Ask the NAG: Gay talk

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Ask the NAG: Gay talk

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Jan 2017, 13:26

I asked for--and got--a Barbie doll for Christmas when I was 3.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2017, 13:33

JichaelDick wrote:I asked for--and got--a Barbie doll for Christmas when I was 3.

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby mister bacon » 31 Jan 2017, 14:24

man i had no idea how common the dress thing was. i have not seen any kids we are friends with go thru that phase, but we (white, son and i) did read about it in the public library a couple weeks ago after "hot jazz for cool kids". there has been a minor kerfuffle at school recently about whether girls should be 'allowed' to wear pants instead of skirts. this has now been allowed, but no boys in skirts. yet.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 Jan 2017, 14:34

mister bacon wrote:there has been a minor kerfuffle at school recently about whether girls should be 'allowed' to wear pants instead of skirts. this has now been allowed

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 31 Jan 2017, 14:36

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:And it's really fucked up of parents to push this bullshit on kids. Oh you wanted a boy but got a girl? Tough titties, you don't get to "make" her one.

what?

Things like this.

Maria Kontogianni, a senior lecturer in psychology with sociology at
Nottingham Trent University, said the girl and parents were likely to need
counselling.

She added: “Children could start feeling gender dysphoria from the age of
three-years-old.

“They will say they don’t feel like a boy or a girl or they may decide
they are not. If the school or parents do not respond correctly it can
become a real problem for the child.”

kids as young as 3, 5 don't say/think that, parents are pushing crap on them

Britain’s youngest-ever transgender child was Danni McFadyen, who was just
three-years-old when she decided she wanted to be a girl.

Danni is now six, has long hair, wears girls’ clothes and says she has a
girl’s head but a boy’s body.

Nothing about this is healthy and not because they're boys trapped in girls' bodies or vice versa, but mental health issues that are gonna need counseling because of the ways parents have messed with their heads

I didn't realize that librarians suffered from Engineers Disease.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Feb 2017, 14:27

I have one transgender friend. Biological female. Identifies as male. Sexually attracted to men. I have known him throughout his life as both a woman and man.

I assure you no one in his family pushed him this way. I assure you his life is not easier or more cushy for this change. The challenges have outweighed the benefits a thousand times over. This is not a "phase" for everyone.

Put me in BD's camp. I don't see how this inflicts harm upon society, and that's the hurdle for whether or not the government should oppose protecting what would otherwise be classified as "letting them live like everyone else".
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 01 Feb 2017, 14:47

Clarification: I was not trying to say or imply that all trans people are pushed that way by parents or whatever. Kids, kids, especially in the 3-5 age range like those in the article, have no clue what is going on and in no way are able to make some kind of conscious thought or decision of such a thing. The boys' testicles haven't even descended yet!
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 01 Feb 2017, 14:50

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Clarification: I was not trying to say or imply that all trans people are pushed that way by parents or whatever. Kids, kids, especially in the 3-5 age range like those in the article, have no clue what is going on and in no way are able to make some kind of conscious thought or decision of such a thing. The boys' testicles haven't even descended yet!

Emmett "Doc" Brown.

I will never "get" transgender at all, but if you're old enough to actually have an opinion, I guess I support whatever choice you want to make because it has no impact on me. But I agree with my friend LDot about kids. If you're the parent of a 4 year old kid who you claim identifies as the opposite sex, you are an asshole.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Feb 2017, 14:52

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Clarification: I was not trying to say or imply that all trans people are pushed that way by parents or whatever. Kids, kids, especially in the 3-5 age range like those in the article, have no clue what is going on and in no way are able to make some kind of conscious thought or decision of such a thing. The boys' testicles haven't even descended yet!

Oh, gotcha. I generally agree with this.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 01 Feb 2017, 14:55

TheWolf wrote:

Emmett "Doc" Brown.

I will never "get" transgender at all, but if you're old enough to actually have an opinion, I guess I support whatever choice you want to make because it has no impact on me. But I agree with my friend LDot about kids. If you're the parent of a 4 year old kid who you claim identifies as the opposite sex, you are an asshole.

I think you just generally deal with it and accept that it's a little kid who has no idea what the fuck is going on. That includes changing the kid's name and having him wear dresses all the time to the other extreme of beating the shit out of the kid until he's too afraid to ever say something to you again.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 27 Feb 2017, 10:09

if only ogie were still around...

need a ruling from IMS or GK. drinking wine at a bar, gay in all circumstances?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Feb 2017, 10:16

Dr Jeckyll wrote:if only ogie were still around...

This is a four page discussion, minimum. I have my thoughts, but I will withhold them for now...
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 27 Feb 2017, 10:17

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:if only ogie were still around...

This is a four page discussion, minimum. I have my thoughts, but I will withhold them for now...

Pretty sure you're expected to drink wine in a wine bar, right?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Feb 2017, 10:23

Regular bar: gay if you are a man

OK if you are in the bar of a decent restaurant or at a wine bar.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Feb 2017, 10:29

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:decent restaurant

Need a ruling as to what this constitutes. Does it need a dress code? $25+ entrees? Less than 10 in the chain? Does it matter if it's an Italian restaurant? Does Olive Garden count? Does Outback?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.