Worst Customer Service Experiences

Other stuff in other stuff.

Worst Customer Service Experiences

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Oct 2007, 12:20

bobhope's story reminds me of the time I got those uncooked fries and burger from burger king and then got food poisoning for the next week. GOOD TIMES YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

anyway, share some of your more miserable ones. i got a few more i'll ad later.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Stalker » 22 Oct 2007, 12:22

Why'd you go past the first bite when you realized they were uncooked? Was it that hard to tell? Granted, it is BK, but it should've still been obvious.
Stalker
Hope College Alum

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Oct 2007, 12:24

I was really fuckin hungry and I got it from drive-thru and I just chowed it down really fast. And then I felt like complete shit and I could tell right away it was severely undercooked. But I didn't wanna deal with them so I left and never came back. But I was pretty sick, throwing up constantly for the following 3 days.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Theny » 22 Oct 2007, 12:25

When I was slinging pizza pies in high school me and this other dude my age were making pizzas one Friday night, which, as everyone knows, is always the busiest night for any pizza place. So when my coworker sliced the fuck out of his finger, we couldn't send him home because that would leave just me making pizzas, which would've been impossible. So the dude put a band aid on his finger and a plastic glove. The plastic glove was a joke, so after like 2 minutes he did away with it. Well after about a half hour he notices the band aid is gone. Could be anywhere, but it's definitely in a pizza somewhere. It ended up in the bottom of the crust of a pizza we sent to a church group as a charity thing. Good times. Dude ended up having to get an AIDS test and everything for the lawsuit.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Re: Worst Customer Service Experiences

Postby nova » 22 Oct 2007, 13:05

jack_daniels wrote:bobhope's story reminds me of the time I got those uncooked fries and burger from burger king and then got food poisoning for the next week. GOOD TIMES YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

anyway, share some of your more miserable ones. i got a few more i'll ad later.

That's what you get for eating beef. Your hindood breathren did that shit on purpose, son.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Oct 2007, 13:06

it was actually a chicken burger

And some of the best burgers I ever had were beef.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Oct 2007, 13:32

Went to McDs in college one summer. Had to borrow a car b/c mine had died. Got home from the drive thru and noticed they gave me a half eaten Quarter Pounder.

Went back to complain and get a good burger and the mgr somehow thought I was pulling a scam. It took me 15 minutes or so to convince them that it was unreasonable for me to waste my time to eat 1/2 a burger and drive back just to get a free one.

I did manage to get several gift certs from corporate HQ after I wrote to them about my experience.

Another time went back to my college for an alumni weekend and went with a bunch of dudes to a chinese buffet for lunch. Paid with a $20. Got change as if I had only paid with a $10. Ended up getting in a huge yelling match with the manager. The actualy money didn't really matter but it was the principle of the whole thing. The guy wouldn't even consider that I might have been correct. He apparently would have rather have a big ugly scene in front of a hundred customers then to actually count down the register.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dick Hertz » 22 Oct 2007, 13:39

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Another time went back to my college for an alumni weekend and went with a bunch of dudes to a chinese buffet for lunch. Paid with a $20. Got change as if I had only paid with a $10. Ended up getting in a huge yelling match with the manager. The actualy money didn't really matter but it was the principle of the whole thing. The guy wouldn't even consider that I might have been correct. He apparently would have rather have a big ugly scene in front of a hundred customers then to actually count down the register.

My Dad tought me to look at the $20's when you hand them over to someone. Look at the last 4 digits on the serial number. When you get change for a $10 rather than the $20 and an argument ensues, you can say that the $20 you gave them has the last 4 number of "0123" or something like that.

Then the supervisor or the cashier will say that you are scamming them and that your friend in front of you could have paid with the $20 five minutes ago, but at least you'll have some point to start arguing with.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Oct 2007, 13:39

The Sales Associates at: Radioshack, Canadian Tire, and Home Depot are completely retarded. The ones I came across anyway....
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby kaskomm09 » 22 Oct 2007, 13:59

jack_daniels wrote:The Sales Associates at: Radioshack, Canadian Tire, and Home Depot are completely retarded. The ones I came across anyway....

Score, first of all, good thread for once. A good topic you got here.

I worked at the Depot one summer between years at college and I'd have to say it's the complete opposite. The whole experience showed me how dumb a large section of society is -- some of the questions I got asked were so ridiculous.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 22 Oct 2007, 14:07

Dick Hertz wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Another time went back to my college for an alumni weekend and went with a bunch of dudes to a chinese buffet for lunch. Paid with a $20. Got change as if I had only paid with a $10. Ended up getting in a huge yelling match with the manager. The actualy money didn't really matter but it was the principle of the whole thing. The guy wouldn't even consider that I might have been correct. He apparently would have rather have a big ugly scene in front of a hundred customers then to actually count down the register.

My Dad tought me to look at the $20's when you hand them over to someone. Look at the last 4 digits on the serial number. When you get change for a $10 rather than the $20 and an argument ensues, you can say that the $20 you gave them has the last 4 number of "0123" or something like that.

Then the supervisor or the cashier will say that you are scamming them and that your friend in front of you could have paid with the $20 five minutes ago, but at least you'll have some point to start arguing with.

I've had that shit pulled on me before. A good honest cashier will sit the bill you paid with somewhere on the outside of the register while they count out the change to show what you paid with. A taco bell got in big trouble here a couple years ago for claiming people paid with smaller bills as a systematic thing.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Oct 2007, 15:52

kaskomm09 wrote:
jack_daniels wrote:The Sales Associates at: Radioshack, Canadian Tire, and Home Depot are completely retarded. The ones I came across anyway....

Score, first of all, good thread for once. A good topic you got here.

I worked at the Depot one summer between years at college and I'd have to say it's the complete opposite. The whole experience showed me how dumb a large section of society is -- some of the questions I got asked were so ridiculous.

I had to go to Radioshack to replace my cell phone battery and the dumbfuck didn't know it was covered under my warranty to get a new one if my old one breaks, which it did, and I had to spend 15 minutes explaining to him how a warranty works. So frustrating.

I had to get a drill bit from Canadian Tire and the dude in that section didn't know the fucking difference. I told him I needed a ceramic drill bit to help my dad since we were drilling thru tiles in the bathroom, and he was pretty fucking flabbergasted, like I was tlaking gibberish to him.

Same deal at Home Depot, I needed lumber and the guys working there didn't know anything about calculating how much I needed. THat entire store was full of idiots. We needed to get a bunch of shit and 90% of the shit we needed they didn't have and they made us run around to other Home Depot stores all fucking day long.

I ended up just getting all the material I needed from work, which I normally would've done, but there was a sale going on at Depot at the time and we would've saved more money getting shit there, based on calculations I did.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Rodney Farva » 23 Oct 2007, 03:14

Briandean79 wrote:A good honest cashier will sit the bill you paid with somewhere on the outside of the register while they count out the change to show what you paid with.

in high school i worked at a gas station, and we were taught to leave the bill on the register when making change for exactly that reason, both to avoid giving incorrect change, and also to be sure you didn't get scammed by someone claiming that they gave you a bigger bill than they actually did.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mister bacon » 13 Mar 2008, 01:11

D'Annunzio wrote: roasted chicken, consulting, the city of chicago and banking are gay.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 Mar 2008, 08:38

SouthernYokel wrote:i think there's a handshake agreement between all banks about what constitutes customer service. if you get terrible service everywhere, what difference does it make?

That logic has worked well for the cellular phone service providers.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Next

Return to Misc.