You know what really grinds my gears? (RANTS)

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears? (RANTS)

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Dec 2017, 20:39

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:10:30 is way too damn late to be eating breakfast, to me
I'm holding out 30 minutes and eating lunch.

I do think CFA (which is fantastic) doesn't go ahead and maybe sell some late breakfast until 11 anyway. Shit, sell it for half price. I'm sure there's excess biscuits and hash browns and shit.

Chick fil a isn’t a bobo organization. Their shit is fresh.

There should be a few extra biscuits and hash browns lying around, you have to make batches of them. I don't quite get wht at, say, 10:36, if you have a few lying around and someone wants it, sell it. Do it cheap.

Note: I love CFA.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby ctz31 » 30 Dec 2017, 21:52

I couldn't imagine being in a fast food line at 10:30am. PM sure. 10:30am you should be at work or the gym or something. Clean it up rick.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Frank the Tank » 30 Dec 2017, 22:14

ctz31 wrote:I couldn't imagine being in a fast food line at 10:30am. PM sure. 10:30am you should be at work or the gym or something. Clean it up rick.

Jesus H Judgy McJudgerson. You do you Rick. Trust your stomach to know what your mouth needs. Godspeed.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby nerf66 » 31 Dec 2017, 13:00

Movies have gotten ridiculously expensive. $14.50 for an adult? Fucking A! No wonder box office numbers are down.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby rickm3 » 31 Dec 2017, 13:07

ctz31 wrote:I couldn't imagine being in a fast food line at 10:30am. PM sure. 10:30am you should be at work or the gym or something. Clean it up rick.

I was off from work all week so it was like a weekend. No way I am eating breakfast at 8am on a weekend unless I'm on my way to the golf course.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby rickm3 » 31 Dec 2017, 13:09

nerf66 wrote:Movies have gotten ridiculously expensive. $14.50 for an adult? Fucking A! No wonder box office numbers are down.

I don't know all of the details but I read about something that sounds like a scam but its called Movie Pass (or something like that) which for $9.99 a month you can see unlimited movies.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby nerf66 » 31 Dec 2017, 13:11

rickm3 wrote:
nerf66 wrote:Movies have gotten ridiculously expensive. $14.50 for an adult? Fucking A! No wonder box office numbers are down.

I don't know all of the details but I read about something that sounds like a scam but its called Movie Pass (or something like that) which for $9.99 a month you can see unlimited movies.

I’d be a lot happier if they just charged $9.99 for one movie.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby TheWolf » 02 Jan 2018, 11:22

rickm3 wrote:

I saw a sign for that when I took my kid to a movie last week. I think it was $8.99 a month, for one ticket a month, 20% off concessions, and the opportunity to buy other tickets for $8.99 each.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:01

So we've had this cheap ass coffee table that we bought at Christmas Tree Shops like 12 years ago. It was kinda starting to fall apart, the top was scratched to shit, etc. Wolfette hates it, and showed me a picture a couple months ago of one she liked. I don't think she thought I'd remember, but I decided to build a table like that and give it to her for Christmas. Unfortunately she loves it, so I can't make a Bitches post about it. This rant has nothing to do with her.

Now that we have a nice table, we have actually started using coasters on it. On New Years Eve, my buddy's one-year-old (he's actually 11 months, but rickm3 might read this and I don't want to upset him) picked up one of the coasters and smashed the corner of it onto the top of the table, leaving 4 nice little dents in the surface. Obviously I didn't expect the thing to look pristine forever, but it had literally been set up in the living room for 4 f'ing days before that little bastard went to work on it. And the ironing of using the coaster to fuck up the table is just delicious. Goddamn kids.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:02

TheWolf wrote:So we've had this cheap ass coffee table that we bought at Christmas Tree Shops like 12 years ago. It was kinda starting to fall apart, the top was scratched to shit, etc. Wolfette hates it, and showed me a picture a couple months ago of one she liked. I don't think she thought I'd remember, but I decided to build a table like that and give it to her for Christmas. Unfortunately she loves it, so I can't make a Bitches post about it. This rant has nothing to do with her.

Now that we have a nice table, we have actually started using coasters on it. On New Years Eve, my buddy's one-year-old (he's actually 11 months, but rickm3 might read this and I don't want to upset him) picked up one of the coasters and smashed the corner of it onto the top of the table, leaving 4 nice little dents in the surface. Obviously I didn't expect the thing to look pristine forever, but it had literally been set up in the living room for 4 f'ing days before that little bastard went to work on it. And the ironing of using the coaster to fuck up the table is just delicious. Goddamn kids.

POST A PIC OF SAID TABLE!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Jan 2018, 10:02

check out me, i'm thewolf, i make furniture
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 03 Jan 2018, 10:02

TheWolf wrote:So we've had this cheap ass coffee table that we bought at Christmas Tree Shops like 12 years ago. It was kinda starting to fall apart, the top was scratched to shit, etc. Wolfette hates it, and showed me a picture a couple months ago of one she liked. I don't think she thought I'd remember, but I decided to build a table like that and give it to her for Christmas. Unfortunately she loves it, so I can't make a Bitches post about it. This rant has nothing to do with her.

Why the eff are kids at your New Year's Eve event?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Jan 2018, 10:04

CourtesyFlush wrote:

There was a 7-month old at the infamous "remis" NYE 2010 party.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 03 Jan 2018, 10:06

CourtesyFlush wrote:

When you have kids and you don't want to spend $120 on a babysitter they typically show up to most New Years events.

Events that normal people, even you pre-kids, wouldn't want to go to because of the kids. Generally fun times if you don't suck though.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 03 Jan 2018, 10:14

CourtesyFlush wrote:

We had no plans for NYE, so on short notice I reached out to 2 of my college roommates who don't live around here and I suspected they might not have plans becuase they have little kids and are too cheap to for all-night babysitters. Turns out I was right. Since they aren't local, we invited them to bring the families and spend the night. It was a good time.

Trying to post a pic for you, cheese. The file is too big, and my file-sharing skills are worse than my furniture-building skills, so it may take me some time.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.