Politics

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Politics

Postby the cheese » 15 Mar 2017, 17:33

xpost to Your Neighborhood Pros and Cons, MAGA

Former Daily Show feature subject, fetus food Oklahoma Senator arrested for child (male) prostitution.

He's the guy who introduced a bill to ban the use of fetuses in food. He also was the original political coordinator for Trump's Oklahoma operations.

Apparently the day after he hung out with a young boy in a Super 8 motel room, he hung out with Donald Trump, Jr.

I've almost gotten into a barfight with this guy because I accidentally bumped him (didn't know who it was) and he wouldn't let it go.

Last edited by the cheese on 15 Mar 2017, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Mar 2017, 17:35

JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

It's always worked that way. Just substitute political cartoons for memes.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 17:42

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:Like it or not, politics (and maybe everything) is now a "hot taek" and "meme" culture. If you can't explain your side's position in less than 15 words, you lose.

I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Mar 2017, 17:48

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

I dunno. I feel like there used to be a good bit of discourse and the people who were not engaged were, for the most part, quiet about everything. Heck, maybe they didn't even vote. People were also okay with reaching across the aisle so long as the appearance was that shit was getting done.

Now, it feels like people are proud of not caring about the other side and if you sign off on anything proposed by the other team, you are O-U-T.

There is still reasonable discourse for those who like to consume it. There's just more noise.

I think the 2004 election, for example, was just as contentious as last year's. And Kerry similarly struggled to have a concise 15 word message that showed the virtue of his campaign.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JT99 » 15 Mar 2017, 17:51

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

There is still reasonable discourse for those who like to consume it. There's just more noise.

I think the 2004 election, for example, was just as contentious as last year's. And Kerry similarly struggled to have a concise 15 word message that showed the virtue of his campaign.

Great take.

More noise is the best way of putting it.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 18:05

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Great take.

What about other disturbances?

Sup Sco?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby babylurch » 16 Mar 2017, 06:20

I am confused about something with respect to Trump's tax return. I do not mean this as a political question, and certainly not as partisan. My recollection is that after one of the campaigns there was the allegation that Trump may have paid no taxes in some years. Again, my recollection is that Trump did not particular dispute that. I do not recall anyone-Trump surrogates, media, a CPA in Idaho-saying that of course he didn't pay nothing because of the AMT. I am puzzled as to why noone called BS on the claim that he could have paid no taxes. Unless I am wrong about how the AMT works, there must be a couple of million people who knew that it was wrong. Even if 90% of them had partisan or strategic reasons to keep the info to themselves, that still leaves a lot of people who could have said "Uh, guys, you're wrong."
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Theny » 16 Mar 2017, 06:41

babylurch wrote:I am confused about something with respect to Trump's tax return. I do not mean this as a political question, and certainly not as partisan. My recollection is that after one of the campaigns there was the allegation that Trump may have paid no taxes in some years. Again, my recollection is that Trump did not particular dispute that. I do not recall anyone-Trump surrogates, media, a CPA in Idaho-saying that of course he didn't pay nothing because of the AMT. I am puzzled as to why noone called BS on the claim that he could have paid no taxes. Unless I am wrong about how the AMT works, there must be a couple of million people who knew that it was wrong. Even if 90% of them had partisan or strategic reasons to keep the info to themselves, that still leaves a lot of people who could have said "Uh, guys, you're wrong."

I don't know man, he's self employed and owns all these corporations. Paying nothing one year wouldn't surprise me, and paying 38 million one year doesn't surprise me.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mister bacon » 16 Mar 2017, 07:04

Theny wrote:
babylurch wrote:I am confused about something with respect to Trump's tax return. I do not mean this as a political question, and certainly not as partisan. My recollection is that after one of the campaigns there was the allegation that Trump may have paid no taxes in some years. Again, my recollection is that Trump did not particular dispute that. I do not recall anyone-Trump surrogates, media, a CPA in Idaho-saying that of course he didn't pay nothing because of the AMT. I am puzzled as to why noone called BS on the claim that he could have paid no taxes. Unless I am wrong about how the AMT works, there must be a couple of million people who knew that it was wrong. Even if 90% of them had partisan or strategic reasons to keep the info to themselves, that still leaves a lot of people who could have said "Uh, guys, you're wrong."

I don't know man, he's self employed and owns all these corporations. Paying nothing one year wouldn't surprise me, and paying 38 million one year doesn't surprise me.

yes pretty much. i help self-employed guys calculate their annual income for child support purposes, and i always ask the court to aggregate the last five years of returns rather than cherry picking one year for just this reason.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby chrisco » 16 Mar 2017, 19:53

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Great take.

Sup Sco?

I'll drink to that.

Where did you go? Are you here kite?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Mar 2017, 09:30

mister bacon wrote:
Theny wrote:

yes pretty much. i help self-employed guys calculate their annual income for child support purposes, and i always ask the court to aggregate the last five years of returns rather than cherry picking one year for just this reason.

Concur, self-employed people have weird tax returns. They also don't have only 2 pages. Shit's a work.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Mar 2017, 09:34

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Theny wrote:

Concur, self-employed people have weird tax returns. They also don't have only 2 pages. Shit's a work.

it's not a "work" in so much as it's real, none of the other pages would be interesting. The bottom line stuff is all on those first 2 pages. It is a work in so much as it's probably the year he paid the most taxes he ever paid and that was the one they allowed to leak out. Maddow is the functional retard who trumpeted their release without looking at them. Whatta maroon
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Mar 2017, 09:36

SouthernYokel wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Theny wrote:

it's not a "work" in so much as it's real, none of the other pages would be interesting. The bottom line stuff is all on those first 2 pages. It is a work in so much as it's probably the year he paid the most taxes he ever paid and that was the one they allowed to leak out. Maddow is the functional retard who trumpeted their release without looking at them. Whatta maroon

The other pages would be interesting.

Agreed with everything else though. Maddow played herself.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 Mar 2017, 09:36

chrisco wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:

Great take.

Sup Sco?

I'll drink to that.

Where did you go? Are you here kite?

I'm upstairs in the attic. Saving lives from ruin.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby bosux » 17 Mar 2017, 21:26

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.