The Doctor's Office hosted by Dr. Jeckyll

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: The Doctor's Office hosted by Dr. Jeckyll

Postby Dunking Donut » 19 Nov 2017, 13:18

Dunking Donut wrote:So I have been having breathing problems since April. I've been back and forth between my primary and asthma doctor. I've done about 3 zpacks, prednisone. 4 different inhalers. I'm still have shortness of breath and chest pain, particularly when exercising and headaches.

I saw a cardiologist. They're going to do a stress test and check my blood again. To paraphrase what he said, it's most likely because I'm stressed the fuck out, eat like shit, and am a fat fuck but they're going to check anyway (probably because I have insurance and have pretty much hit the deductible at this point).

Update: my heart is okay. After meeting with a Pulminologist, they did further testing and it looks like I have undiagnosed allergies that are causing moderate to severe asthma. I already knew I had a whole bunch of environmental allergies like every tree and grass and some molds as well as some animals. But apparently I have a number of food allergies such as wheat, shellfish, tomato, apple, chicken and whole bunch of other various vegetables, fruits, dyes, etc., that I had no clue about (except shellfish).

So I get to be that annoying guy that can order one thing when he goes out to eat a restaurant that has to customize the fuck out of it.

I have a couple more things to finish up and get the full breakdown soon. My guess is I have to avoid all this stuff, get allergy shots, and probably switched up on some medications and hopefully I can start to feel better in a few months.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Nov 2017, 13:29

How do they go about diagnosing the food allergies?

And how poor is your diet? You booze at all?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Nov 2017, 14:04

See if the doc will give you a note saying you are allergic to your wipe.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dunking Donut » 19 Nov 2017, 20:15

Gregs Kite wrote:How do they go about diagnosing the food allergies?

Skin test and then blood test.

Diet is not that great. But basically half the stuff she rattled off on the phone I eat every day.

I have a couple of drinks a week. I stopped pretty much because I feel like crap after a couple I guess this explains why.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Nov 2017, 20:25

Dunking Donut wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:How do they go about diagnosing the food allergies?

Skin test and then blood test.

Diet is not that great. But basically half the stuff she rattled off on the phone I eat every day.

I have a couple of drinks a week. I stopped pretty much because I feel like crap after a couple I guess this explains why.

Glad you're doing well. Or at least have a positive prognosis. I did the same thing last summer, without the allergy test. Just said to unwind. I very much lied about my alcohol, but in with you, the hangovers aren't worth it anymore.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 05 Dec 2017, 10:05

Ok, this is gross. Stop reading if you want.

About a week or so ago, I had what I thought was a pimple on my abdomen, a couple inches below my waist. It then became raised, there was a ton of fluid under it and became red in the area. I was at work Sunday and it was extremely painful.

I googled and decided it was an in grown hair and there was a likely infection. I put warm conpresses on it, because that should do the trick.

At work yesterday, it was bleeding to the extent that it bled through my boxers to my dress shirt. I decided this was not good and went to urgent care.

My diagnosis was correct, but it was so far along then needed to cut into it, excise it and drain it. Essentially lancing a boil. It may have been the most painful experience in my life. They packed it an I have to pull out a string on Wednesday night. I am not looking forward to that.

If anyone gets one of these, do not wait.
Last edited by mj3528 on 05 Dec 2017, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Dec 2017, 10:11

Your wife's maladies rubbing off on you?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby CourtesyFlush » 05 Dec 2017, 10:18

Pulling out a string sounds like a tampon, to me.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Dec 2017, 10:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:Pulling out a string sounds like a tampon, to me.

Something had to soak up the blood so mj#s didn't have to wear a sweater tied around his waist
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 06 Dec 2017, 11:13

So I was sickish all weekend and thought I was just fighting off a bug. Headache, ringing ears, super tired. Woke up on Sunday with a really bloodshot eye. Figured that I had just scratched the hell out of it whilst asleep in the middle of the night.

The bloodshot part of my eye has cleared up a bit, but its now tracing around the edge of my pupil and is getting larger. Its also more irritated.

We've got a new set of sheets on our bed. They are white with gold pineapples on them. It looks like sweat from sleeping has turned the gold pineapples from my pillowcase into a weird green purple color. Hoping that the eye thing and everything else that I've been feeling are unrelated, and not that some fake fancy sheets from a sketchy textile factory overseas with no quality control standards is poisoning me through my pupils while I sleep.

I'm literally keeping an eye on this.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby JT99 » 06 Dec 2017, 11:29

chrisco wrote:So I was sickish all weekend and thought I was just fighting off a bug. Headache, ringing ears, super tired. Woke up on Sunday with a really bloodshot eye. Figured that I had just scratched the hell out of it whilst asleep in the middle of the night.

The bloodshot part of my eye has cleared up a bit, but its now tracing around the edge of my pupil and is getting larger. Its also more irritated.

We've got a new set of sheets on our bed. They are white with gold pineapples on them. It looks like sweat from sleeping has turned the gold pineapples from my pillowcase into a weird green purple color. Hoping that the eye thing and everything else that I've been feeling are unrelated, and not that some fake fancy sheets from a sketchy textile factory overseas with no quality control standards is poisoning me through my pupils while I sleep.

I'm literally keeping an eye on this.

Hope that you don't die.....or start the zombie apocalypse
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Dec 2017, 19:08

The white's uncle had a stomach flu on Christmas day. He was eating chili (bold move, stomach flu-haver), and started to vomit. He puked so hard he tore his esophagus. Ended up in the ICU, sepsis in his chest cavity, they had to vacuum chili out of everywhere. Got put in an induced coma, sepsis got bad, priest came in and gave him last rites. Today he turned it around enough for them to do surgery to repair his esophagus, now has an 80% survival prognosis after at one point being 6 hrs from pulled plug.

The bad luck tornado is never far, is what I'm saying. Fuckin whew.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Dec 2017, 19:19

SouthernYokel wrote:The white's uncle had a stomach flu on Christmas day. He was eating chili (bold move, stomach flu-haver), and started to vomit. He puked so hard he tore his esophagus. Ended up in the ICU, sepsis in his chest cavity, they had to vacuum chili out of everywhere. Got put in an induced coma, sepsis got bad, priest came in and gave him last rites. Today he turned it around enough for them to do surgery to repair his esophagus, now has an 80% survival prognosis after at one point being 6 hrs from pulled plug.

That got out of hand fast. I'm impressed that whole cycle took around 24 hours.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 26 Dec 2017, 19:22

Frank the Tank wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:The white's uncle had a stomach flu on Christmas day. He was eating chili (bold move, stomach flu-haver), and started to vomit. He puked so hard he tore his esophagus. Ended up in the ICU, sepsis in his chest cavity, they had to vacuum chili out of everywhere. Got put in an induced coma, sepsis got bad, priest came in and gave him last rites. Today he turned it around enough for them to do surgery to repair his esophagus, now has an 80% survival prognosis after at one point being 6 hrs from pulled plug.

That got out of hand fast. I'm impressed that whole cycle took around 24 hours.

Yeah, yesterday everyone's crying at Christmas dinner and telling Uncle Frank stories (don't have chili this week just to be sure, Frank) and today the doctors go "sike"
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 26 Dec 2017, 19:24

What was for Christmas dinner? Did you just have a couple sugar packets and a napkin?

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.