Re: Crown my ass!

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Aug 2017, 09:17

the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Magnum wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I got a 3% raise today, as well as confirmation that my bonus is being paid at 115% of potential, and will be paid on friday.

Wolfette managed to have a negative take on his, if you can believe it.

Higher tax bracket? Should be a 5% raise?

"Cool. That almost offsets the mortgage we still can't afford."

xpost bitches

Did you push for buying this house, or did she? What is with these can't afford comments?

She saw the house first while I was traveling, and she fell in love with it. Then we went and looked at it together, and I also loved it. We both knew it was more expensive than what we really wanted to pay, but it was the only house we'd seen that had everything we wanted and was even close to the price range we wanted. I pushed the "we can afford it" by going through our expenses and trying to put together what I think is a realistic budget based on this significantly higher mortgage. She believed me, but now she's getting cold feet as we get closer and she's becoming terrified about how little money we'll have left over after paying the mortgage and bills every month. She's right to be nervous because at least for a while, we're gonna have to be much more careful with what we spend money on (maybe not go to 5 concerts every summer, for example), because this house is gonna be way more expensive than what we're used to. But ultimately we CAN afford it, even though we'll be stretched more than we're used to. She's being very negative and annoying about it lately though because it's now so close to reality.

<<Tugs collar, sweats a bit, wrings hands>> yeah, that's a great feeling. Some sympathy for Wolfette there. Nut up though sister.

yeah, same. on the other hand, if you do have some kind of financial crisis during the first years of this mortgage i cannot wait to hear how many times she brings up that she was against it.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 24 Aug 2017, 09:21

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Magnum wrote:
the cheese wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I got a 3% raise today, as well as confirmation that my bonus is being paid at 115% of potential, and will be paid on friday.

Wolfette managed to have a negative take on his, if you can believe it.

Higher tax bracket? Should be a 5% raise?

"Cool. That almost offsets the mortgage we still can't afford."

xpost bitches

Did you push for buying this house, or did she? What is with these can't afford comments?

She saw the house first while I was traveling, and she fell in love with it. Then we went and looked at it together, and I also loved it. We both knew it was more expensive than what we really wanted to pay, but it was the only house we'd seen that had everything we wanted and was even close to the price range we wanted. I pushed the "we can afford it" by going through our expenses and trying to put together what I think is a realistic budget based on this significantly higher mortgage. She believed me, but now she's getting cold feet as we get closer and she's becoming terrified about how little money we'll have left over after paying the mortgage and bills every month. She's right to be nervous because at least for a while, we're gonna have to be much more careful with what we spend money on (maybe not go to 5 concerts every summer, for example), because this house is gonna be way more expensive than what we're used to. But ultimately we CAN afford it, even though we'll be stretched more than we're used to. She's being very negative and annoying about it lately though because it's now so close to reality.

<<Tugs collar, sweats a bit, wrings hands>> yeah, that's a great feeling. Some sympathy for Wolfette there. Nut up though sister.

yeah, same. on the other hand, if you do have some kind of financial crisis during the first years of this mortgage i cannot wait to hear how many times she brings up that she was against it.

Yep. xpost bitches, xpost divorce watch, xpost new thread "parenting every other weekend", xpost how to get sex
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 24 Aug 2017, 09:25

I've been waiting for her to play that card, Kite. She seemed surprised when I dropped $77 at Bissell last week, but she didn't make a deal about it. Just like "Wow, those are expensive." A couple weeks ago she yelled at me for buying a coffee at Dunkin. But for some reason she didn't see any issue with the $130 jewelry box she just bought (she has a perfectly good jewelry box). We have fun.

Cheese, you're right to have some sympathy for her. She's not wrong; this is going to be a huge adjustment for us and I'm nervous about it too. But how about instead of just being a Debbie Downer about it every damn day, you join me in my quest to find money-saving opportunities?

