"You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: "You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Dec 2017, 15:41

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:There was this little asshole in Pup 2's daycare "class" that was just an awful kid. Lotta hitting and biting and such, and just generally shitty behavior. My understanding is that the mom was told he's not welcome there anymore, and I haven't seen him in over a month. But the mom still comes there every day to drop off her other kid. If you're forced to bring one kid somewhere else because he sucks so much, why not just put them both in a new place? Seems like it would be awkward af to keep going there after one kid got booted.

my brother was kicked out of 3 daycares. some kids are tough to get in line, don't want to fuck with one kid's social development because the other is wild.

Fair. It seemed odd to me, but I suppose that's a logical explanation. TY. Is your brother still an asshole?

no, he turned out way better than me. weird, huh?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 22 Dec 2017, 07:00

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:There was this little asshole in Pup 2's daycare "class" that was just an awful kid. Lotta hitting and biting and such, and just generally shitty behavior. My understanding is that the mom was told he's not welcome there anymore, and I haven't seen him in over a month. But the mom still comes there every day to drop off her other kid. If you're forced to bring one kid somewhere else because he sucks so much, why not just put them both in a new place? Seems like it would be awkward af to keep going there after one kid got booted.

my brother was kicked out of 3 daycares. some kids are tough to get in line, don't want to fuck with one kid's social development because the other is wild.

Fair. It seemed odd to me, but I suppose that's a logical explanation. TY. Is your brother still an asshole?

it's the quiet ones you always gotta watch out for
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby JT99 » 22 Dec 2017, 08:20

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

it's the quiet ones you always gotta watch out for

That's why I keep a close eye on Bing [Bot]
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Dec 2017, 23:56

I mentioned this in the box, but Adrian Dantley refereed my son’s JV basketball game tonight. Mind blowing, really.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby nerf66 » 25 Dec 2017, 08:11

Rodney Farva wrote:I mentioned this in the box, but Adrian Dantley refereed my son’s JV basketball game tonight. Mind blowing, really.

I DIDN’T HAVE TO LOOK UP WHO THAT WAS!*

*yes i did
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby mister bacon » 25 Dec 2017, 23:53

nerf66 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:I mentioned this in the box, but Adrian Dantley refereed my son’s JV basketball game tonight. Mind blowing, really.

*yes i did

should've just asked ur mom.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby nerf66 » 26 Dec 2017, 12:28

mister bacon wrote:
nerf66 wrote:

*yes i did

should've just asked ur mom.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby rickm3 » 26 Dec 2017, 20:28

I don't have kids so I try not to judge other people's parenting skills/decisions. So I will defer to the smart people here (yes I actually do think most of the people here are pretty smart...I did say most) and ask if I am being too harsh in my opinion.

#1 - My gf's sisters daughter is 12 or 13 and "gets anxiety" and doesn't like to be around people. So her mom, to protect her little angel, has taken her out of school and is home schooling her. She has been failing every proficiency test she has taken. She refuses to go to school or counseling and mom thinks this is totally ok. I think this will end up with her doing tricks at Sam's town in Vegas (for those not familiar with Vegas that is not a good thing) and ultimately her body being found in a shallow grave in the desert.

My take - Make the kid go to school and learn how to be a real person. Most kids hate school. She is not really dysfunctional at family gatherings, just a little weird.

#2 - My gf's brother is 45 had a bad heroin habit (is there a good heroin habit?), has been living with his mom for 4 years and stayed clean and had a job repairing high end appliances (for Bosch I think) making $60k or so a year. He has unravelled a bit over the past 6 months, got a dui a few months ago and there are some signs he is on the smack again, at Christmas it looked like he hadn't taken a shower and he nodded off at the table after dinner but said he was tired and needed coffee.

My take - You are 45 and living with your mom?

#3 - My sisters kid 24 yo son that has had heroin issues for a few years. He has been clean for about a year and a half. He currently lives with mom, doesn't have a job and plays video games all day and my sister supports him.

My take - Get the fuck out and get a job. He will likely be the one that kills #1 after she trys to up-charge him for swallowing.

That in a nutshell is a small part of my family.

Oh, and I forget to add the the former wife of one of the gf's other brother is in jail, we just learned that on Christmas day. Not sure what the charges are yet.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 Dec 2017, 20:50

rickm3 wrote:I don't have kids so I try not to judge other people's parenting skills/decisions. So I will defer to the smart people here (yes I actually do think most of the people here are pretty smart...I did say most) and ask if I am being too harsh in my opinion.

