her for being dumb. I catzed.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24678
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: Politics

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 15:46

the cheese wrote:
JT99 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i am very much enjoying the walking back of the tax returns importance. it was a moronic thing to handwring about to begin with.


people who think they'll get something about russia from his tax returns are kidding themselves


This is true. Further, unless there's actual tax fraud on that return, no average American is going to care. Even if there is tax fraud on that return, no American is actually going to care. And no one is going to care that an S-Corp that owns a Trump property in Los Angeles received an equity investment of $50M and a $1B loan guarantee from an Icelandic bank in 2009, even if that Icelandic bank is a known front for various members of the Russian political class because everybody fell asleep when you tried to explain what an S-Corp did.


THIS!

Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

The moment that you reach the second paragraph, you've lost engagement.


I stopped reading at THIS!


Image
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Politics

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 15 Mar 2017, 16:49

JT99 wrote:Image


Fuck Steve Francis.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake
 
Posts: 12054
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 14:23

Re: Politics

Postby the cheese » 15 Mar 2017, 17:33

xpost to Your Neighborhood Pros and Cons, MAGA

Former Daily Show feature subject, fetus food Oklahoma Senator arrested for child (male) prostitution.

He's the guy who introduced a bill to ban the use of fetuses in food. He also was the original political coordinator for Trump's Oklahoma operations.

Image

Apparently the day after he hung out with a young boy in a Super 8 motel room, he hung out with Donald Trump, Jr.

Image


I've almost gotten into a barfight with this guy because I accidentally bumped him (didn't know who it was) and he wouldn't let it go.

Last edited by the cheese on 15 Mar 2017, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16634
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Politics

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Mar 2017, 17:35

JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6403
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Politics

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 17:42

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.


I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Politics

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Mar 2017, 17:48

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.


I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.

There is still reasonable discourse for those who like to consume it. There's just more noise.

I think the 2004 election, for example, was just as contentious as last year's. And Kerry similarly struggled to have a concise 15 word message that showed the virtue of his campaign.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 6403
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Politics

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 17:51

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.


I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.

There is still reasonable discourse for those who like to consume it. There's just more noise.

I think the 2004 election, for example, was just as contentious as last year's. And Kerry similarly struggled to have a concise 15 word message that showed the virtue of his campaign.


Great take.

More noise is the best way of putting it.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Politics

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 18:05

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.


I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.

There is still reasonable discourse for those who like to consume it. There's just more noise.

I think the 2004 election, for example, was just as contentious as last year's. And Kerry similarly struggled to have a concise 15 word message that showed the virtue of his campaign.


Great take.

More noise is the best way of putting it.


What about other disturbances?

Sup Sco?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20275
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Politics

Postby babylurch » 16 Mar 2017, 06:20

I am confused about something with respect to Trump's tax return. I do not mean this as a political question, and certainly not as partisan. My recollection is that after one of the campaigns there was the allegation that Trump may have paid no taxes in some years. Again, my recollection is that Trump did not particular dispute that. I do not recall anyone-Trump surrogates, media, a CPA in Idaho-saying that of course he didn't pay nothing because of the AMT. I am puzzled as to why noone called BS on the claim that he could have paid no taxes. Unless I am wrong about how the AMT works, there must be a couple of million people who knew that it was wrong. Even if 90% of them had partisan or strategic reasons to keep the info to themselves, that still leaves a lot of people who could have said "Uh, guys, you're wrong."
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
User avatar
babylurch
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: 11 May 2006, 16:07
Location: 2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion

Re: Politics

Postby Theny » 16 Mar 2017, 06:41

babylurch wrote:I am confused about something with respect to Trump's tax return. I do not mean this as a political question, and certainly not as partisan. My recollection is that after one of the campaigns there was the allegation that Trump may have paid no taxes in some years. Again, my recollection is that Trump did not particular dispute that. I do not recall anyone-Trump surrogates, media, a CPA in Idaho-saying that of course he didn't pay nothing because of the AMT. I am puzzled as to why noone called BS on the claim that he could have paid no taxes. Unless I am wrong about how the AMT works, there must be a couple of million people who knew that it was wrong. Even if 90% of them had partisan or strategic reasons to keep the info to themselves, that still leaves a lot of people who could have said "Uh, guys, you're wrong."


I don't know man, he's self employed and owns all these corporations. Paying nothing one year wouldn't surprise me, and paying 38 million one year doesn't surprise me.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29780
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Politics

Postby mister bacon » 16 Mar 2017, 07:04

Theny wrote:
babylurch wrote:I am confused about something with respect to Trump's tax return. I do not mean this as a political question, and certainly not as partisan. My recollection is that after one of the campaigns there was the allegation that Trump may have paid no taxes in some years. Again, my recollection is that Trump did not particular dispute that. I do not recall anyone-Trump surrogates, media, a CPA in Idaho-saying that of course he didn't pay nothing because of the AMT. I am puzzled as to why noone called BS on the claim that he could have paid no taxes. Unless I am wrong about how the AMT works, there must be a couple of million people who knew that it was wrong. Even if 90% of them had partisan or strategic reasons to keep the info to themselves, that still leaves a lot of people who could have said "Uh, guys, you're wrong."


I don't know man, he's self employed and owns all these corporations. Paying nothing one year wouldn't surprise me, and paying 38 million one year doesn't surprise me.


yes pretty much. i help self-employed guys calculate their annual income for child support purposes, and i always ask the court to aggregate the last five years of returns rather than cherry picking one year for just this reason.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25201
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: The Real Racist

Re: Politics

Postby chrisco » 16 Mar 2017, 19:53

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.


I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.

There is still reasonable discourse for those who like to consume it. There's just more noise.

I think the 2004 election, for example, was just as contentious as last year's. And Kerry similarly struggled to have a concise 15 word message that showed the virtue of his campaign.


Great take.

More noise is the best way of putting it.


What about other disturbances?

Sup Sco?


I'll drink to that.

Where did you go? Are you here kite?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 10844
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: babylurch and 13 guests