My favorite one this week... I've done all the math on how much money we can save by dropping cable. For some reason she still hasn't believed me up to this point, but I finally got her on board when we were talking about it Monday night. I've been planning on the $45 package with PSVue, because it has essentially everything we watch. So I'm showing her that channel lineup, and we have this discussion:

Her: It doesn't have Sprout.
Me: Who watches Sprout?
Her: Kody Kapow is on there. It's Pup 2's favorite show.
Me: He's seen it like 5 times. He'll forget it exists in a week when he gets hooked on something else.
Her: Does the next package have it?
Me: Looks like it.
Her: Maybe we should do that one. It's still less money than we're spending now.

Sure, let's spend an extra $10 a month so the 3 year old can watch some dumb show once or twice a week. Seems logical.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Aug 2017, 09:31

TheWolf wrote: So I'm showing her that channel lineup, and we have this discussion:

Me: He's seen it like 5 times. He'll forget it exists in a week when he gets hooked on something else.
Her: Maybe we should do that one. It's still less money than we're spending now.

Sure, let's spend an extra $10 a month so the 3 year old can watch some dumb show once or twice a week. Seems logical.

Dude. DUDE.

My wife doesn't want to get rid of Sling for Playstation Vue because of Nick Jr. Keep in mind there is a totally separate Nick Jr app that has free shows, and KJ2 will watch the same fucking one over and over again.

I didn't even mention that I would be giving up Spike on Sling and my man Jon Taffer. WHERES MY PARADE?

But yeah, lets keep paying for it.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 24 Aug 2017, 09:34

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote: So I'm showing her that channel lineup, and we have this discussion:

Dude. DUDE.

My wife doesn't want to get rid of Sling for Playstation Vue because of Nick Jr. Keep in mind there is a totally separate Nick Jr app that has free shows, and KJ2 will watch the same fucking one over and over again.

I didn't even mention that I would be giving up Spike on Sling and my man Jon Taffer. WHERES MY PARADE?

I feel like you recently mentioned you have Vue now and have been watching Sox games on NESN. Am I to understand you're currently paying for both Vue and Sling so that you can keep Nick Jr?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Aug 2017, 09:37

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Dude. DUDE.

I feel like you recently mentioned you have Vue now and have been watching Sox games on NESN. Am I to understand you're currently paying for both Vue and Sling so that you can keep Nick Jr?

Sling is paid for until mid September, then its done. Until then we're balling-ass cord cutters.

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Prez » 05 Sep 2017, 12:47

I got a speeding ticket on Rte 2 (x-post Connecticut thread) in early July for driving 75 in a 55 zone. The cop told me he was doing me a favor by writing it up as speeding as opposed to excessive speed... still over $200 for the ticket. My experience told me to plead not guilty, go to court, and pay less than half of what the fine was.

I got a letter today from Centralized Infractions Bureau, apparently the prosecutor nolle'd the charge and I don't have to go to court or pay any fine.

\:D/ =D+= :ohyeah: :tiff:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mister bacon » 05 Sep 2017, 13:11

wow more free stuff for pres. and you say white priv doesn't exist smh. if this were me y'all (except for kite) would be sending my white t's and p's.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Prez » 05 Sep 2017, 13:14

mister bacon wrote:wow more free stuff for pres. and you say white priv doesn't exist smh. if this were me y'all (except for kite) would be sending my white t's and p's.

How did the prosecutor know I was white? There's a fairly famous blaque with the same last name as me!
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby ctz31 » 05 Sep 2017, 13:16

Prez wrote:
mister bacon wrote:wow more free stuff for pres. and you say white priv doesn't exist smh. if this were me y'all (except for kite) would be sending my white t's and p's.

How did the prosecutor know I was white? There's a fairly famous blaque with the same last name as me!

Um, because the cop didn't shoot you?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 05 Sep 2017, 13:23

ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Sep 2017, 13:25

ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:

How dare you.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 05 Sep 2017, 13:34

ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:

All the swishes and lawls and cats and whatever else we say when things are funny.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 05 Sep 2017, 19:51

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:

All the swishes and lawls and cats and whatever else we say when things are funny.

Do we still lidge? Did we ever? What am I thinking of?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby chrisco » 05 Sep 2017, 21:09

JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:

Do we still lidge? Did we ever? What am I thinking of?

I'm still lidging and lulzing from time to time.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.