Work blows

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Work blows

Postby mister bacon » 22 Feb 2017, 11:51

bonefish is fine. great place to eat when you're watching your figure.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Magnum » 22 Feb 2017, 13:33

I enjoyed the bang bang shrimp the one time I went to Bonefish. Never been to Carrabas.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby TheWolf » 22 Feb 2017, 13:35

I went to Carrabbas twice. Both times the service sucked and the food was meh-minus. I won't miss it. Bonefish is decent. I'll sorta miss it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 22 Feb 2017, 13:42

TheWolf wrote:I went to Carrabbas twice. Both times the service sucked and the food was meh-minus. I won't miss it. Bonefish is decent. I'll sorta miss it.

Carraba's is gross.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Feb 2017, 13:45

carrabas is olive garden without the all you can eat options. which makes it inferior, if you were wondering.

there is one just a couple blocks from my neighborhood. i wonder if it closed along with the others. ours is similar to the one wolf knows, there is always a huge crowd there for no discernible reason. i would have thought this location was not one of their problems but maybe the crowds are because they do a shitty job of turning over tables
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Feb 2017, 14:11

TheWolf wrote:I went to Carrabbas twice. Both times the service sucked and the food was meh-minus. I won't miss it. Bonefish is decent. I'll sorta miss it.

^^^This, but I only went to Carrabba's once.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Goose » 22 Feb 2017, 14:14

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Goose wrote:I told her, in front of a group of her peers, "nobody wants to ride the bus". She turned red and didn't talk to me the rest of the day.

that was kind of a dick move. no offense.

:cryingsgswslady:

Other than buses no showing for scheduled routes, I enjoyed my days on the B24.

Somehow I missed this three weeks ago, maybe I was working by accident or something.

But if you've ever taken a bus in Tampa you may understand. We don't have the population density to support the bus, or any other mass transit.

So, I'll tell you my bus story. A few months before the above mentioned DOT meeting we were all "encouraged" by the woman in charge of the transportation planning group to take the bus to work and report the results. I told her that I lived in a rural area and the bus wasn't really convenient, but after her repeated requests I relented trying to be a team player.

Back then my commute was about 20-25 minutes. A rural road to a state highway, down the expressway and a couple of surface streets to the office. My bus trip took me just over 90 minutes. I had to drive in the wrong direction for 15 minutes to get to a Park-N-Ride lot, wait 15 minutes, catch a bus south for 20 minutes, wait 20 minutes for another bus, take a second bus west for 10 minutes, walk north for 15 minutes to my office. Now imagine doing this everyday where the humidity is generally hovering around 80% by 8:00 am and I end up sweating worse than cheese after a 45 minute workout. Every one in the office submitted a travel log and afterward the lady came up to me and said "wow, that took you a long time. You do live pretty far out there." I'm pretty sure that's what I told her initially. G-R-R-R.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby mj3528 » 22 Feb 2017, 14:33

Goose wrote:
chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Goose wrote:I told her, in front of a group of her peers, "nobody wants to ride the bus". She turned red and didn't talk to me the rest of the day.

that was kind of a dick move. no offense.

:cryingsgswslady:

Other than buses no showing for scheduled routes, I enjoyed my days on the B24.

Somehow I missed this three weeks ago, maybe I was working by accident or something.

But if you've ever taken a bus in Tampa you may understand. We don't have the population density to support the bus, or any other mass transit.

So, I'll tell you my bus story. A few months before the above mentioned DOT meeting we were all "encouraged" by the woman in charge of the transportation planning group to take the bus to work and report the results. I told her that I lived in a rural area and the bus wasn't really convenient, but after her repeated requests I relented trying to be a team player.

Back then my commute was about 20-25 minutes. A rural road to a state highway, down the expressway and a couple of surface streets to the office. My bus trip took me just over 90 minutes. I had to drive in the wrong direction for 15 minutes to get to a Park-N-Ride lot, wait 15 minutes, catch a bus south for 20 minutes, wait 20 minutes for another bus, take a second bus west for 10 minutes, walk north for 15 minutes to my office. Now imagine doing this everyday where the humidity is generally hovering around 80% by 8:00 am and I end up sweating worse than cheese after a 45 minute workout. Every one in the office submitted a travel log and afterward the lady came up to me and said "wow, that took you a long time. You do live pretty far out there." I'm pretty sure that's what I told her initially. G-R-R-R.

The Park City to Salt Lake City bus has a stop in front of my condo and my building at work. I don't take it because it costs $4.50 one way, almost as much as gas, and takes an hour instead of 40 minutes. Maybe I should re-evaluate
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Magnum » 03 Mar 2017, 13:47

I have this temp working for me while one of my employees is on LTD. Today I noticed that he was wear jeans, a polo shirt and a zip up hoodie. I had to explain that this is a business casual workplace. I mean really....you are here for 2 weeks and don't notice that?

We have this new directory that allows you to upload a picture, write up a bio, etc. People started uploading these ridic (like extreme close up and snap chat filtered pictures). Kinda funny, as they now show up in IMs and on emails.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 13:51

Magnum wrote:I have this temp working for me while one of my employees is on LTD. Today I noticed that he was wear jeans, a polo shirt and a zip up hoodie. I had to explain that this is a business casual workplace. I mean really....you are here for 2 weeks and don't notice that?

This kid's name Tag, by any chance?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 03 Mar 2017, 14:51

Magnum wrote:I have this temp working for me while one of my employees is on LTD. Today I noticed that he was wear jeans, a polo shirt and a zip up hoodie. I had to explain that this is a business casual workplace. I mean really....you are here for 2 weeks and don't notice that?

We have this new directory that allows you to upload a picture, write up a bio, etc. People started uploading these ridic (like extreme close up and snap chat filtered pictures). Kinda funny, as they now show up in IMs and on emails.

we change the cisco profile photo on peoples computers when they leave them unlocked to go to lunch, etc.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Mar 2017, 10:30

the hotel i'm staying in (a wyndham) has one of those scented lobbies. been waiting in here for a meeting for a while and holy moly it's starting to really bother me. i am hoping it is like the Venetian or Caesars where it bothers you at first but by the time you leave you find yourself missing the smell.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Mar 2017, 10:34

SouthernYokel wrote:the hotel i'm staying in (a wyndham) has one of those scented lobbies. been waiting in here for a meeting for a while and holy moly it's starting to really bother me. i am hoping it is like the Venetian or Caesars where it bothers you at first but by the time you leave you find yourself missing the smell.

that's become a big thing across a lot of hotels. shangri-la hotels have the same distinctive scent in all their hotels and sell it for home use.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 08 Mar 2017, 20:02

They need to make a lobby that smells of stripper.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Magnum » 14 Mar 2017, 09:19

A few people at work keep spelling my name (nickname) wrong, including one of my employees and a temp who works for me. The nickname I use can be spelled a couple different ways, but what annoys me about it is if I send an email and sign it Mag, they respond and say "Magg...." Anywho, I've started to just reply to people and say I spell my name this other way. Like seriously, read emails and respond with the correct spelling of someone's name. How hard is that?
Magnum
Better Than You

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.