The Doctor's Office hosted by Dr. Jeckyll

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The Doctor's Office hosted by Dr. Jeckyll

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Jan 2018, 13:04

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm BostonSucksMyBalls Blood just started pooring out my right nostril at my desk. Nice little Friyay

pooring.

this reminded me of one of my more fun medical situations.

one summer about 17 years ago somehow or another i had managed to nick a blood vessel in my nostril (probably booger mining LOL). i had three or four episodes of bleeding, a couple of them pretty bad. one time i went to emergency room and they packed it, basically shoved a little gauze thing up as far as they could and just jammed it in there. probably the most painful 30 seconds of my life. apparently i was supposed to let that dissolve, but the idiot nurse told me to pull it out in a day or two, which just resulted in it happening again the next morning on my way to work.

pulled over into a shopping center parking lot, and was bleeding heavily, gagging on some blood clots. called my ENT's office, explained the situation, and the bitch on the phone said i couldn't come in without an appointment. i said fuck it and drove to them anyway, having to open the door a few times on the way to spit out a mouthful of blood and clots. walked into the reception area looking like i had just been sparring with mike tyson without headgear, and what do you know, got straight in. my ENT was busy so one of his colleagues saw me, i explained about taking out the packing and that made him really pissy for some reason so any bedside manner evaporated. he cauterized it, which smelled like burning flesh (which i guess it was). that took care of it and never had a problem since.

cool story farv.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 12 Jan 2018, 13:06

Rodney Farva wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm BostonSucksMyBalls Blood just started pooring out my right nostril at my desk. Nice little Friyay

pooring.

one summer about 17 years ago somehow or another i had managed to nick a blood vessel in my nostril (probably booger mining LOL). i had three or four episodes of bleeding, a couple of them pretty bad. one time i went to emergency room and they packed it, basically shoved a little gauze thing up as far as they could and just jammed it in there. probably the most painful 30 seconds of my life. apparently i was supposed to let that dissolve, but the idiot nurse told me to pull it out in a day or two, which just resulted in it happening again the next morning on my way to work.

pulled over into a shopping center parking lot, and was bleeding heavily, gagging on some blood clots. called my ENT's office, explained the situation, and the bitch on the phone said i couldn't come in without an appointment. i said fuck it and drove to them anyway, having to open the door a few times on the way to spit out a mouthful of blood and clots. walked into the reception area looking like i had just been sparring with mike tyson without headgear, and what do you know, got straight in. my ENT was busy so one of his colleagues saw me, i explained about taking out the packing and that made him really pissy for some reason so any bedside manner evaporated. he cauterized it, which smelled like burning flesh (which i guess it was). that took care of it and never had a problem since.

cool story farv.

I had my nose reset twice in the doctors office, and they shoved the medicine up my nose on a gauze thing. God that sucked. Way worse than the cracking of the nose sorta kinda back into place.

Didn't the cheese almost perish from a bloody nose as well? You fuckers need to drink more.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 14:37

Rodney Farva wrote:

pooring.

cool story farv.

I've had this exact same thing happen, except I woke up coughing on blood. I was at the wife's grandparents' house in Milwaukee at the time, it was like 1am, and after an hour of trying to get the bleeding to stop the wife called an ambulance. The doctor in the ER cauterized it like you said and four different medical people asked me if I had been sniffing drugs. Lost three units of blood. GTs.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Jan 2018, 14:59

I got a bleeder in the shower the other day. Blew a snot rocket and it just started bleeding.

Cool story, 'sco.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby ctz31 » 12 Jan 2018, 15:20

the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

pooring.

cool story farv.

I've had this exact same thing happen, except I woke up coughing on blood. I was at the wife's grandparents' house in Milwaukee at the time, it was like 1am, and after an hour of trying to get the bleeding to stop the wife called an ambulance. The doctor in the ER cauterized it like you said and four different medical people asked me if I had been sniffing drugs. Lost three units of blood. GTs.

I think my post should have been quoted in here as well. IM JUST SAYIN.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 15:40

ctz31 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

pooring.

cool story farv.

