Worst Customer Service Experiences

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Worst Customer Service Experiences

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Mar 2017, 08:13

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:What album? Bros With Beards play the Amarillo Abandonded Barns in Lo-Fi?

The new one from Ha Ha Tonka.

How long is the rental period for a Victorola from the library? A week?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby babylurch » 14 Mar 2017, 08:31

Gregs Kite wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:What album? Bros With Beards play the Amarillo Abandonded Barns in Lo-Fi?

I own a cylinder phonograph
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Mar 2017, 08:33

They do not have it yet.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby bosux » 14 Mar 2017, 08:40

babylurch wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:

I own a cylinder phonograph

least surprising post of the month?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Mar 2017, 13:05

Amazon credited my account for the purchase and extended my Prime subscription by a month. Bibhuti Bhusan did not comment on my request to drop USPS as a delivery partner.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Mar 2017, 16:28

Prez on 12/27/2014 wrote:Frontier Communications. Wow, is all I can say. This fucking company.

Before Thanksgiving, I call to order their U-Verse tv/internet/phone bundle which they recently bought from AT&T in Connecticut. The sales rep on the phone has no clue what U-Verse is, and tries to set me up with satellite tv. After I school him, he puts me on hold and eventually comes back to thank me for informing him about the products they offer. Install date: 12/1/14.

12/1 rolls around and the tech doesn't show or call. I call to complain and I'm told the next available date is 12/17. On 12/16 the dude calls me to say he's in my driveway and asks if he can do the install. Since I'm WFH that day, I agree and two techs spend the next 3 hours in my house but still can't get it working... They come back 2 days later and I'm told that high def will take 24 hours to kick in.

I have been on the phone with at least 4 different customer service agents and supervisors all who said they could help resolve the issue and would get back to me. Not one person has called me back or made any progress.

Today is 12/27 and I'm pissed. I check a HD channel and see the message that I'm not subscribed to the channel and to call the number on the screen to order. What the fuck, I call and wait about 45 minutes to get a person who tells me "I can help you". She puts me on hold and comes back 10 minutes later saying that they are backlogged and I can expect my high def to be activated on 1/8/15. That's right, January fucking 8th. After confirming that nobody has to come to my house and it basically consists of a monkey flipping a switch, I ask why the fuck I need to wait 2 more weeks. No answer. I'm pretty sure I swore at her in the tirade that followed and then hung up on her. I also called back the original customer service rep I was dealing with and left a really sarcastic voice mail.

At this point I want to cancel but my only other option is to go back to Comcast, who costs twice as much monthly. This can't be life.

Karma has caught up with Frontier. Its shares are tanking.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 23 Mar 2017, 16:57

Furious, furious anger...

We have a KitchenAid oven. It was installed and the warranty processed on February 28, 2016. One month before we moved into our house. On March 3, the oven shit the bed. It is a dual microwave and oven thing. Repair guy comes out. Not under warranty. Control board is broken. Control board costs $300 with an additional $300 to replace. A new oven/microwave is $2600. Fix the fucker, repair guy. Ok, so we buy the part on 3/4. Oven is unusable until then, but the microwave works. The guy says it'll take a couple days to get the part and then he'll call to set up install. On 3/12 I call the guy and say hey, what's the status? Well, the part is back-ordered to the factory and should be in the next Tuesday. Ok. That's fine. Call today, the back order date is now April 1. Kitchenaid gives not one single fuck that I'm annoyed. Fuck Kitchenaid. Apparently their is a class action lawsuit regarding this particular oven in California, but there's a motion to dismiss pending. Will join if the suit continues.

It's fucking hard to feed three kids and two adults healthily without a working oven.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Mar 2017, 08:14

My grandmothers stopped getting up to 500 degrees after 50 years and so one thanksgiving we had to scramble, but besides that i had never heard of an oven breaking in my life.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby babylurch » 24 Mar 2017, 08:21

SouthernYokel wrote:My grandmothers stopped getting up to 500 degrees after 50 years and so one thanksgiving we had to scramble, but besides that i had never heard of an oven breaking in my life.

What do you cook at 500 degrees? Pizza?
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Mar 2017, 08:40

babylurch wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:My grandmothers stopped getting up to 500 degrees after 50 years and so one thanksgiving we had to scramble, but besides that i had never heard of an oven breaking in my life.

What do you cook at 500 degrees? Pizza?

it's a potluck deal at our thanksgiving so everyone's stuff goes in the oven at once to be reheated. when the oven is overfilled like that the temp has to be higher than it would be if you just had one thing in there.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 24 Mar 2017, 08:46

This reaffirms my belief that no appliance needs a computer.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby the cheese » 04 Apr 2017, 11:00

I'm trying to decide where this should go...

I have an Amex Blue credit card. I've had it forever, don't really carry a balance on it, just pay it off monthly. Anyway, I'm pretty sure one of us fucked up and didn't process my March payment correctly. I got two emails and a phone call about the issue this morning. I called back after missing the phone call, and after putting my credit card number in I got a live human being in 15 seconds. After two minutes I had paid the bill, gotten the late fee waived and an assurance that none of the ratings agencies would be notified. I got another email indicating the payment had been received and a credit limit increase five minutes later.

It would be a rave but their website fucked up and caused this whole thing.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Apr 2017, 20:20

the cheese wrote:I'm trying to decide where this should go...

I have an Amex Blue credit card. I've had it forever, don't really carry a balance on it, just pay it off monthly. Anyway, I'm pretty sure one of us fucked up and didn't process my March payment correctly. I got two emails and a phone call about the issue this morning. I called back after missing the phone call, and after putting my credit card number in I got a live human being in 15 seconds. After two minutes I had paid the bill, gotten the late fee waived and an assurance that none of the ratings agencies would be notified. I got another email indicating the payment had been received and a credit limit increase five minutes later.

It would be a rave but their website fucked up and caused this whole thing.

I had the exact same thing happen once with essentially identical experience. AmEx is great on the whole dispute thing.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 10 Apr 2017, 20:38

United Airlines training video:

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Apr 2017, 14:01

So I'm leaving the restaurant and the right door hasn't been unlocked, stuck. I go back to the hostess, "hey, just a heads up, but your right outer door hasn't been unlocked." Hostess says "the other one isn't locked, so?"

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.