The Pets Thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

The Pets Thread

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Sep 2007, 07:43

Sure, why not.

So I never had a pet growing up and i feel like I missed out (ok not really).

I always wanted a dog, and the apartment I live at is dog-friendly so I was jsut wondering what dogs you guys reccomend. I'd like to start with a puppy cuz puppies are so cute!

Basically a dog that's cute but ferocious, and easy maintenance.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Theny » 28 Sep 2007, 07:50

Definitely gotta go for a smaller breed...like a pug or Boston terrier or something like that. I'd recommend going to the Humane Society also, don't encourage these breeders. Dogs aren't fuckin' status symbols.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Sep 2007, 07:52

Boston terrier looks cool, pugs are UGLY!!!
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby myherobobhope » 28 Sep 2007, 07:54

Don't get a ferocious dog... that's just stupid.

My family has had 4 labradors, and they are extremely good dogs.

The questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Do I have time for a dog? You have to walk them at LEAST twice a day, if not more. They will also wake you up early in the morning to go out and shit.
2. Do I have money for a dog? Besides the expenses of buying one, and dog food and dog toys, you also have the expense of the vet, which isn't cheap. If your dog gets sick, it can be exceedingly expensive.
3. Do I have room for a dog? Your apt may be dog friendly, but that doesn't mean you have enough room. I would never get a dog if I didn't have a backyard to let it play in.
4. Where am I going to be in 5 years? If you are planning on moving to Africa, a dog may not be the best idea, becuase what the fuck are you going to do with it when you move? You can bring dogs overseas (see Farva, Rodney) but it's a hassle.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 28 Sep 2007, 07:54

Mutts are the best behaved. I was just giving you an idea of the size of dog you'd probably want in an apt.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby WampaOne » 28 Sep 2007, 07:55

I tried to surprise you
I crept up behind you
with a homeless chihuahua
you gushed for an hour
you handed him back and said
"You'll never guess
I'm bored now"
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Sep 2007, 07:57

myherobobhope wrote:Don't get a ferocious dog... that's just stupid.

My family has had 4 labradors, and they are extremely good dogs.

The questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Do I have time for a dog? You have to walk them at LEAST twice a day, if not more. They will also wake you up early in the morning to go out and shit.
2. Do I have money for a dog? Besides the expenses of buying one, and dog food and dog toys, you also have the expense of the vet, which isn't cheap. If your dog gets sick, it can be exceedingly expensive.
3. Do I have room for a dog? Your apt may be dog friendly, but that doesn't mean you have enough room. I would never get a dog if I didn't have a backyard to let it play in.
4. Where am I going to be in 5 years? If you are planning on moving to Africa, a dog may not be the best idea, becuase what the fuck are you going to do with it when you move? You can bring dogs overseas (see Farva, Rodney) but it's a hassle.

1. yeah I definitely have enough time for a dog. That's not a problem

2. Money is also no problem. It's a 1 rm apt, rent is cheap, bills paid, I got plenty of money left over.

3. The family room is decent sized, and idon't have much furniture since I live on my own so I have this nice big space in the corner...perfect for a dog

4. Yeah this is the only thing that's worth worrying about
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Dunking Donut » 28 Sep 2007, 07:59

I love my little chihuahua. She's adorable. Plus they are super easy -- you can litter box train them. They require very little walking/exercise.

Walk down the street with one and chicks will stop you. Guaranteed.

She looks like this but without the brown (just black and white).

jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby myherobobhope » 28 Sep 2007, 08:00

I'm anti-small dog.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 28 Sep 2007, 08:00

Teak just got a chihuhua too. I think it's gay as hell, but he thinks it's a chick magnet. Time will tell.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Sep 2007, 08:02

I dunno...when Ithnk of chiwawas I think of the Taco Bell commercials and that Reese Witherspoon movie. In other words, they are caricatures. I don't know if they are chick magnets.

Besides I don't need a dog for girls, I just want a cute puppy who will do cute and funny and cool things and we can go to the park and run around like retards for hours with each other. hahahaa
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby myherobobhope » 28 Sep 2007, 08:03

jack_daniels wrote:I dunno...when Ithnk of chiwawas I think of the Taco Bell commercials and that Reese Witherspoon movie. In other words, they are caricatures. I don't know if they are chick magnets.

Besides I don't need a dog for girls, I just want a cute puppy who will do cute and funny and cool things and we can go to the park and run around like retards for hours with each other. hahahaa

Please don't get a dog. I ask this for the sake of the dog.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Sep 2007, 08:04

I have the capacity to take care of a dog. If I can take care of myself, I can take care of a dog.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 28 Sep 2007, 08:04

jack_daniels wrote:I dunno...when Ithnk of chiwawas I think of the Taco Bell commercials and that Reese Witherspoon movie. In other words, they are caricatures. I don't know if they are chick magnets.

You do realize that puppies turn into dogs, right?
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Sep 2007, 08:13

fierce dog + 1BR apt = trouble. hopefully you were just kidding about that part.

how do you feel about cleaning up dog shit and pee? and having your stuff chewed on? a puppy isn't going to come up to you from day 1, tap you on the shoulder and ask politely if it can go outside for a wee wee and a poo poo.

also, ask around for a reputable trainer and spend the $$$ for obedience training. it will make a huge difference.

you'd better be really fucking patient, too.

for first time out, instead of a puppy you're much, much better off checking the pound and newspaper ads for older dogs that have already been housetrained. plus if it's a puppy you're in for at least a 10 year commitment. chew on that thought for a minute.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Next

Return to Misc.