I think my post should have been quoted in here as well. IM JUST SAYIN.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Jan 2018, 20:35

Well were you sniffing drugs? Fess up
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Jan 2018, 10:05

At my annual right now. Nurse just asked me if I am an athlete because my HR is so low. 49 bpm, might as well be dead.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 10:08

I'm Yokel. I'm in good shape and go to the doctor regularly so they can confirm how awesome I am.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 Jan 2018, 10:11

TheWolf wrote:I'm Yokel. I'm in good shape and go to the doctor regularly so they can confirm how awesome I am.

I last came here in January 2017! To get a deductible credit! I do want to axe this guy about my bird stomach with the beers though, looking forward to that. "I can't drink more than 2 beers because it makes my chest hurt" "ok but why would you want more than 2 beers, that is an appropriate amount especially if more makes you feel bad." "Dude."
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2018, 10:14

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I'm Yokel. I'm in good shape and go to the doctor regularly so they can confirm how awesome I am.

I last came here in January 2017! To get a deductible credit! I do want to axe this guy about my bird stomach with the beers though, looking forward to that. "I can't drink more than 2 beers because it makes my chest hurt" "ok but why would you want more than 2 beers, that is an appropriate amount especially if more makes you feel bad." "Dude."

I'm just busting your balls. I am in favor of going in for the annual to get an insurance credit. I haven't had a full physical in... I don't even know how long. I'll gladly do the 10 minute biometric screening if I'm gonna get $600 for it, though.

Good luck with your beer conversation.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 23 Jan 2018, 14:30

I finally got sick of the shoulder pain i feel lifting in my left shoulder, bit the bullet, and scheduled an appt w the wizard indian doc that practices on the rez near my home. I seen him 10 years ago and he cured me of this same issue. He uses something called ART (active release technique), where he jams his thumbs and fingers into the soft tissue of the area, while rotating my arm in directions. He's expensive, doesn't take insurance, and to be frank, it hurts like a mother fucker, but i sacked up. Went today for my first appt. Shoulder is burning fire right now, and will be all bruised up, but i can already tell after 30 minute appt, that the actual pain in the joint area is improved. I'll test it out at the gym, and have my 2nd appt in a coupla weeks. I'll probably have to go like 5x for the entire treatment. He also does nutrition, outside of chiro, but i'm not ready for that just yet.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Jan 2018, 14:51

ctz31 wrote:I finally got sick of the shoulder pain i feel lifting in my left shoulder, bit the bullet, and scheduled an appt w the wizard indian doc that practices on the rez near my home. I seen him 10 years ago and he cured me of this same issue. He uses something called ART (active release technique), where he jams his thumbs and fingers into the soft tissue of the area, while rotating my arm in directions. He's expensive, doesn't take insurance, and to be frank, it hurts like a mother fucker, but i sacked up. Went today for my first appt. Shoulder is burning fire right now, and will be all bruised up, but i can already tell after 30 minute appt, that the actual pain in the joint area is improved. I'll test it out at the gym, and have my 2nd appt in a coupla weeks. I'll probably have to go like 5x for the entire treatment. He also does nutrition, outside of chiro, but i'm not ready for that just yet.

Dot or feather?

Also--a rub and tug should've been your first move.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Jan 2018, 14:52

Of COURSE 31 is seeing his own personal Alex Guerrero. God forbid he go to a normal doctor, contra bro-ing to the end.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 23 Jan 2018, 14:55

CourtesyFlush wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I finally got sick of the shoulder pain i feel lifting in my left shoulder, bit the bullet, and scheduled an appt w the wizard indian doc that practices on the rez near my home. I seen him 10 years ago and he cured me of this same issue. He uses something called ART (active release technique), where he jams his thumbs and fingers into the soft tissue of the area, while rotating my arm in directions. He's expensive, doesn't take insurance, and to be frank, it hurts like a mother fucker, but i sacked up. Went today for my first appt. Shoulder is burning fire right now, and will be all bruised up, but i can already tell after 30 minute appt, that the actual pain in the joint area is improved. I'll test it out at the gym, and have my 2nd appt in a coupla weeks. I'll probably have to go like 5x for the entire treatment. He also does nutrition, outside of chiro, but i'm not ready for that just yet.

Dot or feather?

Also--a rub and tug should've been your first move.

"the rez" points to feather. A dot indian doctor would def take insurance.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.