Work blows

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Work blows

Postby Theny » 22 Jan 2018, 14:29

My white and I teach sunday school for middle and high schoolers. Social media came up yesterday, some of those kids have never even had a facebook account, just went straight to snap and insta. Made me feel old.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Jan 2018, 14:33

Theny wrote:My white and I teach sunday school for middle and high schoolers. Social media came up yesterday, some of those kids have never even had a facebook account, just went straight to snap and insta. Made me feel old.

The edges of insta are starting to fray, I am concerned in a few years it will go down the Facebook path and I won't have a social media platform anymore. I tried snap, not for me.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 22 Jan 2018, 14:35

SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:My white and I teach sunday school for middle and high schoolers. Social media came up yesterday, some of those kids have never even had a facebook account, just went straight to snap and insta. Made me feel old.

The edges of insta are starting to fray, I am concerned in a few years it will go down the Facebook path and I won't have a social media platform anymore. I tried snap, not for me.

Any time any social media platform introduces a non-chronological, content prioritizing algorithm it is on its way out in my book. Incredibly annoying to refresh your facebook newsfeed three times and get three totally different sets of stories.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Jan 2018, 14:37

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Any time any social media platform introduces a non-chronological, content prioritizing algorithm it is on its way out in my book. Incredibly annoying to refresh your facebook newsfeed three times and get three totally different sets of stories.

People are also using insta to post things that aren't photos/videos. Cross posting Twitter memes and political stuff. It will over run the site eventually.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 22 Jan 2018, 14:39

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

People are also using insta to post things that aren't photos/videos. Cross posting Twitter memes and political stuff. It will over run the site eventually.

I got a buddy who does that. Takes a screenshot of his tweets and posts them to insta and facebook. I'm having drinks with him on Saturday and I'm going to box him about the ears for this.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Jan 2018, 14:49

I look at Facebook daily. Maybe twice a day. I wouldn’t say I spend a lot of time on it because when I visit it’s a quick scroll through the most recent posts. Gone are the days when I’d play Word With Friends on it rather than just on the app. I definitely spend more time on Twitter.

I’ve had a couple work people send me facebook requests, which is always weird. I have a special group set up where I can accept people’s friend requests and then essentially shut them off from seeing most/all of my posts.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Jan 2018, 14:54

Frank the Tank wrote:I look at Facebook daily. Maybe twice a day. I wouldn’t say I spend a lot of time on it because when I visit it’s a quick scroll through the most recent posts. Gone are the days when I’d play Word With Friends on it rather than just on the app. I definitely spend more time on Twitter.

I’ve had a couple work people send me facebook requests, which is always weird. I have a special group set up where I can accept people’s friend requests and then essentially shut them off from seeing most/all of my posts.

Actually yeah I go on FB a lot for work, lots of companies will put what they really do on there and not on their official website. Lookin at you, nightclubs
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Jan 2018, 15:26

SouthernYokel wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I look at Facebook daily. Maybe twice a day. I wouldn’t say I spend a lot of time on it because when I visit it’s a quick scroll through the most recent posts. Gone are the days when I’d play Word With Friends on it rather than just on the app. I definitely spend more time on Twitter.

Actually yeah I go on FB a lot for work, lots of companies will put what they really do on there and not on their official website. Lookin at you, nightclubs

so you were in the know about this ahead of time?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Jan 2018, 15:57

Rodney Farva wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

so you were in the know about this ahead of time?

I was, but Twitter told me bout that one.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 02 Feb 2018, 11:56

i've noticed at our basketball games that the woman really dig our mascot. like, to the point i suddenly 'get' that some people really are into the whole furry thing (though ours is an exaggerated human, not an animal). i seriously wonder if any of the guys in the costume have parlayed that into getting some coed tail.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mister bacon » 02 Feb 2018, 12:00

Rodney Farva wrote:i've noticed at our basketball games that the woman really dig our mascot. like, to the point i suddenly 'get' that some people really are into the whole furry thing (though ours is an exaggerated human, not an animal). i seriously wonder if any of the guys in the costume have parlayed that into getting some coed tail.

"i'll let you fuck me if you keep the head on...."
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Feb 2018, 12:34

our big boss is a huge fan of some motivational moron named jon gordon. at the end of ever day i do a little happy dance that i wasn't forced to read one of his books or watch one of his videos.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 13 Feb 2018, 12:43

Rodney Farva wrote:our big boss is a huge fan of some motivational moron named jon gordon. at the end of ever day i do a little happy dance that i wasn't forced to read one of his books or watch one of his videos.

Let's see a video of this happy dance.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Feb 2018, 12:55

it's kind of an inner thing, tbh
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Feb 2018, 13:02

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.