"You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: "You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Postby TheWolf » 04 Jan 2018, 21:11

We we're rightfully closed today, it was a legitimate blizzard. Pup 1's school is closed tomorrow, and I'm sort of ok with it. I guess after big storms Hartford uses the school parking lots to keep the roads clear from street parking while they finish cleaning up. I'll allow it

What I'm not ok with is that daycare has already announced they're closed tomorrow. It stopped snowing by 6pm. You have 14 goddamn hours to clear your parking lot and get your fat asses to work. Most people have to work tomorrow, and are paying you a fuck load of money to watch their kids while they work. Get the fuck in there and do your jobs.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 05 Jan 2018, 10:42

TheWolf wrote:We we're rightfully closed today, it was a legitimate blizzard. Pup 1's school is closed tomorrow, and I'm sort of ok with it. I guess after big storms Hartford uses the school parking lots to keep the roads clear from street parking while they finish cleaning up. I'll allow it

What I'm not ok with is that daycare has already announced they're closed tomorrow. It stopped snowing by 6pm. You have 14 goddamn hours to clear your parking lot and get your fat asses to work. Most people have to work tomorrow, and are paying you a fuck load of money to watch their kids while they work. Get the fuck in there and do your jobs.

I agree with Wolf’s take here. The side roads in Tankville were still in horrible condition this morning, and I don’t think the school bus could’ve made it up my hill. The school closing was necessary. However most cars should be able to get where they need to go, so I expect adults to be back at work.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 05 Jan 2018, 10:46

Frank the Tank wrote:
TheWolf wrote:We we're rightfully closed today, it was a legitimate blizzard. Pup 1's school is closed tomorrow, and I'm sort of ok with it. I guess after big storms Hartford uses the school parking lots to keep the roads clear from street parking while they finish cleaning up. I'll allow it

I agree with Wolf’s take here. The side roads in Tankville were still in horrible condition this morning, and I don’t think the school bus could’ve made it up my hill. The school closing was necessary. However most cars should be able to get where they need to go, so I expect adults to be back at work.

lot of drifting with the winds...several accidents in suxtown this morning...school buses would of added to the cluster...i am #blessed to have the extra time with my fambly
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 05 Jan 2018, 11:10

bosux wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

lot of drifting with the winds...several accidents in suxtown this morning...school buses would of added to the cluster...i am #blessed to have the extra time with my fambly

The Greatest City is thankfully having none of that.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 08 Jan 2018, 12:28

Bo - I appear to be on a collision course with Camelback for Winter Break. 2 nights, mid week. Tubing and water park are on the kids agenda. How big a cluster am I looking at?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby bosux » 08 Jan 2018, 13:48

chrisco wrote:Bo - I appear to be on a collision course with Camelback for Winter Break. 2 nights, mid week. Tubing and water park are on the kids agenda. How big a cluster am I looking at?

there's enough competition for the discretionary dollar out there so mid week might be busy but not crazy...rent some skis, it's not a bad little mountain
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Theny » 08 Jan 2018, 14:41

Uh, didn't we just have winter break?
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby chrisco » 08 Jan 2018, 14:50

Theny wrote:Uh, didn't we just have winter break?

That's Christmas break. There's a week off in Feb that's Winter break. Then Spring Break is early April.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mister bacon » 08 Jan 2018, 14:51

*holiday break /79
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2018, 14:52

Pup 2 asked me last night when I think he should get a boyfriend. I told him that boys have girlfriends, not boyfriends. He seemed to be OK with that explanation. #faggotkids
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Jan 2018, 14:54

TheWolf wrote:Pup 2 asked me last night when I think he should get a boyfriend. I told him that boys have girlfriends, not boyfriends. He seemed to be OK with that explanation. #faggotkids

This caught me right in the feels. Our faggot kids grow up so fast.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 10 Jan 2018, 15:04

Random Hate Parents Edition: If could deprive one person on earth of their livelihood, it would be GamingWithJen AKA SuperGirlyGamer.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TVF wannabe » 11 Jan 2018, 12:49

Around here most places follow the districts calendar and closing schedule.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Goose » 11 Jan 2018, 12:55

TVF wannabe wrote:

Around here most places follow the districts calendar and closing schedule.

Are you never sent to bed early?
Does nobody makes you wait?
Do you stay up very, very, very, very late?

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Jan 2018, 19:24

following up on the discussion earlier in another thread (i forget which) about pj missing out because his daughters aren't into sports. one thing you could try is to take them to woman college basketball games. you've got lots of choices in philly, probably st joe's or penn would be best bet. get seats close to the floor, hopefully there will be a band and mascot to entertain them. get there early enough for them to see the players warm up and run around the place, buy them as much shitty concessions food as they want. maybe they can get on the videoboard during a time out if they shake their booty to the music being played. schools like that will have promotions all the time where the players sign autographs or meet fans after games. can be a decent way to kill a saturday afternoon with the kids.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.