I Fought the Law and The Law won

Other stuff in other stuff.

I Fought the Law and The Law won

Postby mister bacon » 16 Oct 2007, 00:37

So we have a ton of legal news and shit all over the place here, and I think that seeing as we have an assload of lawyers here.. we should start a thread to discuss legal news, gossip, and other assorted shit.


to get us started, check out this clip, where a U of Miami 2L gets PWN3d on the peoples court.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25523
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby someguysomewhere » 16 Oct 2007, 01:00

Now that's some funny shit, seeing as how our classes are cancelled this week so we can do an intensive week on Legal Ethics and Legal Professionalism or, as I prefer to call it "Lawyers Behaving Badly."

Also, just because somebody had to do it:

"Now that's what I'm talking about. You come into our house you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the People's Court talking that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You don't come in our place talking noise like that or you will get your butt kicked."
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Postby mister bacon » 16 Oct 2007, 01:17

someguysomewhere wrote:Now that's some funny shit, seeing as how our classes are cancelled this week so we can do an intensive week on Legal Ethics and Legal Professionalism or, as I prefer to call it "Lawyers Behaving Badly."

Also, just because somebody had to do it:

"Now that's what I'm talking about. You come into our house you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the People's Court talking that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You don't come in our place talking noise like that or you will get your butt kicked."


the honorable Lamar Thomas wrote: WE READY!!! WE READY!!! WE READY!!!
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25523
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby someguysomewhere » 16 Oct 2007, 01:35

The part where she says he's making UM look bad was the best?

He's making Da U look bad? I thought that was the 7th Floor Crew's job.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
User avatar
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 10404
Joined: 19 May 2006, 12:04
Location: The foul line, looking terrified.

Postby Theny » 16 Oct 2007, 07:33

It's important to separate the football team from their academics. That school is expensive as fuck, and hard to get into.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30003
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby edogpgc » 17 Oct 2007, 10:21

Hopefully this isn't Rumsfeld material, but looks like Colonel Angus's lover gives sexual favors so that the law doesn't win.
User avatar
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: 06 Jun 2006, 10:14

Postby Colonel Angus » 17 Oct 2007, 11:11

edogpgc wrote:Hopefully this isn't Rumsfeld material, but looks like Colonel Angus's lover gives sexual favors so that the law doesn't win.


Yeah, I posted it in the pic thread yesterday. I love the play on words from Trooper Randy Moss' lawyer:

?I think this is a case that from the beginning has been blown out of proportion,? said Moss?s lawyer, Jack Lowery Sr.


Get it? Blown?

ETA: Another clever play on words in the article:

even though the blog went down months ago.
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 17 Oct 2007, 12:13

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7316
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Postby the cheese » 17 Oct 2007, 12:18

The OKC legal community has had some quality gossip in the last year. There's an attorney I know who's just a complete scumbag who's been in the news recently. He attempted to trade his legal services for sex with an EXTREMELY unattractive woman he was representing. I'll try to find a good synopsis somewhere. Its a really funny story.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17157
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Postby Theny » 17 Oct 2007, 12:23

User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30003
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Jew Jitsu » 17 Oct 2007, 12:23

the cheese wrote:The OKC legal community has had some quality gossip in the last year. There's an attorney I know who's just a complete scumbag who's been in the news recently. He attempted to trade his legal services for sex with an EXTREMELY unattractive woman he was representing. I'll try to find a good synopsis somewhere. Its a really funny story.

pussy is pussy, so yeah i'd hit that
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8405
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Oct 2007, 16:15

Had jury duty today. Got called to the jury pool at 11am. We got to the courtroom at 11:15 and were told the parties setled.

BOOYAH!

Went home, checked my work email to make sure I had nothing on my plate that couldn't wait until tomorrow and took the rest of the day off.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17569
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 06 Nov 2007, 15:02

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7316
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Postby mister bacon » 06 Nov 2007, 15:26



they are getting out of control with the fucking tasers already.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25523
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Nov 2007, 16:16

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3117

Wow. I can't imagine a worse thing to say to a judge. Are you kidding me? That's the type of shit that retarded ass deadbeat clients pull, not their attorney. I can understand if Britney blurted that out in court, but the lawyer should be reining her in, not saying shit like that to the judge. "You're not a pop star with a number one record, you wouldn't understand." Are you kidding me?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29712
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Next

Return to Misc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron