You know what really grinds my gears? (RANTS)

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears? (RANTS)

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:20

TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:So we've had this cheap ass coffee table that we bought at Christmas Tree Shops like 12 years ago. It was kinda starting to fall apart, the top was scratched to shit, etc. Wolfette hates it, and showed me a picture a couple months ago of one she liked. I don't think she thought I'd remember, but I decided to build a table like that and give it to her for Christmas. Unfortunately she loves it, so I can't make a Bitches post about it. This rant has nothing to do with her.

Now that we have a nice table, we have actually started using coasters on it. On New Years Eve, my buddy's one-year-old (he's actually 11 months, but rickm3 might read this and I don't want to upset him) picked up one of the coasters and smashed the corner of it onto the top of the table, leaving 4 nice little dents in the surface. Obviously I didn't expect the thing to look pristine forever, but it had literally been set up in the living room for 4 f'ing days before that little bastard went to work on it. And the ironing of using the coaster to fuck up the table is just delicious. Goddamn kids.

Why the eff are kids at your New Year's Eve event?

We had no plans for NYE, so on short notice I reached out to 2 of my college roommates who don't live around here and I suspected they might not have plans becuase they have little kids and are too cheap to for all-night babysitters. Turns out I was right. Since they aren't local, we invited them to bring the families and spend the night. It was a good time.

Trying to post a pic for you, cheese. The file is too big, and my file-sharing skills are worse than my furniture-building skills, so it may take me some time.

I built dis table. It's in our rec room. The wife wanted it to be farm house style and was pissed that I didn't sand it enough before I stained it.

Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 03 Jan 2018, 10:23

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:
TheWolf wrote:So we've had this cheap ass coffee table that we bought at Christmas Tree Shops like 12 years ago. It was kinda starting to fall apart, the top was scratched to shit, etc. Wolfette hates it, and showed me a picture a couple months ago of one she liked. I don't think she thought I'd remember, but I decided to build a table like that and give it to her for Christmas. Unfortunately she loves it, so I can't make a Bitches post about it. This rant has nothing to do with her.

Now that we have a nice table, we have actually started using coasters on it. On New Years Eve, my buddy's one-year-old (he's actually 11 months, but rickm3 might read this and I don't want to upset him) picked up one of the coasters and smashed the corner of it onto the top of the table, leaving 4 nice little dents in the surface. Obviously I didn't expect the thing to look pristine forever, but it had literally been set up in the living room for 4 f'ing days before that little bastard went to work on it. And the ironing of using the coaster to fuck up the table is just delicious. Goddamn kids.

We had no plans for NYE, so on short notice I reached out to 2 of my college roommates who don't live around here and I suspected they might not have plans becuase they have little kids and are too cheap to for all-night babysitters. Turns out I was right. Since they aren't local, we invited them to bring the families and spend the night. It was a good time.

Trying to post a pic for you, cheese. The file is too big, and my file-sharing skills are worse than my furniture-building skills, so it may take me some time.

I built dis table. It's in our rec room. The wife wanted it to be farm house style and was pissed that I didn't sand it enough before I stained it.

That is pretty cool. Did you build the other piece of furniture in the picture too, or just build the table to match?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:24

I built it to match.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:27

Good stuff, cheese. This one was built from plans that called it farmhouse-style as well, but it's very different than yours. I can't figure out how to make the jpg file a postable size because I'm retarded, but here's a pdf that you can open if you want to see it. this is the table with the offending coaster, and about 10% of the throw pillows that my wife insists on keeping so that it's not possible to sit on the damn couch. I'm planning on a matching end table but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Coffee Table.pdf
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:29

TheWolf wrote:Good stuff, cheese. This one was built from plans that called it farmhouse-style as well, but it's very different than yours. I can't figure out how to make the jpg file a postable size because I'm retarded, but here's a pdf that you can open if you want to see it. this is the table with the offending coaster, and about 10% of the throw pillows that my wife insists on keeping so that it's not possible to sit on the damn couch. I'm planning on a matching end table but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Coffee Table.pdf

That is a very nice coffee table.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:30

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Good stuff, cheese. This one was built from plans that called it farmhouse-style as well, but it's very different than yours. I can't figure out how to make the jpg file a postable size because I'm retarded, but here's a pdf that you can open if you want to see it. this is the table with the offending coaster, and about 10% of the throw pillows that my wife insists on keeping so that it's not possible to sit on the damn couch. I'm planning on a matching end table but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Coffee Table.pdf

TY. I was very happy with the results. It's heavy af, though. I don't know how Pup 1 managed to slide it up against the couch like that; Wolfette can barely move it.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Jan 2018, 10:31

the cheese wrote:

Coffee Table.pdf

Plus uno--nice work thewolf. Is that your blankie on the right side of the couch?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:32

CourtesyFlush wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Coffee Table.pdf

Plus uno--nice work thewolf. Is that your blankie on the right side of the couch?

You know it. I just can't get comfy without my Batman blankie.

ETA: Upon further investigation, the little bastard that dented the table is actually in this picture. He's on the top-right Christmas card in the background.

Had I zoomed out just a bit more, I would have inadvertently posted a picture of Shabazz without Mags' permission. That could have been awkward.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 03 Jan 2018, 10:35

Nice balloon knot.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Theny » 03 Jan 2018, 10:39

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Is that that tile that looks like wood? That look is insidious these days.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:41

Theny wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

I recently installed some of that wood-look tile, as well, in the kids' bathroom. It's like a light gray kinda whitewashed look, but the same thing. I had no idea I was being insidious.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 03 Jan 2018, 10:42

TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

I recently installed some of that wood-look tile, as well, in the kids' bathroom. It's like a light gray kinda whitewashed look, but the same thing. I had no idea I was being insidious.

my ex-wife installed that type of floor a few years ago in her house. It looks good.
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:42

It is. I like it.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Jan 2018, 10:47

mj3528 wrote:
my ex-wife installed that type of floor a few years ago in her house. It looks good.

Did you sit in the recliner watching her?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 03 Jan 2018, 10:48

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Did you sit in the recliner watching her?

No, paid someone to install would be a more accurate description.
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.