"You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: "You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Postby Jew Jitsu » 03 Feb 2017, 16:03

Rodney Farva wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Farv, I forget if this has been asked/answered before... Who do they play against in these tournaments? Are these all like ex-pat/embassy type of schools for American kids in different countries? Or are you playing locals, or what?

for all our sports, the season itself really is just the league tournament at the end of the season. we are in a six-team league. each school has 'american' in its name, but the reality is they each have 30% or so american kids and the rest are a mix of locals and other nationalities. the other five schools are all in the middle east, two schools in Dubai (UAE), one in Abu Dhabi (UAE), one in Doha (Qatar) and one in Muscat (Oman).

Your sons high school league spans half a continent? Fml
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 03 Feb 2017, 17:06

the cheese wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Magnum wrote:What are the ages for these things? Assuming older than 2?

They are labeled as being for 3 and up. Pup 2 (he's almost 2 and a half) does just fine with them though.

my son loves these. when he goes on 'playdates' he always takes them with him and his friends love them too. cheap and fun toys ftw.

They ain't cheap homey. The 100 piece set is $119 on Amazon. Prime eligible. We have two sets. It's a blast.

By we I mean me. I have two sets.

When I picked pup 2 up at daycare today, they were playing with these. Good talk.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 03 Feb 2017, 23:22

Jew Jitsu wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Farv, I forget if this has been asked/answered before... Who do they play against in these tournaments? Are these all like ex-pat/embassy type of schools for American kids in different countries? Or are you playing locals, or what?

for all our sports, the season itself really is just the league tournament at the end of the season. we are in a six-team league. each school has 'american' in its name, but the reality is they each have 30% or so american kids and the rest are a mix of locals and other nationalities. the other five schools are all in the middle east, two schools in Dubai (UAE), one in Abu Dhabi (UAE), one in Doha (Qatar) and one in Muscat (Oman).

Your sons high school league spans half a continent? Fml

not like we're playing each other every weekend doe.

played poorly in first game saturday. rod jr was a turnover machine and only scored 4. key players got a lot of rest as they knew winning would be difficult. finished 4th after round robin, probably what we deserved as top 3 teams (all finished 4-1) were clearly better. play host team in the bronze medal game in the afternoon.

ETA played best game of the tournament. rodney jr had 10 at the half and finished with 15 including a 3 in last minute to get them within 2 (no holsteringhis pistols). ended up losing by 5. big beast only played 5 minutes because of his knee which was the difference because he was a defensive and rebounding force when he was in.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mister bacon » 05 Feb 2017, 21:10

how do you get your kid to stop eating his own boogers asking for me tyia
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby chrisco » 05 Feb 2017, 21:21

mister bacon wrote:how do you get your kid to stop eating his own boogers asking for me tyia

Super glue his nostrils shut. /Not real advice
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Feb 2017, 21:29

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:how do you get your kid to stop eating his own boogers asking for me tyia

Super glue his nostrils shut. /Not real advice

I assume wait until he's humiliated at school and stops on his own.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rodney Farva » 05 Feb 2017, 22:59

luckily we never had to tackle that one. good luck, tho there are worse problems to have with your kids
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Theny » 05 Feb 2017, 23:05

My 5 year old puked on me today. Luckily it was only once. And only the second time she's ever vomited. #ironstomachs
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JT99 » 06 Feb 2017, 08:40

Theny wrote:My 5 year old puked on me today. Luckily it was only once. And only the second time she's ever vomited. #ironstomachs

Black and white cookie?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 06 Feb 2017, 10:00

In 15 years, that's what she's gonna call her... #toosoon
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TVF wannabe » 06 Feb 2017, 10:09

Good luck with that.

My 5 year old loves magna tiles, he got a set for his 3rd birthday but was all into it, I'm sure had he gotten them a few months earlier he'd have done just fine. We bought him a bunch more pieces this year including a remote control car, he really likes that.

Theny was right, never be the asshole caring parent and if it's no score T-ball if you argue you're an ass. That doesn't mean you have to let the crying mother have her kid be safe. A couple years ago, my son' was 6 I think and there was a close play in a blowout, so the losing team said let him (their kid) be safe. All the kids on my sons team went crazy and one kid called them a cheater, the coach screamed and yelled like a lunatic, not realizing his team in fact cheated. Moral of the story when the kids know the rules, you have to follow them even when you want to be nice and dont be an ass.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby TheWolf » 06 Feb 2017, 10:14

Theny wrote:My 5 year old puked on me today. Luckily it was only once. And only the second time she's ever vomited. #ironstomachs

My 2 year old puked all over me last week. It caught me so off guard that I almost dropped him. Then that night he puked in his bed 3 times. Fun stuff.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:15

TheWolf wrote:

My 2 year old puked all over me last week. It caught me so off guard that I almost dropped him. Then that night he puked in his bed 3 times. Fun stuff.

My 2 year old did that a couple weeks ago, I literally tossed him off me. Onto the couch. Which he then puked on and that was a bitch to get cleaned up. Moral of the story: should have just kept getting puked on.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TVF wannabe » 06 Feb 2017, 10:19

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

My 2 year old did that a couple weeks ago, I literally tossed him off me. Onto the couch. Which he then puked on and that was a bitch to get cleaned up. Moral of the story: should have just kept getting puked on.

My wife's always into that. "when a kid starts puking, don't run with him. You just end up with a trail of puke to clean."
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Goose » 06 Feb 2017, 10:57

TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

My wife's always into that. "when a kid starts puking, don't run with him. You just end up with a trail of puke to clean."

All three of my kids went through a puking run over the last week: the oldest threw up Tuesday night and a couple of times on Wed and Thursday. The youngest kid did Wednesday night through Friday and the middle kid did Thursday night and Friday. They all had fevers and missed a bunch of school. I didn't get sick, but did manage to get woken up each of those nights (my wife is a much deeper sleeper than I am) by puking, crying kids. Luckily they all made it to the toilet so no post-puke cleanup to be done.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.