#1 - My gf's sisters daughter is 12 or 13 and "gets anxiety" and doesn't like to be around people. So her mom, to protect her little angel, has taken her out of school and is home schooling her. She has been failing every proficiency test she has taken. She refuses to go to school or counseling and mom thinks this is totally ok. I think this will end up with her doing tricks at Sam's town in Vegas (for those not familiar with Vegas that is not a good thing) and ultimately her body being found in a shallow grave in the desert.

This one's difficult. Tough to paint with a broad brush. There are some kids out there with absolutely crippling anxiety to the point where they can't function, or maybe it pairs with depression causing a potentially dangerous situation. I don't want to say that it's definitely an overreaction. However there are kids and parents who use the anxiety as a crutch. Maybe they medicate their kids in an effort to make them easier to deal with. Could be anywhere on that scale. However, I will say that if school is out then counseling is critical. Can't just let it slide. I've heard of lots of kids seeing a combination of therapists and psychiatrists and racking up $1K of bills a month easy.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 26 Dec 2017, 21:25

rickm3 wrote:I don't have kids so I try not to judge other people's parenting skills/decisions. So I will defer to the smart people here (yes I actually do think most of the people here are pretty smart...I did say most) and ask if I am being too harsh in my opinion.

My take - Make the kid go to school and learn how to be a real person. Most kids hate school. She is not really dysfunctional at family gatherings, just a little weird.

i have pretty bad anxiety and suffered for years without diagnosis. now i understand how and what it is, and i treat mine with a combination of therapy and medication. if her daughter is suffering to the point where she is having trouble going to school she needs to go to an inpatient psych hospital for a stay until her doctors can get it under control or intensive outpatient program for treatment for a few weeks to learn how to manage her condition. right now she's refusing treatment and refusing to go to school and that is not acceptable.

I'm not advocating for forcibly medicating the child in any way shape or form, but if she's suffering to the point where she allegedly can't go to school then it's highly likely that she's probably going to need medication.

your sister should lay the choices out for her. either she checks until the hospital for intensive psychiatric treatment, or begins regular behavioral therapy and resumes school.

i have been on pretty much every anti anxiety med on the market and recommend what I'm on now which is called buspar, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby rickm3 » 27 Dec 2017, 12:55

Thanks FTT and MB. What you said is the same as the counselor that the mom is taking to. If she won't go to school she has to go to therapy. If she won't go to therapy than it the inpatient route. This is all complicated by the fact that mom is divorced and the dad isn't really around and the mom has some significant health issues of own so she doesn't work and is on some sort of public assistance and has no money. A shitty situation all around.
rickm3
Hope College Alum

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Dec 2017, 13:03

That is tough. A lot of otherwise good health plans are shitty covering therapy costs.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 27 Dec 2017, 13:27

rickm3 wrote:Thanks FTT and MB. What you said is the same as the counselor that the mom is taking to. If she won't go to school she has to go to therapy. If she won't go to therapy than it the inpatient route. This is all complicated by the fact that mom is divorced and the dad isn't really around and the mom has some significant health issues of own so she doesn't work and is on some sort of public assistance and has no money. A shitty situation all around.

if she's on ssi or ssdi public her daughter can probably use obamacare/medicaid/SCHIP for her psych hospital stay so long as she's a minor.

https://www.hhs.gov/mental-health-and-a ... index.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 1hM07mu2fc

it is imperative that she get this taken care of and under control while the state will still cover it because after age 18 it's going to be much more expensive and difficult to handle as the daughter will have to do it on her own likely without insurance or high deductible minimum coverage.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Jan 2018, 18:35

our school district closed today and will be on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. we had 1 inch of snow this morning and no more will fall today or tonight. supposebly they are worried about kids who walk to school or stand outside waiting for the bus in the cold. perhaps we should close up shop and reopen in april.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 04 Jan 2018, 20:46

Rodney Farva wrote:our school district closed today and will be on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. we had 1 inch of snow this morning and no more will fall today or tonight. supposebly they are worried about kids who walk to school or stand outside waiting for the bus in the cold. perhaps we should close up shop and reopen in april.

Perhaps you should open the entire ocean up to offshore drilling.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.