"You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: "You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Jan 2018, 11:16

BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:The "daddy's gone" illness strikes again. He had a small croup episode yesterday. We still had some steroid left over from the last one so no harm no foul. Also, he has a dentist appt to get 2 of his 4 cavities filled tomorrow. They want to split up the fillings because they knock him out w gas and don't want to keep him under for the amount of time needed for 4 fillings. So we get 2 visit charges. Fucking goddamn racket. I don't even believe them that this is an issue but God save you if you disagree with a "safety measure" for your own child.

These are all things happening while I'm gone and I assure you the wife is not at all holding this over my head

Anyone else silently judging Yokel over "4 cavities"? What does he brush his teeth with, ice cream?

This was humorous. Thank you for sharing.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 30 Jan 2018, 11:31

bosux wrote:turd #2 to the ER today (after a week solid of a sick wipe, turds #1 and 2 catch her bug, both coughing)

got hit with a croup/asthma combo attack...8 hours of epinephrine, prendizone and albuterol...good times...took him down to the cafeteria and got wings and pizza....the wings were odd, crispy, and surprisingly good with 3 sauces to choose from: buff, sweet chili and bbq

wings at a hospital cafeteria huh? Interesting.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JT99 » 30 Jan 2018, 11:37

ctz31 wrote:
bosux wrote:turd #2 to the ER today (after a week solid of a sick wipe, turds #1 and 2 catch her bug, both coughing)

got hit with a croup/asthma combo attack...8 hours of epinephrine, prendizone and albuterol...good times...took him down to the cafeteria and got wings and pizza....the wings were odd, crispy, and surprisingly good with 3 sauces to choose from: buff, sweet chili and bbq

If Frank isn't thinking of Marit in a nurse's uniform right now, then I don't know this site at all.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby bosux » 30 Jan 2018, 11:42

ctz31 wrote:

one of the nurses brought some back to the pediatric unit and the smell always gets me...the boy had a very average personal cheese pizza and we pared it with carrot sticks. to drink i had an orange fanta and he had water.
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby TVF wannabe » 30 Jan 2018, 11:54

bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

one of the nurses brought some back to the pediatric unit and the smell always gets me...the boy had a very average personal cheese pizza and we pared it with carrot sticks. to drink i had an orange fanta and he had water.

My kids love Orange Fanta too. Pro tip get a nebulizer and save yourself 8 hours for some albuterol.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 30 Jan 2018, 12:00

TVF wannabe wrote:
bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

My kids love Orange Fanta too. Pro tip get a nebulizer and save yourself 8 hours for some albuterol.

Yep. Your insurance will cover at least a part of it. Fucking worth it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby ctz31 » 30 Jan 2018, 13:11

the cheese wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
bosux wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Yep. Your insurance will cover at least a part of it. Fucking worth it.

Agree. We've had these same issues multiple times. Only twice when the boy was very young did it require an ER stint.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby bosux » 30 Jan 2018, 15:18

We have one but it doesn't help with the croup.
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby the cheese » 30 Jan 2018, 15:33

bosux wrote:We have one but it doesn't help with the croup.

The AAP recommends nebulized epinephrin for croup.

Nebulized epinephrine is an accepted treatment in patients with moderate to severe croup
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 Jan 2018, 15:36

the nebulizer has worked extremely well for us when we catch the croup early. The bitch of it is most of the time croup comes on so fast, and in the middle of the night, so if they're already at the stage where they're barking it doesn't help.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TVF wannabe » 30 Jan 2018, 15:45

SouthernYokel wrote:

the nebulizer has worked extremely well for us when we catch the croup early. The bitch of it is most of the time croup comes on so fast, and in the middle of the night, so if they're already at the stage where they're barking it doesn't help.

kids have a way of being a little under the waether at bedtime and instantly developing some serious disease that is full blown by 2AM
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby bosux » 30 Jan 2018, 15:47

the cheese wrote:

The AAP recommends nebulized epinephrin for croup.

Nebulized epinephrine is an accepted treatment in patients with moderate to severe croup

Tvfw referred to the Albuterol, which is what we have it for.
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Jan 2018, 11:14

Update, white kept him out of school today for the sniffles. No fever. Tomorrow is the cavity appointment. She is going to hold this over my head for months.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 31 Jan 2018, 11:17

SouthernYokel wrote:Update, white kept him out of school today for the sniffles. No fever. Tomorrow is the cavity appointment. She is going to hold this over my head for months.

True, might as well cheat with some woman on your business trip. Any prospects?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Magnum » 31 Jan 2018, 11:17

Shabazz threw up at like 1am last night. I think he ate something that didn't agree with him, because he seemed fine after. I still sent him to daycare.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.