SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Re: Work blows

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Mar 2017, 18:04

My utmost T's and P's to those who have names like Richard Smith or Nicky Jones. I can't imagine how much they get butchered, either spelling or pronunciation-wise on a daily basis. I might to need to do a "Black Like Me" style investigative journalism project to fully understand the suffering you've endured.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Jew Jitsu » 14 Mar 2017, 20:12

rickm3 wrote:
Magnum wrote:A few people at work keep spelling my name (nickname) wrong, including one of my employees and a temp who works for me. The nickname I use can be spelled a couple different ways, but what annoys me about it is if I send an email and sign it Mag, they respond and say "Magg...." Anywho, I've started to just reply to people and say I spell my name this other way. Like seriously, read emails and respond with the correct spelling of someone's name. How hard is that?

I am not really a regular poster around here so not trying to cause problems...really. There seems to be an odd sense of people protecting minor details about their identities to the extreme around here. ^^^^ is a perfect example..why not just say "I spell my nickname Nicki (or whatever...I honestly don't know what it is...really) but people always want to use Nicky and it pisses me off"? It really doesn't give anything away or out you.

I don't personally know anyone here but I had one interaction with someone where I had to send him something, so I needed his real name and address. He rightfully asked me not to use his real name here, which of course I agreed to. That, I get. Not wanting to post your nickname, not so much.

Plus aren't there only like 20 people that post here...and 12 of you know each other anyway?

My nickname is Rick and I hate when people spell it Ric or call me Richard.

Lol word. And 80% of the posters on here poke each other on Facebook. It's not that difficult finding everyone's profile from here.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Mar 2017, 15:09

this is the opposite of work blows but: first week in April i am going to Costa Rica for a work trip. taking a few top producers on a 'thanks for the business' trip. Pacific Coast. My company owns a fishing yacht they keep down there and we're going to do tarpon fishing or whatever the sportfish is in the equatorial pacific. i have no idea. i'm just stoked i get a free tropical vacation.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 15 Mar 2017, 15:11

SouthernYokel wrote:this is the opposite of work blows but: first week in April i am going to Costa Rica for a work trip. taking a few top producers on a 'thanks for the business' trip. Pacific Coast. My company owns a fishing yacht they keep down there and we're going to do tarpon fishing or whatever the sportfish is in the equatorial pacific. i have no idea. i'm just stoked i get a free tropical vacation.

Crown my ass would have been more appropriate. You gonna wax the body hair for this one?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 15 Mar 2017, 15:13

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:this is the opposite of work blows but: first week in April i am going to Costa Rica for a work trip. taking a few top producers on a 'thanks for the business' trip. Pacific Coast. My company owns a fishing yacht they keep down there and we're going to do tarpon fishing or whatever the sportfish is in the equatorial pacific. i have no idea. i'm just stoked i get a free tropical vacation.

Crown my ass would have been more appropriate. You gonna wax the body hair for this one?

bang a costa rican whore bareback? when is the next time I will be in Costa Rica?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Mar 2017, 15:14

It's a trap, Mitch McDeere!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Goose » 15 Mar 2017, 15:33

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:It's a trap, Mitch McDeere!

Does this mean that Tits is going to bang Gene Hackman?
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mister bacon » 15 Mar 2017, 17:57

Goose wrote:

can you blame her? #GILF

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mj3528 » 15 Mar 2017, 17:59

mister bacon wrote:
Goose wrote:

can you blame her? #GILF

his make out scene with Barbara Hershey in Hoosiers was steamy
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Mar 2017, 11:18

Me: "So what is the M for here?"
Boss: "Oh, that's Roman for thousand, that's what I use. I know some people use K for that, but I don't."
Me:

some people use K. every fucking person uses K.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Rodney Farva » 21 Mar 2017, 11:20

M is for million.

that is some retarted shit there.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Mar 2017, 11:22

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Me: "So what is the M for here?"
Boss: "Oh, that's Roman for thousand, that's what I use. I know some people use K for that, but I don't."
Me:

some people use K. every fucking person uses K.

Lots of people in my industry use the M, which is fucking confusing. My first day in my current industry I saw I had "$25M" of authority for a certain line and nearly fell over. They meant $25,000, not $25,000,000. The worst is then they use MM for million, and MMM for billion. I prefer K, M, B, T personally. Now whenever I see in an email something like "$50M" I wind up asking if it's thousands or millions. You can usually guess which if you know the age of the sender. It breaks somewhere around 45yo and 50yo.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby CourtesyFlush » 21 Mar 2017, 11:22

Rodney Farva wrote:M is for million.

that is some retarted shit there.

I have seen MM for million as well.

Hmm
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.